Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler What worries you about future episodes?

ggg-2

but this show thus far has been pretty consistent with introducing things that have long-term consequences beyond their initial episodes.

It is nice you forgot the whole story arc in Season 4 about the Sisters Old Castle and the journal that lead to nothing because Hasbro probably wanted the Golden Oaks Library gone.

It is nice you forgot the whole story arc in Season 4 about the Sisters Old Castle and the journal that lead to nothing because Hasbro probably wanted the Golden Oaks Library gone.

On the contrary, the old castle already DID have a long term effect on the plot of the show.  Actually, it had two.  Luna being in the show is the first long term consequence of the old castle being there (that's where Nightmare Moon made her last stand against Twilight and her friends, as well as being the presumed location of the Elements of Harmony).  The second is that the castle was the location of everything that was the initial backstory of the series and the very event that got Twilight to move to Ponyville (as shown in both the Season 1 and Season 4 premieres).  In other words, it indirectly helped set up the entire status quo of the show.  Not too shabby for an old run-down building that hasn't been renovated in centuries.

Edited by SBaby

Starlight Glimmer because apparently they couldn't bring Sunset into the series so we have to settle for the next best option and how the heck did she manage to stand up to Twilight in the S5 finale and how she's quickly forgiven for all she's done.

Also Flurry Heart, like how OP is this baby? And she scares me seeiously they should have kept the baby design the same but I think their either gonna go the Mary Sue route or the Diamond Tiara route and im not looking forward to that.

But we'll see...

• Brohoof 1

Hope "Newbie Dash" doesn't make RD too juvenile. Season 5's "Tanks for the Memories" felt like it took her vulnerability too far and I'm hoping that it feels a bit too weighty than that. I think she's one of the show's most interesting characters, and I'm super excited for her apparently making the Wonderbolts main team, so I'm really hoping that the episode goes smoothly. Been a while since the last really great RD episode. 

"Saddle Row & Rec," while just as interesting, does strike me as something that could rehash elements from earlier seasons. I hope that Rarity doesn't try to save face by distancing herself from her friends. 

"Flutter Brutter" is one of the less interesting synopses revealed so far, although it's great to see more family. Has the potential to be awkward. 

Prepared to not enjoy "Applejack's 'Day' Off." Not a fan of the Rarity/Applejack dynamic. 

I'm also hoping that Twilight and Starlight's character arcs are brought somewhere interesting, because I didn't think "No Second Prances" did much with them, and "A Hearth's Warming Tail" doesn't seem particularly exciting. Hope the writers know what they're doing. 

• Brohoof 1

Absolutely nothing worries me about future episodes. I've learned not to let all that wonder and speculation get to my head as it causes more problems than it is worth. I go into every new episode the exact same way: with pure optimism and delight since I know that I get a chance to unwind and relax with my favorite cartoon show of all time  :wub:

I like to think and live in the present moment. No point in fretting and worrying over something that will eventually happen right?

• Brohoof 2

I'm worried about what the episodes will be about. When reading the synopsis for the newest revealed episodes, I try to wonder how it might turn out. This makes me feel afraid that it might not be as good as the synopsis sounds.

• Brohoof 1

My worries? Giving new writers crucial episodes. Newbie Dash's second act was a disaster. I am not generalizing all of them since some have proven themselves able but the most recent episode made me even more concerned.  

I'm worried that they'll get rid of Spike in Gauntlet of Fire, and of course Newbie Dash has me worried too

I'm honestly not worried. I'm sure no matter what they do, I'll enjoy it.

Honestly one thing that worries me the most is the writers playing favorites and certain characters getting neglected or outright shafted. This is something that I'm admittedly worried about every season but it feels really notable this season, and is starting to make me question Josh Haber's role as the show runner. 

I mean, certain characters are feeling absent for long periods of time while other characters feel like they're there too much. Effort and work being put on some characters while others feel like they're being given the short end of the stick, with some acting in a way that doesn't sit well with people(Twilight in NSP for example)

And don't even get me started on the recent episode. A milestone episode of something that's been built up literally since the first episode, Rainbow Dash finally becoming a Wonderbolt. They should've known that people have been in long anticipation for six years, they should've put everything they had into the episode, it should've been a big episode that made everyone happy. Instead they gave it to a practically brand new writer and passed it off as if they said "let's just get this fucking over with". What should've been a strong, successful and feel-good episode just ended up being an episode possibly even more controversial than MMDW, with Rainbow Dash either embarrassing herself or feeling like garbage in an episode that should've been the happiest day of her life, and a new writer who will now have to deal with a ton of undeserved backlash because he was assigned an episode that should've never been given to him in the first place.

• 4 years later...

Character derailment, plain and simple. Making characters say and do stuff they never would, especially when new writers get involved, but I can see that's happened plenty in the last 3 seasons. 

So glad I called it a wrap with season 5. 

On 8/26/2020 at 1:30 PM, Splashee® said:

I worried a lot during Season 9, feeling it would waste a good story just to make another Season 1 episode...

Sadly that happened!

I saw fragments of season 9, with the exception of Sweet & Smoky (the only episode I enjoyed). The rest of it had me convinced that maybe it should've been 13 episodes after all. If they were going to take it that far, I mean. 

• Brohoof 2

17 minutes ago, Sasoriman said:

The rest of it had me convinced that maybe it should've been 13 episodes after all. If they were going to take it that far, I mean.

Yea

On 5/9/2016 at 8:50 AM, Megas said:

and is starting to make me question Josh Haber's role as the show runner

Ooooooh man this comment I made so long ago was a colossal understatement. The guy should have never been allowed anywhere near any sort of leadership role

• Brohoof 2

When I saw the S9 leaks, I had multiple concerns about how they'd utilize Sombra (one of my favorite villains, if not my favorite, back then).

...And after the S9 premiere, I was reminded of an old saying: "Is it paranoia if you're right?"

Edited by Even Evil Has Standards
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I was worried they would include some Equestria Girls stuff at some point, but they luckily didn't.
Or more shipping stuff. I liked most of the ones they did (Shining + Cadance, Lyra + Bon Bon, Cranky + Matilda, etc.) :coco:
I mean I started to watch FiM because I wanted something else, something that doesn't include humans or romance for once. Huge relief. :blush:

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Sven Glimmer said:

I was worried they would include some Equestria Girls stuff at some point, but they luckily didn't.
Or more shipping stuff. I liked most of the ones they did (Shining + Cadance, Lyra + Bon Bon, Cranky + Matilda, etc.) :coco:

Exactly. I’m so thankful that they were left out.

• Brohoof 1