Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S06:E04 - On Your Marks

Jeric

What did you think?  

145 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the episode?

• I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't care for it.
    • It was...meh.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT!!!!!

I'd put this on par with the season premiere, as it did raise that "what's next" question and handled it predictably, which is preferable to blowing it any day. Any episode that can put any possibilities of the show bombing a character arc to rest has pretty much done its job. This one did so by easing the Crusaders into their new role and did showcase Apple Bloom's tendencies to blow her fears out of proportion.

Like the last episode did good with the timing, storyboarding, and character animation, this one did pretty good on character animation and sound design on the dancing scenes. I just can't get over Sweetie Belle's square-dancing getup.

The only thing is, could they have come up with a better color scheme for Tender Taps than a slightly palette-shifted variant of Scootaloo?

• Brohoof 3

Yes, the CMC have NEVER done anything unrelated to their cutie marks in previous seasons. ......Seriously, guys? Annoying continuity errors AGAIN?

When excactly they have done something together that was completely unrelated cutie marks?

Totally awesome CMC episode! This had some amazing development in this episode. Just goes to show that the CMC still have a ton to learn. The arc still continues no matter what. Applebloom's song was very beautiful. Imma certainly work on an arrangement for it. Also, a new duo has been formed, and they just had to put a little psycho Applebloom in here...overall great episode! Can't wait for next week!

Being neutral to CMC episodes... I still think Applebloom is cutest of the three, and it was good to see them in Season 6 the episode was OK but nothing more to me, I was expecting Applebloom would help the pony without a cutie mark. Waiting for an animated gif of Scootaloo chasing her tail in circle again to pop up at some time.

• Brohoof 1

*Sees Tender twirl around a lamppost and backflip off a wall* ......Holy bucking crap, did they just reference "Singin' In The Rain" on us? ......AWESOME, my favorite musical! :D

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

When excactly they have done something together that was completely unrelated cutie marks?

They made a love potion in Hearts and Hooves Day.

Edited by Wink Link
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

This episode was more like:

Apple Bloom breaking down in a dark club house, giving us the first maniac filly scene ever?

Also: Sweetie Belle tries to teach Apple Bloom and Scootaloo how to sing... The next few scenes, Apple Bloom breaks into a song more musically talented than any song in MLP ever before, basically. Logic.

Over all, I really liked this episode. They brought up plenty of cutie mark problems and sort of swept us off our feet by bringing up and solving SO many problems in just one episode.

Bulk talked, Big Mac talked, Tree Hugger made a re-appearence(which I couldn't be more happy about, you should have seen me freak out when she came on screen). And they handled the episode quite well.

CUTE NEW FILLY, too. Tender Tapps??? So precious.

Anyway, yeah, please give me several adorable gifs of Scootaloo chasing her tail.

Edited by Collibri
  • Brohoof 3

Tree Hugger made a re-appearence(which I couldn't be more happy about, you should have seen me freak out when she came on screen)

I KNOW RIGHT! I totally want an episode where Zecora, Maud, Fluttershy, and Tree Hugger hang out, they could have like a poetry reading or something :wub: 

• Brohoof 1

I KNOW RIGHT! I totally want an episode where Zecora, Maud, Fluttershy, and Tree Hugger hang out, they could have like a poetry reading or something :wub:

YAAAA, that would have been so wonderful to see, it sounds so cosy.  :pinkie: Zecora and Tree Hugger both made an appearance in this episode, actually! Amaze! 

• Brohoof 1

I loved this episode a song for applebloom which was awsome I loved that song. And the message the episode portrayed was a good one overall a great episode as always

(edited)

I'm sorry I got carried away. The CMC will stay together as friends because of their bond. I was wrong all the way.

Edited by MAIKUN

YAAAA, that would have been so wonderful to see, it sounds so cosy.  :pinkie: Zecora and Tree Hugger both made an appearance in this episode, actually! Amaze! 

Maud and Tree Hugger just look like they would get along.

Maud:

"Rock.

You are a rock.

Gray

You are gray 

like a rock

Which you are,

rock"

Treehugger: "That, like,  spoke to my spiritual essence. I'm really digging your vibe." 

• Brohoof 6

Howdy All!

Another excellent episode today.

The CMCs struggles in their next step after getting their cutie marks.

Michelle Creber (Applebloom) Claire Corlett (Sweetie Belle) & Maddy Peters (Scootoloo) did pretty good job.

A new song in episode as well and Michelle was fantastic.

Poor Applebloom.

With Daniel Ingram and Josh Haber, & (David Polsky (Who wrote todays episode) wrote the song as well.

Fun to hear Mr. YEAAAH! Himself Bulk Biceps (Michael Dobson)  in todays episode.

Liked the cameo of Tree Hugger (Bummer Nicole Oliver didn't voiced her in the episode)

Tabitha St.Germain adds another voice to her colelction in Hoofer Steps the instructor.

Travis Turner as Tender Taps is excellent.

Kinda reminds me of a young Fluttershy.

Applebloom got out of her moping and helped Tender Taps out of his stage fright with help of her fellow Crusaders.

Cant wait for next episode.

• Brohoof 3

I used to have the Michael Scoot "No God No" reaction to CMC spotlights, but no longer.  I've been really excited to see how they were going to utilize their talent next, and they didn't disappoint.  This was a very good, solid episode.  Not a crowning masterpiece, but very good and solid.  Enjoyed it.

I love the message here of being able to do things on one's own, but it doesn't mean that your friendships are over, or that you can't spend time together anymore.  This is something that people face throughout their lives, especially as we grow up and life changes dramatically.  Friendships can change, the way we spend time with friends changes, but that doesn't mean friendships have to end.  This is a very important message, and one of the more relatable and poignant ones on the show, I reckon.  I'm also really glad that the writers learned from their misstep with Babs, and didn't have the CMC say something like, "What are we gonna do now that we're not the CMC anymore?!"  I'm really glad that they said they would always be the CMC.  After all, there's no reason they can't still be the CMC.  Their goals have changed, but that doesn't mean they're not the CMC anymore.  In fact, given their talent, the title of CMC fits perfectly, perhaps even better than before, but just in a different way.

I'm not a fan of Treehugger, but I loved seeing her model in the art class.  That was pretty hot.

I do hope that they include Diamond again at some point.  She doesn't have to be a main character; there isn't enough time for everypony.  But it would certainly be nice if she did something with the CMC again.

Quite decent song.  Good lyrics.  Not a fan of AB as a singer.

It's ironic that perhaps Rarity's best line of the entire show was in fact not spoken by her on camera at all.  "Crocheting is knitting's poorer cousin."  (I think that was it.  Or maybe it was sister.  I've already forgotten.  Either way.)  Genius.

Only 8 pages since the episode aired?

Is the fanbase shrinking?

I've always noticed that the CMC spotlights (save Crusaders of the Lost Mark) tend to be a little slow in the Show Discussion forum.  Episodes like this don't spark that much conversation.  Hakuna matata, mate.

• Brohoof 2