Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health In what ways have you accidentally injured yourself?

AzureNightLight

• 8 months later...

Okay.

The first thing you should know is that I am EXTREMELY clumsy. This is an important factor in this story.

Okay, so this happened back in my senior year of high school, so not too long ago. 

I was in book club, and me and the other members were very exited because we were about to go to a book festival. The buses were like, a few hours late. So when they finally shop, I got carried away and started running. I tripped and fell down, scraping both of me knees up really bad. Like, the fall even made my leggings tear up.

My left knee was scraped ENTIRLEY, and was bleeding like crazy. My right leg was bleeding almost as much, and I had to use a wet paper towel to clean the wound since we were still at school and nobody had any band-aids.

It actually physically hurt to walk, but I just got up and delt with it for most of the time we were at the festival until I just couldn't deal anymore and took a break. I asked my best friend to go get one of those giant Band-Aids that covers the entire knee, and she complied and came back many minutes later since she was having a hard time finding the information desk.

My best friend drived me home after the festival was over, though we did stop by CVS on our way back so I could by some disinfectant since my wounds were so huge and I wanted to be safe. It hurt to take a shower too, and I just kinda had to deal with it until the wound closed up. 

I'm quite an accident-prone person, so that's a very long list. And this is just the stuff I can think of off the top of my head.

I've nicked my hands countless times with knives (mostly as a kid), fell over and scraped the hell out of my shin, fell on a table and scarred my right ear, hit a pillar on my bicycle and scraped up my knee and hand, got my thumbnail punctured by an electric bicycle chain, scarred two fingers by burning them on a lamp, lost a chunk of my left middle finger to a table saw, scarred my right leg with hot glue from a 100W glue gun, dropped things on my feet, smashed my fingers in stuff, and one time I impaled my hand on a saxophone needle spring so hard I felt it hit bone.

Aside from the usual scrapes and bruises, I sprained my ankle while doing backyard wrestling several years ago. Turns out trying to imitate what professional athletes do with 0 training wasn't the greatest idea.

Also broke my nose after passing out while sitting up. I was in immense pain from a long standing medical condition and couldn't sleep. After taking a painkiller and relaxing, I watched TV until I passed out. Somehow I fell over in my sleep, off the couch, face down. Didn't feel a thing. Woke up confused, face down on the ground and it took awhile before I realised by nose is facing a weird angle and there's blood coming out of it.

Happy ending, kind of, said injuries are gone and the medical condition is currently under control for now 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
(edited)

I do not like pain my bois, yet honestly not often at all I have like three I remember one was falling onto an anvil gave me a scar above my eye. Second would be when I cut my arm on a window, which I didn't feel much. Third is something I can not say OwO yet yeah those are pretty much all. Once sprained my ankle too yet if I told you how you'd laugh yes.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

Went to cut something with a full knife, knife slipped and sliced the hell outta my hand.

I also squeezed a glass too hard once when I was nervous and the glass broke and sent shards of a glass cutting into my hand. Lol that was right in front of family as well I think they thought I was an idiot. :ButtercupLaugh:

Funny story time !

Once I had a hole in my left slipper and the lower side of the slipper got stuck in the carpet so I automatically flew across the room and did a faceplant and I also land on my wrist, boom, instant strain of the wrist, the left one thank god

So yeah...because of a hole in my slipper :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 

i went to open a vodka cruiser and the cap sliced my hand

ever since then i use bottle openers to open cruisers

:P Happens too often. 

I get knife cuts pretty regularly despite being carful with them. I'm getting less of those though so that is nice. There is this on time when my finger keeps on getting cut (be it scissors, knives or just somehow cut) and it grew from ouchish, to really annoying.

There are the occurences of me getting burned. Generally not bad, but there are times when the oil is kinda very hot. 

There are times when I kick something kinda hard and my foot bleeds. That is very irritating. 

And then there are the less injuring but more often happenings of me running into things, hitting things to hard, and the likes.

(edited)

I fractured my pinkie toe once getting out of bed.  My pinkie toe and the one beside it wedged between the bed rail, and I fell. 

Worst part for me was hearing my toe crack.   It hurt though.  And turned black and blue for a bit. 

That pinkie toe has looked a bit different ever since. 

Edited by AppleButt
  • Brohoof 2

One time I was playing a sport with my friends called “walley ball” it’s just volley ball but in like a racket ball court. So you can use the walls as a strategy. SUPER FUN- but anyways I went way too hard one time and landed wrong when I jumped in the air. And I really messed up my leg. it was so painful I couldn’t stand up. I never really figured out what happened but it went a way. Sometimes it still hurts lol

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
  • Fell off my bike and chipped my two front teeth
  • Slipped on a muddy slope and bruised my tailbone (did you know that was a thing you could bruise? I didn't!)

Considering how many people I know that broke a limb at some point, I seem to have gotten awfully lucky.

2 hours ago, HeavenSunset said:

Once when i was a small kid, I stuck my hand into a blender

Reveal hidden contents

Don't ask

Aaaaaa:BornAgainBrony:

• 5 weeks later...

When I was a kid me and my friends were jumping from a garage on snow. Everything was ok, snowbank was soft and high enough and the distance between garage's roof and show was ~1 meter. Everyone jumped successfully but me. I landed on something hard and twisted my ankle, so I had been limping for about a year after this

• Brohoof 1

I’m not sure if I would consider this an accident but here I go...

I was working my first, official job as a veterinary technician at a veterinary clinic/rescue. I had stay later than usual to give the dogs and cats housed there their respective medications. I had done this many, many times before. When I was packing my stuff up to go home, I noticed a cat in its kennel. The cat had knocked over its water bowl and soaked its whole cage. I wanted to clean the cat’s kennel so I went to scruff the cat to remove it. The cat began to thrash violently trying to get away and managed to claw at my arm and bite down on my thumb, the canine going through and through. I immediately dropped the cat and it ran underneath a table. I went straight to the sink to wash the wound with soap and water and I realize how bad it really was. A co-worker came to my aid and drove me to a nearby immediate care.

My mom eventually showed up, as I had called her soon after the initial incident. I had to get my arm cleaned and bandaged while I had to get stitches in my thumb to close the wound. The anesthetic injection to numb that area hurt so bad. I almost screamed it hurt so bad. I’ve had anesthetic injections before and they never get easier for me to handle. I walked out of the clinic stitched/bandaged up. I had to take 1 week off of work. I also filed for workman’s compensation. When I did, my hours were cut back tremendously. They couldn’t fire me because that would have been illegal so they’re method of ridding of me was slowly pushing me away with decreased hours. It didn’t take me long to resign. I didn’t even give a 2 week notice. I left a letter on my manager’s desk basically saying goodbye.

This happened 2 years ago(?) Everything healed up nicely. 

Before:

D2B7FE10-26ED-4DCA-B7B7-B20EB885BE8C.jpeg

After:

5248F8E0-1EE1-4F63-A1AF-0FF6BD29CA54.jpeg

• 1 month later...

The one that immediately comes to mind is when I decided jumping a very high chainlink fence would be a GREAT idea, for some reason. My leg got caught and I faceplanted into the concrete, barely missing getting a broken nose; my Pepsi did explode though, so I was covered in both bruises and Pepsi...

• 2 years later...