Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health In what ways have you accidentally injured yourself?

AzureNightLight

The title is pretty explanatory. I was just wondering what all of your accidental injuries are. I'm betting that none of yours can top how retardedly I received mine.

It was my turn while my friends and I were playing pool. I had to hit a ball that was on the other side of the table, so I raised the the cue stick and put full force into it. My aim was true and the ball was pocketed. I also managed to PUNCH the pool table at full force. THAT has got to be one of the stupidest ways I had gotten an injury.

Baseline, I received a cut, about a centimetre, in length, just because I sucker punched a pool table.  :unamused:

• Brohoof 2

Over the course of my life, I have been a safety hazard. Here's what I've managed to do to myself so far:

I fell off a counter as a toddler and landed on my head.

I dropped a knife on my foot while washing dishes.

I grabbed the blade of a katana.

I have hit myself in many places many times while trying to teach myself parkour as a youth.

I have crashed into both mobile and stationary objects while riding my bicycle.

I electrocuted myself trying to retrieve a piece of toast with a fork.

I slammed a locked car door shut on my fingers.

I crashed a go-kart without any protective gear.

I crashed a dirt bike without any protective gear.

I hooked myself many times while fishing.

I shot myself in the bare chest with a paintball gun.

There's definitely more that I can't remember right now. But I know that what all this has taught me is that I do not like pain.

• Brohoof 2

Many years ago, my Dad owned this piece of junk 80s GMC Sierra, you had to slam the doors pretty damn hard for them to latch, he got frustrated and slammed it with enough force that it shattered the window on the track.

Now, since these doors had no handles on the inside, I gripped the top of the door and slammed it really hard like I usually have to. Well, a piece of glass from the rolled up track jolted and literally tore a chunk of flesh off one of my fingers.

When I was a kid, we had to create maraca-like items for a Design/Tech class. One of the things we had to use to create these was nails. But since the item was so loose and fragile, some of the nails come off, and as a result, I stepped on one of the nails barefoot a few weeks later. Thankfully it wasn't too deep of a cut, but it is something I hope never happens again.

I fell quite a distance on my head as a child. Yeah, laugh all you want. I was literally dropped on my head as a child. =(

Also during my childhood I somehow broke my middle finger with a wooden block (not the toy wooden blocks).

And just within the range of the last 4 or so months?

I got glass in one finger, and managed to transfer it to my thumb as well. This was all amazing during the time where I increased my practicing of my oboe, and I did not let it stop me, even though I had a band-aid on and that made playing..different. I'm proud of myself. =P

I cut my leg fairly bad at work. Totally ruined one of my favorite pairs of pants! T.T

Just a couple of weeks after that, I stubbed my toe really bad before going into work one night. I know it's something that happens to everyone, but it was worse than I had ever done it before and I thought I was going to have to go to the doctor. =/

I was in the shower when I accidentally cut my ankle with a razor. I managed to cut all the way to the tendon and the whole thing was just a big and painful mess. 

Once; while i was doing " Insanity Max:30 Workout " i have injured my right ACL ( Anterior Cruciate Ligament ) depending on the strain :twi: '''

Cutting my finger un

I was chopping vegetables and for some reason or another I wasn't paying attention and sliced into my thumb. Luckily I didn't need stitches..this time :P

Cutting my finger dus

I was cutting up cardboard (ya think I woulda learned) and while trying to do a particularly hard slice, I pulled down right onto my pointer finger on my left hand. Sliced it right through. I needed quite a bit more than stitches. Said I woulda lost it. 

When I was 7, I tripped and cut my palm on a bulging electric socket and got a mild shock. Nothin too bad. 

I was trying to clean gutters and fell off the ladder when I saw something move on the roof. Coulda broken my back or something but I just ended up with a little fracture. 

I'm deathly allergic to carrots. Like, its GG if I have one. Keeping that in miind, you think I'd be careful. I am, these days, but when I was younger, I didn't pay attention (or pick apart the school lunches) to see if there were carrots in them. Got quite sick some times and had to spend a fuckton of time out of school vomiting and feeling my organs try to not die. 

Ooooo... I accidentally hurt myself all the time. Heck, the other day I accidentally poked myself in my eye.

My biggest ones would be from my many bike crashes. I used to race bikes, so I have crashed a lot. I've ended up in the hospital a few times and I have several scars from bike crashes.

One time, I was riding at night and I hit a pot hole. I wasn't holding on tight enough and my hands slipped and I slammed my neck against the stem of my bike. On top of that, I was going pretty fast so I got some pretty nasty road rash too.

I've crashed many other times, but that's my favorite one.

• Brohoof 2

- I broke my pinky toe one time rushing for the phone and it was a telemarketer in the end. My toe is still a little disjoint from that event.

- I've accidentally slammed my head against the ducts in the basement.

- Many, many minor burns during the McDonalds days from the grill and the vats. It's easy done when youre in a hurry.

And to be honest... that's probably all the majorish injuries. Other than the odd fall as I have two left feet.

