Would You Die For The Mane 6

ThePlantsOfDistraction

to quote one SOAD (#cover)....

How many ponies that'll die for you

How many get the keys like to ride wit you

I ain't talkin' 'bout those that get high with you

Ponies know, infrareds on ya head and they ride with you

So yea, I would.

Without a second thought, yes I would, even for only one of them.

Why? Because a man who is not willing to die for something is not fit to live for anything. I would gladly trade my life for a chance to uphold those values they represent, and I would do it for anyone in this world that represents those values with as strong a conviction as they do as well.

I feel like that sounds a bit... cliche, for lack of a better word, but it is what I believe.

Edited by Hollowshield
  • Brohoof 3

For the greater good of Equestria. I love all of the Mane 6 and would gladly take the fatal blow for one of them. It would mean giving up ever seeing them again, but at least I know I can go out saving their lives... and say a cool death catch line. B)

Let's just say, good things don't last. Happiness is a miracle, and miracles are short-lived.

If I'm in Equestria, that's a blessing in itself. The moment I arrive, I'd be expecting my demise.

• Brohoof 1

"The world must remain 20% cooler!" Are the words I would yell while leaping in front of the bullet/missile/deathray/etc. being fired at Rainbow Dash.

But yeah, any of them. Similar reason as Hollowshield. I'm a soldier at heart, and not afraid to fight and die for what I believe in.

• Brohoof 1

It depends how.

I must die in an epic way.

It must be raining on a 50-story building rooftop as I flight the world's most wicked, twisted criminal while everything is in slow motion. I demand to be duel-wielding flying, robot, missile fists at my target. He must tackle me to where my head is right over the edge, and he will beat my face. Then, I turn him over and headbutt him, breaking his nose. As we both scatter away from the edge, we both go back to fighting. He will Spartan-kick me off the edge, but at the last second, I grab his arm, making us both fall.

While flying thought midair, we continue punching each other. Then, we both grab a sideways flag pole, both of us hangin on for our dear lives.

I will kick him, but he hugs me at the last second, making us both fall again. When we're close to the ground, a giant bear-dragon breaks from the ground/asphalt and opens its mouth. We both land inside, when all of a sudden one of my missile-fists malfunction, blowing up the bear-dragon, the criminal, and me.

That is how I demand to die.

Edited by Pilot
  • Brohoof 3

In a ascenario that is me that was trasfered to Equestria the answer is petty much No as shank said My life for a bunch of cartoon ponies aren't gone happen.

In a scenario that this world never existed and we were all ponies and the mane 6 were who they were it still depends. You don't easily give up your life even for the greater good. If it was stalling a big bad and this resulting in me dieing then that I would propably do it. It depends on what is happening really.

Die for simple cartoon characters? No.

Ok, well, this is the mane 6 characters of the show we're talking about. But still, eh....I dunno.

In a ascenario that is me that was trasfered to Equestria the answer is petty much No as shank said My life for a bunch of cartoon ponies aren't gone happen.

In a scenario that this world never existed and we were all ponies and the mane 6 were who they were it still depends. You don't easily give up your life even for the greater good. If it was stalling a big bad and this resulting in me dieing then that I would propably do it. It depends on what is happening really.

Basically this. I'm not so obbsessed to just say yes. But if this goes as 'we are in the world of Equestria' then sure. I'm discord. I don't die, I just get stoned in a garden, then cackle and get out. </3

• Brohoof 1

If I somehow was transferred to Equestria and had lived there long enough to settle down and befriend the Mane6, I wouldn't see them as just cartoon ponies from a show. I don't think I could see myself being more "real" than them just because they were something else in my world. I would eventually think of Equestria as another reality, dimension or whatever, and their lives would have just as much value as mine.

So yes, I guess I'd sacrifice myself. We're all going to die anyway. Better to do it knowing that you saved six wonderful friends (I'm sure they would be), than to die later with guilt in your heart.

• Brohoof 1

Only if I get to go out defeating a Balrog...

Posted Image

Oh man, that'd be so sick!!! ;)

LOL, on a serious note, IDK. My real life, no, heck no. But, IDK, say I'd been in Equestria for quite awhile, as a pony, and had actually gotten close to the Mane 6, and for whatever reason was with all of them on whatever perilous quest they were on, then, well, yes, but, as I pointed out, that's a lot of prerequisites to go through first before I'd be willing to die for all of them. I'm not trying to sound like a coward or anything, just a realist; as many others have pointed out, normal humans (or ponies for that matter) aren't just willing most of the time to die for complete strangers or someone they don't know that well. I mean, if I knew how great and noble the Mane 6 were, even if I didn't know them personally that well, and wanted to ensure that their goodness carried on, then maybe, but that still wouldn't explain what I'd be doing there with them in the first place, unless the threat was right in the middle of Ponyville where a lot of the townsponies, including myself, were at. I mean, think about it a different way; every time there's a life threatening scenario for superheroes like Batman or Superman, you don't see random people, or even their closest friends (well, maybe rarely on occasion close friends, but still not that often), taking a bullet for them out of the blue. You know why? Because they're heroes who normal people look up to for protection and believe in, people whom everyone else believes can take anything that's thrown at them. Same goes for the Mane 6 (at least I'd hope so at this point considering they've saved Equestria how many times now?).

• Brohoof 2

Yes. It doesn't matter who it is, I would die if it meant I could save even one life.

If my life was the lone difference between life and death for someone who doesn't even deserve to die, I would sacrifice myself without question. No matter how evil, no matter what I feel about them. I would give my life to save their life, because it is the right thing to do. I have times over done enough to deserve to die, and I am not so selfish that I would let anything die an undeserved death just for my own selfish preservation of my own ill-used life. It is the honourable and valourous thing to do, and it is the right thing to do, regardless of whose life was in danger. I would even make this sacrifice for my most bitter enemy, for my own hatred should never stop me from doing the just and right thing. Letting someone die when you can save them is nothing short of cold, heartless murder.

Would I give up my real life to 'save' a bunch of cartoon ponies?

no.

~

But the question was if you would give up your equestrian life, not your real life.

Okay, if I were a pony and I was friends with them, without a shadow of a doubt yes. I would die for Rainbow Dash or well anyone of the Mane six. I would feel much responsible if I just stood there and watched them die. If I need to trade one of their lives for my own Pony life then so be it. Not only would the Mane six consider me a Hero. I would probably be a Equestria Hero and Celestia would demand that the ponies build me a statue to honor my memory. Hey, a fella can dream can't he?

• Brohoof 1