Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler What worries you about future episodes?

ggg-2

I am kinda worried about the future of the CMC, I mean I know they might disband because of their cutie marks...And yes, giving them Cutie Marks was a bad idea indeed! "Cutie Marks for Cutie Marks, sounds like a fair trade to me" you're absolutely right Starlight Glimmer! 

(edited)

That they'll find more ridiculous ways of making the mane six the only ones who can save Equestria from becoming a wasteland.

Edited by Wink Link

I am kinda worried about the future of the CMC, I mean I know they might disband because of their cutie marks...And yes, giving them Cutie Marks was a bad idea indeed! "Cutie Marks for Cutie Marks, sounds like a fair trade to me" you're absolutely right Starlight Glimmer! 

It is very unlikely that the girls will separate. However, could you elaborate on that a bit?

Just dropping certain storylines or characters.

Remember Peewee? He was Spikes Phoenix, until they dropped him and let him free offscreen. That's something they should never do again, which is why i am glad that Starlight is still being used.

I rather want to see a story/character failing miserably and the writers saying "atleast we tried," instead of just dropping it and running away from it.

• Brohoof 5

• 2 weeks later...

I'm always worried whenever an upcoming episode features Starlight Glimmer in some way, shape or form. It's bad enough we had her forced down her throats after the finale, but now that she's been reformed, she's become an incredibly bland character. All she ever seems to do is mope about and feel sorry for herself. Besides, was it really necessary for the show to add another main character this late in the game?

Edited by Silvestra Spooner

That they run out of ideas and will start to recycle plots in a bad way or make this show run on for too long. Right now I dont think this series is there yet but I am still worried that that day will come 

That they run out of ideas and will start to recycle plots in a bad way or make this show run on for too long. Right now I dont think this series is there yet but I am still worried that that day will come 

Crystalling was Crystal Empire being threatened by eternal winter just like "The Crystal Empire"

Gift of Maud was "Trade Ya! Manehatten Edition"

On your Marks was Bloom and Gloom without the dream gimmick

Gauntlet of Fire was Great Dragon Migration: How It Should Have Ended

They're already recycling plotlines

Besides, was it really necessary for the show to add another main character this late in the game?

Not really.  The proverbial 'Sixth Ranger' shows up all the time in the middle of a series.  Honestly, I'm surprised it took them this long to do.  But if they're panning on continuing the show beyond the movie, it stands to reason that this may be the perceived halfway point of the series, as far as they're concerned.

Again, I just have a hunch they're planning something major with her, since she's been in three two-parters in a row.

Not really.  The proverbial 'Sixth Ranger' shows up all the time in the middle of a series.  Honestly, I'm surprised it took them this long to do.

I'm just worried Starlight Glimmer represents a turning point in the series - and not a good one, either.

Edited by Silvestra Spooner

I'm worried about No Second Prances, the next episode.

It just seems OOC for Twilight to try to stop Starlight from being friends with another formerly bad pony, after she witnessed Nightmare Moon, Starlight, and Discord being reformed.

Nothing, the future of MLP G4: FiM is bright, and not one of the episodes of Season 6 has thus far been irredeemable or terrible. Really, until an episode airs, you have NO idea of how it will turn out, so stop worrying about it until it actually happens. 

I for one am tired of this continual fandom hyperchrondria, that seems to posit that the series is on it's last leg, and that each upcoming episode is going to be the one that puts the final nail in the coffin. It hasn't happened yet, why do you expect it will happen?

Sheesh.

• Brohoof 2

Just bad writing, in general. With both Amy Keating Rogers and M.A. Larson not involved with season 6, I can't help but feel that I'm not going to enjoy it quite as much as previous seasons. 

Also, this. I'm really hoping there won't be a disproportionate level of focus on her. Things are already a bit unbalanced as it is, which is why both Fluttershy and Spike only had one episode each last season. 

We got two Starlight episodes so far and a two parter (no second prances, a hearth's warming tale and then the Premier) about her.  I don't expect she'll be shoehorned in, but I AM expecting alot of focus episodes Plus the finale being about her. This is basically the starlight season IMO, like Friendship games was the Sunset shimmer movie.

The mane 6 not having anymore character development. We had 5 seasons of great development and to see our main characters off to the sidelines and just "appearing" in a episode seemed like a waste.

