Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Will Spike be written out?

CastletonSnob

I highly doubt it. Spike seems to be a very important character as of late, and it would be a really...not-so-smart idea to just write him off. It's not like characters just walk off when they achieve big goals, never to be seen again. >3>

I kinda doubt it too. At this point, Spike is a part of the series. He's been there since Season 1, Episode 1.

• Brohoof 2

I really really doubt it. He'll either lose or win the title but turn it down

In other words, Spike will have to choose between staying at the dragon lands or staying with his friends.

Of course, he'll choose to stay at Ponyville with his friends.

It could go one of three ways: 

1) Spike wins the title and his friends congratulate him on his victory, then there's a scene where the dragons have him choose between them or his friends. 

2) Spike turns down a chance to stay in the Dragonlands after winning, remaining in Ponyville. 

3) After becoming the Dragon Lord, Spike stays there but his friends frequently visit him.

So he may not get written out entirely, but you have to think about a few possible outcomes.

It would be a good thing in my opinion. Not him being completely written out but becoming a reoccurring character that is in a couple of episodes per season. 

But that is not happening. Spike is not there character development vise and they need him for cute comedy.

I am hopeful they won't write him out, but with all the threads asking the question whether that should be done makes me anxious. And then there was this post that mentioned a tweet by Big Jim where he said Spike isn't getting written out of the show, but he wasn't even asked that question:

https://mlpforums.com/topic/139777-spikes-character-going-forward/?p=4153080

When you answer a question that wasn't even asked, that makes me nervous, too...

Anyway, all this started because I wondered if Spike will find his parents soon. if he does, the decision to stay or leave gets a lot more complicated. Unless they decide to move to Ponyville, of course.

(edited)

I highly doubt that Spike will be written out of the show.

FIM isn't the type of show to write out major characters who have been around for a long time.

Spike has been around since the very first episode of the show, I think he is safe.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

If the premiere gave us any indication, I highly doubt he will be written out anytime soon. It seems there is a high potential for him to be a close friend to Starlight, which I really, REALLY want this to be the case. It would be awesome for his character and even for Starlight, who I am not completely warmed up to yet. Doing that would help that along quite a bit. 

• Brohoof 1

Wait, I thought he would become *A* dragonlord, not *THE* dragonlord?
There's a big difference there after all: If he's just "A" dragon lord he should freely be able to leave since he'd be a member of a group and presumably he'd just be required for big council decisions. If he's "THE" dragon lord it would cause more problems, but I don't see him becoming supreme ruler of ALL dragons that easily.

Anyways, No. NOOOOOOO. Not in any way shape or form XD
Just like how twilight wasn't written out after becoming a princess and rainbow dash won't be written out after becoming a wonderbolt.

One can only hope

He's kind of annoying

Say that on twitter and you'll be swarmed by Spike's Fan brigade XD

Its hilarious the amount of hate the writers get after an episode with him in it that portrays him badly :P

Say that on twitter and you'll be swarmed by Spike's Fan brigade XD

Its hilarious the amount of hate the writers get after an episode with him in it that portrays him badly :P

It was more of those things that I say just to see who gets upset.

I mean, he is kind of annoying.

Well, the synopsis of the episode right after S6E5 - Gauntlet of Fire hasn't been revealed, even though the ones for 2 episodes afterwards have been. Maybe S6E6 - No Second Prances is directly tied to the previous episode?

It was more of those things that I say just to see who gets upset.

I mean, he is kind of annoying.

I will drink to that, but Spike is very Schizo in that he's all over the place depending on who writes him: Some episodes he's a voice of reason deadpan snarker (like lesson zero), other's he's an annoying 5 year old.

Like he was great in the premier acting as an assistant, but in episodes like the equestria games he's horribly grating.

I kind of think it'd be a bad idea to write him out when he FINALLY seems to have another character he really plays well off in Starlight. 

spike is destined to be trodden all over in all ways imaginable. Poor spike.