Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S06:E04 - On Your Marks

Jeric

What did you think?  

145 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the episode?

• I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't care for it.
    • It was...meh.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT!!!!!

I thought it was good. Good to see the crusaders, but I never liked the idea of the CMC being apart and I knew the idea would be incorporated at some point. Luckily, they only meant doing various things apart. c: It looks like the CMC got taller and their voices got lower. I just worry about the new shippings...you know two characters can't be within three meters of each other without it obviously meaning they're in a relationship.

• Brohoof 2

Same. It's a good message overall, friends can't always be together, it's good to have things you enjoy yourself on your own. For me, it's a familiar experience, though for a long time it didn't go very well. I just ended up finding nothing much I wanted to do, and then all my "Friends" kept getting so busy, eventually I had nobody to spend time with, and I got left behind. This repeated itself a bunch of times, it feels awful to keep losing friends, and not have much to do, even when you're trying your best.

Nowadays I've got at least one good friend I know for sure won't do this, and he's not very busy. And I've made some other good friends too, I've picked up some hobbies. But sometimes when everyone get's really busy and I don't feel like doing much, I get pretty upset and a bit frustrated, it's a feeling I know way too well and makes me nervous every time.

This is not unusual or uncommon. I have a variation of it where I feel like I'm missing out when I'm not doing things with friends. It creates this weird depression in me that's almost like the grief of loss. Like life is slipping away. It's hard to explain. One of the things I took away from the episode was that it's great to do stuff with others but we can't be together all the time and we need to know it's not so bad to do things on our own. We've just got to balance our time and be okay with how we spend it. Maybe even make new friends to spend time with if we really want that...  :catface:

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Hi guys! I hope you all liked this episode! It was a lot of fun to board some of it as it was my very first MLP episode ever to board! If you guys have any questions - ones that do not require me to break my NDA - then have at it. I'll try to answer them as best as I can. In the meantime, I did answer a good amount of questions over at the 2nd Q&A thread, in case you're wondering: 

https://mlpforums.com/topic/150185-ward-jenkins-qa-20/

is there anything specific about this episode that was fun or strange or challenging to board?

edit: just noticed in the thread that you thought the song was a big challenge!

Edited by weesh

I thought it was good. Good to see the crusaders, but I never liked the idea of the CMC being apart and I knew the idea would be incorporated at some point. Luckily, they only meant doing various things apart. c: It looks like the CMC got taller and their voices got lower. I just worry about the new shippings...you know two characters can't be within three meters of each other without it obviously meaning they're in a relationship.

Wait a minute, the CMC got taller? Really?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Wait a minute, the CMC got taller? Really?

I'm not absolutely sure, but if you look close, it seems like they did. At least in one scene. Hold on, lemme try and find a screenshot and make a comparison. I might just be seeing things.

UPDATE: Nevermind, guess I was just seeing things. >.>

Edited by Eazyfries
  • Brohoof 1

A song in this episode has revealed today by Apple Bloom, and I say it's a good song played in D major and ends the song in a D note. Good Cutie Mark Crusaders episode for today, and at the near end of this episode, that colt pony after dancing with Apple Bloom is a cutie mark as a reward. :)

This episode was pretty good and a nice take for the aftermath of the CMC getting their marks. It was great seeing the CMC trying to help other ponies with their cutie mark problems and it was nice seeing old characters again like Bulk Biceps and Tree Hugger. I especially loved the scene with the art class and the ponies were drawing famous types of paintings. We also get our first song for the season and it was pretty good and touching song. It was interesting having the CMC trying different things they enjoyed by themselves after all this time trying things together as a group. I felt that it brought up a good development for their character arc for the season, where they can help other ponies individually and discover who they are. In doing so, the CMC will slowly discover what they truly enjoy and find their own special talent, besides helping other ponies discover their special talent. All in all, it was a pretty okay episode and I can't wait to see what happens next for the CMC for this season. :catface:  

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, we got a song.  And it was good to address the "what next?" issue for the Crusaders.  I was quite amused by the interaction with Big Macintosh, and seeing Tree-Hugger modelling was a hoot. 

