Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like ketchup on hot dogs?

Grepper

Ketchup on hot dogs?  

74 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like ketchup on hot dogs?

• Yes
    • No

Do you like to put ketchup on hot dogs? Apparently some people think it ruins the taste. I like it on my hot dogs, as long as there's not too much on it. But sometimes I like going without ketchup for a dog or two.

• Brohoof 1

Do you like to put ketchup on hot dogs? Apparently some people think it ruins the taste. I like it on my hot dogs, as long as there's not too much on it. But sometimes I like going without ketchup for a dog or two.

I never understood why people like other things like mustard on it and stuff... I hate everything except ketchup and onions on my hot dog

Absolutely. I firmly believe that it isn't a real hot dog if it doesn't have ketchup on it. lol

But I especially love putting cheese and/or bacon bits on my hot dogs. That stuff just makes hot dogs tastier.

• Brohoof 2

* yep, i LOVE ketchup on my hot dogs and lots of it. i often have people make the joke of "dude, you want some hot dog with your ketchup?" due to how much i put on them.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not generally a fan of tomato sauce. I'll have it in certain scenarios, and wouldn't turn down a meal just because it had tomato sauce on it. But I wouldn't actively put it on my hotdog. I prefer copious amounts of mustard on my hotdogs.

I should have specified in my first post that I put more on my hot dogs than just ketchup. I also add mustard and relish if they're available. And if there's sauerkraut, it's going on at least one of my hot dogs.

• Brohoof 1

Ketchup is a must for all hotdogs! But if you really want a real experience and you happen to be in Miami you MUST go to Sweet Dogs. Oh. My. Gawd!!!!!! First off they serve these monstrously large all beef Franks and all the toppings this sweet little old lady makes herself she grows her fruits and veggies and makes her own chili and guacamole and beans Holy freaking cow it's amazing! I have a tie for my two favorites: the Miami heat dog which has homemade chili homemade guacamole jalapeño slices and fritos on it and the Colombian junk food dog XD which has ketchup pineapple magic secret sauce and potato sticks on it......drooling over here....so many food posts tonight....

Tl;Dr hotdogs need ketchup and potato sticks on them

Not really. I don't mind other condiments such as mustard and relish, and I'll even add mayonnaise to my hot dogs, but I just don't like that odd sweetness that ketchup has. Especially on a hot dog.

I don't like ketchup on anything, really. Ketchup and real tomatoes are the only tomato-flavored things I don't like. Tomato sauce on spaghetti and tomato soup are fine.

That said, I usually eat hot dogs without any kind of sauce. Burgers are the only things I eat with sauce, when it comes to things you stick in a bun.

I didn't even know people ever ate hot dogs without tomato sauce, it's one of those iconic condiments. Tomato sauce and cheese and sometimes mustard is where it's at.

Yeah, I like ketchup on my hot dogs... Buuut, I'm more of a fan of bratwursts (brats), and I use mustard on them.  So, ketchup for hot dogs and mustard for brats!

~ Miles

• Brohoof 3