Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anyone still use snail mail?

ManaMinori

I use snail mail but not unless I have to. I don't like using the post office and always seem to have a bad experience with them. Besides the fact that email is more convenient, I don't have to worry so much about lost mail, high prices and lengthy delivery schedules. Email is one of the few aspects of modern technology I've embraced wholeheartedly.

• 3 months later...

As someone who has delivered it, YES. People still use snail mail. I had a letter whose address was totally illegible. It looked like some type of mixture of Russian and hieroglyphics. I had another letter that had the street name on it but no number or name. On occasion the mail was so heavy you couldn’t carry it all in your hand without dropping it. Most of that day was bills, but there was an odd amount of regular letters from other people in there too. Strange.

I still use it fairly often. I sell stuff on ebay so I don't have any other way to send things. I can't just email a box to someone. :p

I also do things via certified mail because there are things I simply do not want digital, primarily insurance related things.

A few of my older family members cannot text and do not own computers so I sent them mail when I couldn't visit or talk over the phone. I usually only write a letter when whoever I'm sending it to deserves a more personal way of communicating.

• 1 month later...