Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

drama the Changelings wars: The Museum of human conflict

swordsman

(edited)

It was called world war III officially but it was goes by many other names to like "The Dark Years,"  the apocalypse”, “ the changing  wars” as well as  many other monikers but, when someone said “the war” all know what it’s means.   It was a war that almost caused the extinction of all life on earth, left behind a deeply scar and devastated planted earth, and for all those that fought in it has the power to conjure up memories, emotions and stories, and it’s all of that, which I was sent to record.

The   Museum of human conflict is going the be a  museum which will contained dioramas depicting battles of WW III, the recorded interviews of  soldiers and  other who lived the war, war artifacts including weaponry  used in the war and  personal effects from those who were there. I was asked by the United Earth Sphere Alliance high command to make a record of the greatest conflict in earth’s history for the museum of the humanity and I was told to talk to everyone I could find, from children to highest general and it’s through these interviews that two name kept coming up, bad company and the call sign pigeon.  It’s seems this unit and its CO were at just about every major battle of World War III. Who is this person and how did this unit become the most controversial force in military history?

United Earth Sphere Alliance research base Nybyen, Svalbard archipelago Norway 2034
          {When I got off the helicopter, I was met by an attractive middle aged African American female changing and she would take me to the man I seek.  As we walk, I found out this woman is both the commanding officers mother and principal NCO assistant.  This was a surprise to me because she looks only thirty-five and she doesn’t have the bruised, weathered, scarred and used look like most veterans of the war. We find Brigadier General Malik Maaka grooming a black dragon that is missing one eye and one wing.  His real age is forty seven but with his snow white hair and thick glasses he looks older}

The first year of the war I spent being studied and experiment on in the Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Kaiserslautern, Germany. It sounds pretty bad but it wasn’t, I played video games most of the day and I was never harmed.  I only thing I did not like about that place were the doctors watching me twenty-four hours a day, I was like “can’t I take a bath without ten people watching me?”  Anyway, we learned that like all changelings I gained the skills and memories of other people through blood ingestion.  The bat whose heart was in my chest had fed upon a US marine CH-53E Super Stallion pilot and so I had four thousand hours of flight time experience and all the skill of a combat Naval Aviator.  As more of his personality started to come in I wanted to get back in the action and after some debate I was sent back to the academy to become a transport pilot.  After graduation, I was a second lieutenant in the US air force flying a T- tailer or a C-5 Galaxy with the call sign pigeon. 

{How long did you do that and what else did you do? }

Let’s see, for about two years I took part in the United States Strategic airlift moving civilians to the safe zones in Mexico and South America and then I became a tactical combat airlifter flying the C-130 Hercules or the HERK as we pilots call it. Did a lots of operations in Europe and Africa and took part in Great European tactical retreat and my plane was the last one to leave the UK before it fell to the enemy, My crew got some medals because we save some VIPs and civilians under very heavy AA fire.  After that they need all the combat pilots they could get and so they had me flying an AC-130H Spectre and I did that for about a year. I got shot down and got some more medals for holding off the enemy for two days at the crash site and taking care of my wounded aircrew.  When I was recovering I was given a promotion to captain and asked if I wanted to fly an white Tiger Striped  F-4X Phantom II they had found in storage.  I was told it was an advanced F-4E Phantom II that can fly at Mach 3 speeds, it’s very maneuverable aircraft and it has an upgrade that allows it to compete with most top-tier fighters like the F15C. I did, and I was reassigned to Multi-National 99nd Tactical Fighter Squadron. I did ten combat sorties before I was in the battle of the Suez Canal AKA the battle of the round table. We had only sixty five aircraft against their one hundred ten with aircraft and pilots from the Luftwaffe, French, and RAF air forces and they had like a thousand bats backing them up. I saw them drop the thermobaric weapon called the “God of all bombs” on Port Said destroying it and damming the Suez Canal.  Only twenty two aircraft made it out of that battle and we lost most of our ground forces.  After that the enemy owned the skies and WWIII became a ground war and I was asked by general king Sombra to make a new special force unit of humans and non-humans.  It ended up being called Bad Company because of the people in it.

{Are the stories about Bad Company and Field Marshal King Sombra true?}

If you’re asking if the kill ratio of 300 to 1 is true then yes, if you’re asking did Field Marshal King Sombra, Bad Company or myself committed war crime…we were fighting for our species survival!  Everyone thought at that time we were going to lose and it would be the end of everything. When I was given the job of not only making this unit but also being its CO I was given free rein to do as a like as long as I would win and the only people I have to answer to are my command and chief, General King Sombra, and my men.  Ask my men or anyone I fought against if that stuff is true!