I think the voice actor for Tender Taps was Travis Turner.

Edited by Foliha

I feel like this takes place immediately after Crusaders of the Lost Mark since they're still mooning over their marks despite having them for at least a few months by the end of Season 5

Not a bad episode; I liked R63!Scootaloo

• Brohoof 1

I feel like this takes place immediately after Crusaders of the Lost Mark since they're still mooning over their marks despite having them for at least a few months by the end of Season 5

Not a bad episode; I liked R63!Scootaloo

Yeah well, they should've just disband in the first place for Celestia's sake!

Why are you so adamant they disband? Why do you think they should?

Hey listen, The reason why I want them to disband because they got their marks, that's what! By stopped being friends and going their own separate ways!

Hey listen, The reason why I want them to disband because they got their marks, that's what! By stopped being friends and going their own separate ways!

Why should they stop being friends, and go their own separate ways, just because they got their marks? Why can't they keep being friends? I mean, if I had two great best friends like that, there's no way I'd want to throw them away just cause I've got a new goal now.

Not to mention, the marks they have tie them together, their talents are connected through the desire to help other ponies with cutie mark problems.

Why should they stop being friends, and go their own separate ways, just because they got their marks? Why can't they keep being friends? I mean, if I had two great best friends like that, there's no way I'd want to throw them away just cause I've got a new goal now.

Not to mention, the marks they have tie them together, their talents are connected through the desire to help other ponies with cutie mark problems.

You're wrong! Like I said about million times: A cutie mark does change anypony at all! Do you got that?

Figuring out what to do in life after you've reached your goal is a really powerful topic.

- I really sympathize with Applebloom here, being bored, lonely and depressed with nothing to do while your friends are having the time of their lives is something I can relate to all too well.

- We finally get the first song of Season 6 and it's definitely a touching one, I Don't think we've started with a sad song before.

- Incoming shipfics for Applebloom and Tender Taps.

- I like the lesson here. Even the best of friends don't need to do EVERYTHING together. Plus, splitting up from time to time will help them find more ponies to help!

So, that was the first CMC episode after they obtained thier marks. I rather enjoyed this one, Honestly, this may have been my favorite episode of S6 so far.

P.S. This was the first ever episode without any of the Mane six.

P.P.S. Zecora's hut looked GORGEOUS in this ep.

You're wrong! Like I said about million times: A cutie mark does change anypony at all! Do you got that?

I've never gotten the feeling a mark changes who you are, it's an extension of yourself. You don't get the mark when you change, you get it when you discover who you want to be, or what you want to do. Your "Destiny".

Even if it did change, there's more ways to change than just one. Why would them "Changing" necessarily require them to break apart? The fact they got their marks together, as a symbol of their teamwork and friendship, more than anything, I'd think they'd grow closer.

I've never gotten the feeling a mark changes who you are, it's an extension of yourself. You don't get the mark when you change, you get it when you discover who you want to be, or what you want to do. Your "Destiny".

Even if it did change, there's more ways to change than just one. Why would them "Changing" necessarily require them to break apart? The fact they got their marks together, as a symbol of their teamwork and friendship, more than anything, I'd think they'd grow closer.

Oh yes it does affect anyone!

Oh yes it does affect anyone!

Evidence? The best example I can think of is Troubleshoes. He seemed to be doomed to bad luck, but even then his personality didn't actually change. Starlight stealing the ponies cutie marks? They were magically taken away, not to mention all those ponies were then brainwashed afterwards.

• Brohoof 1

Listen bro, drop it. They aren't getting disbanded. There is no reason why they should. It wouldn't even make sense. I don't know what your beef against the cmc is but you need to chill out. 

Figuring out what to do in life after you've reached your goal is a really powerful topic.

it also goes very well with the premier.  Both Starlight and Sunburst were trying to figure that out as well.

*yawn*

april first was 8 days ago.