It just seems OOC for Twilight to try to stop Starlight from being friends with another formerly bad pony, after she witnessed Nightmare Moon, Starlight, and Discord being reformed.

It's been speculated that the formerly bad pony in question is Trixie, in which case, while she is reformed and she and Twilight parted on good terms, Trixie left with her ego very much intact. I wouldn't blame Twi for still seeing Trixie as a bad influence.

• Brohoof 1

Going off of the episodes we already have, I hope they will get away from the stock plots for a few episodes. They're not inherently bad, but there's only so much you can do with them. Missed opportunities are also a big one for me, and the biggest reason why is intense focus on the Mane 6 to the expense of other characters. I hope they can bring in more new and secondary characters, and this season isn't short in that department.

It is reasonable that she wouldn't trust someone with their track record, though. Twilight was the biggest naysayer at Discord's reformation, and that's because he had most of his personality intact. Princess Luna was corrupted, falling prey to either emotion, an outside force, or both, and Starlight saw the error of her ways.

If it's Trixie, as many have speculated, Twilight has a right not to trust her seeing as how her ego is still there and her ending was open-ended. It could be the same deal with the Flim-Flam brothers or any other potential candidate.

It's that the show maybe relying too much on Friendship on everything because it seems like friendship seems to solve everything, which it doesn't. You can't fix a championship loss or a losing battle with friendship. That's just silly.

I also think that we're not seeing enough of the minor characters in the show. Even though Octavia, Derpy, DJ PON-3 are well liked by the fans, they are rarely seen or mentioned at all. And the fact that most of the musical ponies don't even have songs is silly as well and it's already been 6 seasons. I also wish, they would do something with Fluttershy. What's her main purpose these days other than a few lines and scenes. She's almost non-existant.

• Brohoof 1

Too many Spike episodes... Let's be honest here, they usually suck. And the last one was only decent because of the new dragon characters.  :diamondtiara:

One of my biggest worries for the cartoon at the moment would be another Discord episode, both of his outings in series 5 were pretty mediocre, I'd far rather not see him again than see him in another episode that felt as forced and unnecessary as 'Make new friends but keep Discord' or 'What about Discord'.

We got two Starlight episodes so far and a two parter (no second prances, a hearth's warming tale and then the Premier) about her.

Don't forget that both the Season 5 two-parters were about her too.  If this were Pokémon, I'd say it was just an attempt to get people to keep watching, until they dump the plotline altogether (ie the GS Ball), but this show thus far has been pretty consistent with introducing things that have long-term consequences beyond their initial episodes.

Remember that this is the very show that first hinted at Twilight becoming a Princess in Return of Harmony back in Season 2, and it took two full seasons for this to be realized.  And that was far more subtle than this is.

No, they're planning something major.  I just hope they aren't going to replace anyone with her (what scares me is Hasbro has done that before).

One of my biggest worries for the cartoon at the moment would be another Discord episode, both of his outings in series 5 were pretty mediocre, I'd far rather not see him again than see him in another episode that felt as forced and unnecessary as 'Make new friends but keep Discord' or 'What about Discord'.

Unless it's in the show's equivalent to Countdown to Destruction.  I think that would probably be fine with most fans, if they decided to go that route with the plot (at the very least, we'd get some really good writing for a couple episodes).

Edited by SBaby

Don't forget that both the Season 5 two-parters were about her too.  If this were Pokémon, I'd say it was just an attempt to get people to keep watching, until they dump the plotline altogether (ie the GS Ball), but this show thus far has been pretty consistent with introducing things that have long-term consequences beyond their initial episodes.

Remember that this is the very show that first hinted at Twilight becoming a Princess in Return of Harmony back in Season 2, and it took two full seasons for this to be realized.  And that was far more subtle than this is.

No, they're planning something major.  I just hope they aren't going to replace anyone with her (what scares me is Hasbro has done that before).

Unless it's in the show's equivalent to Countdown to Destruction.  I think that would probably be fine with most fans, if they decided to go that route with the plot (at the very least, we'd get some really good writing for a couple episodes).

I wouldn't go with "replace", but I'm pretty sure they're going to shamelessly copy EVERYTHING from sunset into starlight to try and snag her fans due to sunset's success.

Which will most likely mean Her becoming an alicorn in the finale, IMO.

1131692__safe_sunset+shimmer_toy_wings_l