{I realize I have stoked a nerve and for a moment I see that predatory animal I had heard about as his eye flash a bright gold. I apologize and ask him about the history of Bad Company}

I had been on the frontlines and I saw how our “allied force” had been acting. The changelings and earth ponies are natural enemies and did not work well with anyone that was not like them. The unicorn’s did not like taking orders and always did what they liked. The humans distrusted the monsters and then there were other problems like ancient feuds, sexism, racism and all kind of dumb things.  It’s why they asked me to make integrated military force.

{Because you’re a human/changing bat hybrid?}
Yeah. I mean I was not the first person they asked but, I am well liked by everyone I served with and respected by non-humans.

{How you build this new integrated?}

Well first off I wanted military prisoners and any other convicts they could find, the worst offenders the better.  I wanted these kinds of people because they had nothing to lose and much to gain.  I then hand-picked squads of changelings  ,  earth ponies and unicorn’s  to make up my core fighting force and also got Karin Maaka because I liked her and I need a medic.  Last I got a US Marine rifle platoon because US Marines are the best soldiers ever to set foot onto the battlefield and I need people that would follow my orders.   When I had all my people together I told them “I only have one rule. Everyone fights and if you don’t I will kill you myself. You will live, eat, pray, worked, and played together as one family. I don’t care who you are, what you did, or what your deal is because this is a war of survival .If any of you convicts mess up here I will let the changelings eat because I don’t do second chances. Remember this saying Ohana means family, Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten!”  From there the training was easy because some of the convicts had been Special Forces or terrorist so we used a little of everything that everyone had learned for training. A few of the cons I had to public execute and there was some other problems but the first battle we were in our odd training proved  itself, we lost no one.  We were always successful because I made sure we always got missions at the forward edge of the battle area so we had to count on each other or die. Shared adversity builds friendship.

{Tell me about the battles that happen here?  His eyes get a faraway look and he starts petting the dragon on the head like a cat}

It was hell on earth.  The Grimsvotn volcano in Iceland had erupted covering the top half of the world in a thick ash cloud and it was winter here in Svalbard with heavy snow. High command had told us that they calculate ninety five percent casualties at least from this battle and that we had to take this base intact with the scientists and engineers alive, this base was like Area 51.  Intel was the hold archipelago area heavily mined and they had ever kind of defenses you could think of and somehow they had released millions of zombies all over the area.   It was the largest amphibious assault since WWII and we had five aircraft carriers battle groups, two deep space carriers from the space fleet,   twenty-five amphibious warfare ships and all kinds of submarines and other types of ships from eight different navies.  We had so many aircraft of all kinds that the plan was to use the deep space carriers to open a hyperspace window to collect them from their bases from all over the world and we would all meet up in hyper space and attack all at once.   They needed all pilots so I would be flying my F-4E Phantom II in a Close Air Support and my old wing man goat was flying an A-10 warthog.

{He stops talking just before a large explosion rocks the base. I jump thinking were under attack but he tells me there just demining the area}

Anyways, the fighter drones came out of hyperspace first to clear the skies out somewhat of enemy aircraft, bats, and also anti-aircraft defenses and also try to clear the beach out some for ground forces.  Then the fighter jets were next   to keep the enemy fighters   off of everyone else and then us strike air and support aircraft were next.  When I came out of hyperspace over the battle field it was like walking into hell   I mean everything in the world seem to be shooting at us and the radio was alive with people calling out for help or ships being hit/sunk.  So, we did our jobs and dropped incendiary bomb over the beaches clearing it out for our boys on the ground and after reloading at the deep space carrier we did Close Air Support for the landing force.  The battle was going good and I was both doing CAS and giving order when I got hit by AAA.

{What did you do?}
Well it was not too bad, but I had lost 80% of my fuel.  I did a crash landing  in a snow  drift near  where I  hoped our people were and  pulled out my  sig 226 in one hand and my gurkha kukri and started killing all the zombie that were in my way. I was half way to a  group of  marines and  just about out of ammo when  my blade  got  stuck in a zombie head and  I was getting surround by the undead when , of all things I see this Japanese pilot skillful cutting his way to me with a   katana .

{Did you know this person and how did he find you?}

Yeah I did know who it was when I saw that Damascus Tanto in his belt, it was my old friend   Sōshi.  After we clear the rest of zombies, he told me the V-22 Osprey he was on was dropping off troops when they took a RPG and clashed.  He was the only one that made it and he was trying to get the frontlines and meet up with friendly when he hear over the radio the  General’s  jets was hit and was making a clash landing and any troops in the area should try to reach him. 

