Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler What worries you about future episodes?

ggg-2

I feel sorry for anyone writing "Newbie Dash", I can see expectations being high for it considering it's the episode where she finally makes it to the Wonderbolts, they need to knock it out of the park or else the fandom's gonna completely tear them apart

• Brohoof 3

Character stagnation.

"The gift of Maude Pie" raised red flags. Why give Rarity a THIRD boutique? No buildup, with her EVER mentioning wanting to open one in Manehattan, like she dreamed of, in Canterlot since season 1. No rhyme or reason. Just because.

What goal is she supposed to be pursuing, now?

• Brohoof 1

Character stagnation.

"The gift of Maude Pie" raised red flags. Why give Rarity a THIRD boutique? No buildup, with her EVER mentioning wanting to open one in Manehattan, like she dreamed of, in Canterlot since season 1. No rhyme or reason. Just because.

What goal is she supposed to be pursuing, now?

It's already been established that Rarity loves Manehattan. It only makes sense that she would want to find a location there as well for her thriving business.

• Brohoof 7

I feel sorry for anyone writing "Newbie Dash", I can see expectations being high for it considering it's the episode where she finally makes it to the Wonderbolts, they need to knock it out of the park or else the fandom's gonna completely tear them apart

According to the synopsis, she makes a terrible first impression, and gets a bad nickname.

I can imagine it being hard to watch if not pulled off well.

Gauntlet of Fire: Completely nerfing of the Mane 6 just to force Spike into the heroes role. 

Newbie Dash: Rainbow Dash acting like a toddler due to a bad nickname. 

All episodes: Clunky exposition for the set up of whatever is happening in said episode. 

• Brohoof 2

newbie dash: This is a HUGE episode for dash about her finally realizing her dreams, something that's been built up to for basically 5 seasons. And THAT is the plotline you come up with? SERIOUSLY? That's like making Twilight's kingdom about Twilight concerned about looking fat in her dress or some shit.

Gauntlet of fire: I fear they're going to "try too hard" with spike in attempting to make him seem bad ass in order to sell those 40.00 guardians of harmony toys and will end up just making a cringey episode.

The finale: Haber's at the helm, I HATED Friendship games, and I expect a redux of it with starlight instead of sunset.

No second prances: [insert random brony complaint here] ;)

• Brohoof 1

I'm sorta concerned as to how the writers will handle the series finale. I know that we don't know when the final days of the show will come, but I am really hoping that the culmination is worth it.

(edited)

Possible villain reformations.

I am so sick and tired of them.

If Chrysalis returns in the finale, she better not end up getting reformed. :okiedokieloki:

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

That the series finale is just going to be another giant spotlight for Twilight & Spike. Like every other premiere, movie and finale.

The season premiere was not about Twilight.

I'm a little apprehensive that they're going to try and shoehorn Starlight Shimmer into every space they can find.  Based on previous experience, introducing a new character into an established ensemble is difficult to do well.  Need to wait and see.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My biggest fear would be if the writers come to this site and read the posts and comments people make.  That would be the end of the show as we know it, if that were to happen.

I'm a little apprehensive that they're going to try and shoehorn Starlight Shimmer into every space they can find.

I think one good way to develop her character that would work, is if she went back to the village she tried to take control of in the Season 5 premiere, and had to face up to her actions.  That would be great development for her, and it would probably go a lot further in redeeming her character than what we've seen up to this point.  Plus, they could do it in a single stand-alone episode.

Edited by SBaby

I think one good way to develop her character that would work, is if she went back to the village she tried to take control of in the Season 5 premiere, and had to face up to her actions.  That would be great development for her, and it would probably go a lot further in redeeming her character than what we've seen up to this point.  Plus, they could do it in a single stand-alone episode.

The only problem with that idea is that it was already covered in her blink-and-you'll-miss-it reformation montage at the end of 'The Cutie Remarking', so we would miss out on the villagers initial reaction to her appearance which could have had the potential to be a great scene.

That's not to say that it wouldn't work as an episode of course, I just think that as an episode, it would be less than it could have been.

• Brohoof 1

I am mostly worried about Starlight at this point.  I want to see her have proper development if she needs to be in an episode, I still haven't forgot about her trying to essentially destroy everything out of petty jealousy. The premiere was a pretty decent start, but I hope the writers can fully win me over. 

(edited)
No buildup, with her EVER mentioning wanting to open one in Manehattan, like she dreamed of, in Canterlot since season 1

She never said she wanted to open a shop in Canterlot either. She just showed a strong love for the city (kind of like how she's acted about Manehatten since season 4). We only knew about a goal of her opening a shop in Canterlot because Lauren said that was her how she would have ended Rarity's arc.

Edited by Marimo
  • Brohoof 1

Just bad writing, in general. With both Amy Keating Rogers and M.A. Larson not involved with season 6, I can't help but feel that I'm not going to enjoy it quite as much as previous seasons. 

I'm a little apprehensive that they're going to try and shoehorn Starlight Shimmer into every space they can find.

Also, this. I'm really hoping there won't be a disproportionate level of focus on her. Things are already a bit unbalanced as it is, which is why both Fluttershy and Spike only had one episode each last season. 

(edited)

That's not to say that it wouldn't work as an episode of course, I just think that as an episode, it would be less than it could have been.

It can work if it's done well.  I've seen plotlines like this work in shows that are less well-written than FiM usually is (Power Rangers of all things, for instance).

The trick is to make both the character and the ones they wronged the focus.  Bear in mind she took control of their lives, essentially held them prisoner, for presumably a lengthy period of time.  That isn't something one easily gets over.

Mind you, I don't think she should be a permanent replacement for any of the current characters, and my biggest fear is the idea that they may be building her up to be such, especially since she's been in an inordinate amount of episodes compared to other recurring characters, in the same time span.  That gives me a sinking feeling, especially with a movie on the way (and historically, Hasbro tie-in movies often feature major changes in the status quo).

I hope I'm wrong and she's just a compliment to the existing cast, but there's probably a reason she's been in three two-parters in a row, and apparently has at least one other stand alone episode coming up this season.

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 2

Which one are you more worried about, Gauntlet or Newbie?

Gauntlet. There's more at stake since Spike could disappear forever if he finds his biological mother and has to sit on that throne as the new dragon lord. Plus it would be a kick to the face of the fans to just write him out right when he's established this fascinating repor between himself and Starlight.

I'm not as worried about Newbie Dash because I think the conflict will simply be her getting butthurt over getting a nickname that she doesn't appreciate and not actual cruelty on the part of the Wonderbolts. But we'll see...

• Brohoof 1