Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would You Die For The Mane 6

ThePlantsOfDistraction

I've thought about this for a long time, actually.

Yes, I would. If I went to Equestria, the Mane 6 would be more than just "cartoon ponies that cheer me up". They have had a huge positive influence on my life, and it feels right to repay them in some way for that. Besides, I'm not afraid of dying (although I'm still quite adverse to pain http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png).

If I was really close to them. Yes.

If I knew of them but wasn't really on a friend level. I would do my best to protect them, but I'm not sure I would willingly give my life for them.

If equestria were real, and I lived in it, and I was friends with the mane 6, I'd die for fluttershy and pinkie pie certainly, rest, not sure. Definitely not rainbow dash tho. Like, lets say, me, fluttershy and pinkie pie are trying to escape an angry dragon on some island, and we get to the beach and there's only one boat, we all get in but it can't support the weight of all of us, in that case, I'd stay behind so that they could get away with their lives.

Edited by Pegasus25

Die? No, I would never die for anyone, and I doubt most people would. It doesn't take much to say you can 'die for something', but to actually do it is a lot more.

• Brohoof 2

I would die for anything that exists for real and is sentient, but I wouldn't die for something that was only one of those things or none of them.

But if I was in Equestria, then that would mean everypony was real, and that would mean everypony had lives, just like you.

I always value someone else's life over my own, no matter who they were nor how small of a number of lives I would save, I would give up my own life so they could carry on living theirs.

Go to Equestria just to die for somepony > Live in Equestria for the rest of my life.

Again, if Equestria was real, I would. And just simply being in Equestria would mean it's real.

I feel like that sounds a bit... cliche, for lack of a better word, but it is what I believe.

As Hollowshield said, it might sound a little cliché, but this is honestly how I feel.

I don't think I could live with the guilt of failing to save someone when I could have.

I know all of what I said might seem to make me sound like a depressing sort of person, but I'm actually a very happy individual. I'm just so selfless sometimes.

If Equestria was real and everything, then... I would sacrifice myself for any of the Mane 6, but it would be hard doing so since I'm sure everyone here doesn't want to die! Although, it could be for a worthy cause...

To ask whether or not you would die for someone (or something) is a bold question. While people could say "yes" easily, it would still remain to be seen on whether or not they would actually come to terms with that decision, even if they're extremely close to that person.

For the sake of other people, I would protect those around me, but give my life for them? It would depend greatly on the situation. If the situation appears meek (for example, we have to save the world from an evil conqueror or something), I would sacrifice myself for the greater good of the world, not just for one person. However, if I give myself away in this regard just so that the other person has a much better shot at fulfilling the objective/goal, I would certainly do so.

I would have to know them on a personal level, as of right now they are just cartoon characters, so... risk life? Eh..... not likely

And yes, I'm well aware that the thread says to assume they are real, but that's just adding a premise, its purely mathematical. I would need to know them personally to make an emotional decision such as self-sacrifice.

If I lived in Equestria

All: Yes

Twilight: Yes

Applejack: Yes

Fluttershy: I'd die twice for this one

Rainbow Dash: Yes

Pinkie Pie: Yes

Rarity: Uh... Neutral

( :ph34r:)

Real Life

All: No

Twi: No

Applejack: No

Fluttershy: Maybe

Rainbow: No

Pinkie: No

Rarity: NO. JUST NO.

Edited by Pinstrype

Yes, yes I would. If there was no other option, I would die for any of the Mane 6. Preferably in an epic way though B) It would be horrible if I ended up dying in a crazy and humorous way. I wouldn't want to go down in history like that lol

Gives more ponies a chance to grow.

Case in point:

THIS:

post-2915-0-06241900-1335762158_thumb.jpg

MAKES THIS:

post-2915-0-15338600-1335762190.jpg

WHICH LEADS TO THIS:

post-2915-0-95501000-1335762590_thumb.jpg

WHICH LEADS TO THIS!

post-2915-0-67383100-1335762472_thumb.jpg

Basically, the world must move on.

Edited by Guest

I would totally sacrifice myself to save Twilight, my last words to her would be that I love her!

The moment i saw that you posted here i expected to see a paragraph on how you would love to save twilight and all that stuff.

Oooh, difficult, kind of thing that keeps me awake at night.

I value my life nearly above all else, seeing as I'm an atheist, and so don't believe we go anywhere when we die, but I also value the life of others, and would never let someone die without trying to save them first.

This is the kind of situation my ability to think logically works quite nicely. Other people might get destracted under stress, but my 'I don't give a crap' attitude lets me analyze much more throughly.

Now, if there were NO CHANCE of saving us all unless I killed myself, then that'd be a problem.

But I guess that 6 lives, or even one life of an element of Harmony, values more than mine.

• Brohoof 2

I would if it's the only way to save one of them. I am not someone who would give his life away easily and without fighting for it, but I would sacrifice myself for a good friend. I've had a few situations where I could have died and somehow I am not really afraid of death anymore, although I would never kill myself because I like my life. But to be honest, I'd prefer a cool/meaningful death over growing old and sleeping in