{So what did you do then?}

Well, he handed me the Damascus Tanto (he is better with a sword then I am) and all the 9mm he had and we unleashed death on any zombies we ran into.  I know it sounds strange, but even in the middle of that hell with dead and living trying to kill us we both were smiling.   We felt great! Empower somehow. We seem invincible and it was like the old days us against the world fight side by side.   When the US Marine Corps Force Reconnaissance that was set to find me did, we both were covered in blood and gore and laughing like school girls.  Together we had killed over 200 zombies with just our blades.

{And what happen then?}

We both got into the Merkava tank then had sent for me and we rode it to the main battle.  It took us three hours to get inside and lock it down and a week make it clear of all enemy forces/traps.  After we took this base we raised our flag and as it was going up someone play this Russian singer singing the Russian anthem and it was so beautiful most of us including me, started crying.  I think some of us were crying because they were happy it was over, some cause of all those we lost and some well…  I guess they had been holding it all in and it came out.   After we all got it all out we had a huge party and then we got back to work.

{What can you tell me about king sombra}

Well I know he did some bad stuff in the past and he did enslave his people but you know his was not evil.  He was my best friend and I can say this I loved him like my family.   Everything I learned about being a leader, being a good husband and officers I learned from him.  He told me he always wanted to make up for his past and that why he wanted me to be the best leader I could and in the end he did cause look at what we made together.   When took over this base there was a ballistic missile submarine hiding offshore as there revenge if we were to win.  I remember I was standing on the beach when I heard and saw 24 missiles screaming up into the sky.   I got an update that was a nuclear launch and that 24 Trident D5 had targets set in the north and South America, Europe and Africa.  If you don’t know one Trident D5 carries fourteen thermonuclear bombs, which means we had three hundred thirty six thermonuclear bombs coming down.   I thought “We won the war but they still going to killed us all” when I heard king sombra voice over the radio saying he go this.    I asked him what was he going to do and he said “General Malik, do you know why I enslaved my people? I had a son and I left him in change when I left for some business and when I got back my army  had try to stage  a coup and killed him.  I had been a good king before this but; lost in pain and sorrow I did some very evil deeds.  When I first met you, you had that same look in your eyes as him and acted like him. It’s been a long war; it's been a tough war. You've fought bravely and we have seen death and suffered together. I'm proud to have served with you and got to know you and your troops.   Everyone in this world  deserve to live  long and happy lives in peace and at the end of every story the villain always die at the end.  So, today the villain king sombra dies and I make up for my past.”  I saw this light and most of missiles were destroyed in space but a few got pass him hitting unpopulated areas. 

{The General has to stop and compost himself}

He did it. He saved us all.  He gave his life so we could live and I think he is up there now with his son watching over me.

{One last thing, were do we go from here and what are you going to do?}

I really don’t know. Human still have racism and prejudice and now there changeling, equestrians and other stuff living together. The world won't change for the better unless we learn trust and forgiveness. Trust and forgiveness is vital in a peaceful world. But that will never happen.  I might have to fight in one more war but really being both human and changing I think everyone is just tired and we have bleed out all the blood of war.   It’s time to rebuild and get back to life for our children. 

As for me we still have fifth column forces to hunt down and ALL those traitors will die.   After that I have my kids to rise and a wife to love tell the end.

{ We wrap things up and I am given Brigadier General Malik Maaka personal effects  for the  museum,  his sig P226, the sword taken from Hermann Göring after the Nybyen base fall,  files and documents, and his F4 .   Looking over the files I find all the poof of the war crimes he did and his wedding video of a proud king sombra performing his wedding with all his soldiers there witnessing it. They call these two warriors the Demon Lords, warriors who soared through the skies of World War III, inspiring both fear and admiration. I came here to learn more about my father king sombra thought Brigadier General Malik Maaka and apart from what I have heard about my father, I still know nothing about him.  Maybe I will never find out what kind of a pony  he really was but looking at the photos of him with Brigadier General Malik and the real love and pride he had for him I know he was not the villain everyone tells me he was.   He gave his life for love of his people and as he daughter I am going to make sure the world knows who he really was.}

(All evidence of war crimes by either Brigadier General Malik Maaka or Field Marshal King Sombra was never found.   A statue of King Sombra was built in the Museum of human conflict with a plague that said “to heroism of the great king Sombra and all those that gave their lives for all of us.  In our darkest hours he showed us the light.”  Flowers, messages and medals are left at the foot of the statue by many that visit the museum.)

Edited by swordsman