A few of my more significant self-inflicted injuries:

Fell down some steps as a toddler; had to get stitches in my forehead.

Fell off the monkey bars when I was maybe eight; had to have my broken wrist reset and surrounded in a cast.

Tried to force open a window with a broom when I was around eleven; window exploded and deposited a tall shard of glass right on top of my thumb.  There was a good deal of blood, and the injury, unsurprisingly, required stitches.

Couldn't get a good picture of the scar; I assure you it's ordinarily quite visible (as are the spots where the stitches went in).

post-26550-0-70757500-1459906825_thumb.jpg

Oh boy, here we go. So far the worst ones involve me...

- Falling down the stairs 2-3 times (the whole flight every time)

- Falling out of a tree and broke my wrist

- Crashing my bike too many times to count, all resulting in scrapes and bruises

- Almost cutting my big toe in half on a mirror's edge

- Falling off a cheap razor scooter going ~15 miles an hour resulting in rocks being embedded into my knees + elbows

- Tearing a 2.5 inch gash in my leg on a chain link fence

- Getting hit in the forehead with a tent stake leaving a little scar there

- Cutting my finger on a soup can lid and it kept bleeding for about an hour

- Having a swing come off the swingset with me in it, luckily only a couple of bruises from that

- Getting attacked by an evil little dog that scratched the hell out of me

When I was a wee child, my brother and I loved to play in my uncle's garage. In there sits a fully drag-out MK4 Supra that my uncle used competitively. Now one day, he had the car lifted and the front wheels were of the ground, so my brother and I tooked the liberty of spinning the wheels for fun. I put my finger into the spoke of the rim and spin that sucker all around! It wasn't until the brake caliper and the spoke of the rim meet my little fingers and create a nastly gash on my middle and ring finger. That was sooo painful, but hey it's a Sup' so it's was kind of neat at the same time! I'll never forget that moment.

I was once on a treehouse with my friends years ago. It was pretty shoddy but otherwise looks safe so we got in and BAM! the thing collapsed. Next thing I know, I've sprained my ankle and technically it was the treehouse's fault!

I'm a walking disaster. I've fallen more times than I can count, and stumble daily. Often I'll wake up in the morning to find a new bruise/cut on me that emerged from the void - I won't remember hurting myself, but it will be there.

When I was a little kid, I once broke the toes of either one of my feet (don't remember which one) when I was playing with my grandfather's dog. I was turning around a lot, that my toes got twisted up and broke :T 

I smacked my head against the corner of a bookcase bending down to pick up something on the floor. It was a bloody nuisance... 

I have two ways to top yours, and they're almost on purpose. c:

I was three and I was trusted with a knife. Huge mistake - finger needed reattachment. Nowadays, you can't see any scar. I apparently got invisible stitches....or dissolving stitches...somethin' like that.

Also, later in life (but not too much later, I was probably like...five?) I was at a playground and I was on this big ladder that led up to some kind of tree house (minus the tree) watchtower for kids to sit in. I don't remember how big it was exactly, but it was big enough to make me nervous. I got to the top, and I remember letting go and twisting my ankle. (Kinda lucky, I think, but then again I don't know how big the tower was. I don't think it was too big.) I think I let go because I was too scared of heights, which is apparently a real thing that someone else has confessed that they would do if they were on a giant building. I'm still not sure that's the exact reason I let go, but it's either that or I just wasn't afraid and thought I could come out unharmed. Perhaps it's where my fear of heights comes from?

I was once trying to cut a watermelon with a butter knife because the regular ones were all dirty and sliced open my finger. Yes with a butter knife.

I was once trying to cut some tape and couldn't find scissors, so I decided to use a razor... sliced my thumb open something horrible.

Once I was frying bologna and somehow splattered my entire right arm with grease, leaving it burned pretty badly for a while; the hand was practically unusable.

As a kid I was playing a game with my brother, I was the bad guy, and he slammed a door running from me. Unfortunately for me, he slammed it on my pointer finger and broke it.

I once tried to walk on a numb foot and fell flat on my face, severely messing up the ankle for months as my foot was literally parallel to my leg for a moment.

I have a scar on my wrist from where a rusty staple in the bottom of a chair arm tore out a chunk of flesh when I accidentally wedged said wrist underneath it between another chair arm.

I was walking one day about half a year ago and my knee started hurting. It never stopped fully. I now have to wear a brace when I might exert it much.

As a kid I, reaching for the string hanging from the light to turn it on, fell from the top of a bunk bed and was taken to the hospital.

That's just a sampling of the shenanigans I've gotten into over the years.

Oh-ho! Where to begin.

I got shocked twice, once when i was a toddler, and stupid enough to stick my finger into an electric outlet, and once when i was 9, when tried to pick up a severed electric cord.

I got singed more times then i care to remember.

Chipped a small edge of one tooth when i slammed into a closed door.

Took a shot to the head from a telephone post i walked into without looking. Even kept walking while i was bleeding profusely (It didn't quite hurt, i only noticed when my warm blood ran on my face).