Ziggy + Angel + Rain

Are forums a waste of time?

Not if you are bored and got nothing to do :P

Not a waste of time at all. I can't imagine my life without any forums. 

(answer to question? I don't have a favorite flower, I'm allergic.)

Forums are just fun. It really ups my mood knowing that i'm not the only freak who likes ponies :P

Nothing that you enjoy is a waste of time, if you enjoy posting on a fourm then  its not a waste of time

If anything, it's homework that's a waste of time. Forums are the bomb.

I have definitely felt this at times, but then again, literally anything we do could be considered a waste of time from a certain point of view.  Granted, some things more than others.  But really, for me, most of what I do is probably a waste of time.  I'm usually either here, or on youtube, or playing a game, none of which accomplishes anything.  But if it gives you enjoyment, then it's not really waste.  In the case of the forums though, I think a lot of it is actually very useful.  The better threads are an exchange of interesting ideas, and I've been inspired many times by people here, and I hope I've inspired some, too.  I've gotten ideas from posts here that led me to actually do something productive, things I wouldn't have thought of otherwise.  There are threads that serve to spread good ideas and good messages.  There's the sharing of art aspect as well.  I think it's a helpful thing for people like me that have no friends in their area irl.  Of course, it's probably detrimental when it becomes a complete replacement for real social interaction, as is the case for me.

I love how you tagged this thread with "potatoes".  So random.  And my favorite flower is the purple lupine blossom.

There's certainly other things you can do as well as being on a forum: just like anything else, why bother spending 90% of your time in the day on something, that in the long run might not do anything for you, other than be a time waster?

Edited by

Nope! I have loads of fun and get to talk to some cool people, how can that be a waste of time? Besides, I joined this place thinking I waste my time doing a whole lotta nothing.

nah! this place is great for me to practice my socialization skills and stating my opinions in a stronger state (still working on that) ^_^

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted." - John Lennon

Yeah, but that's the point isn't it? To make some friends and kill time.

Oh of course. I could be out doing great things, but instead I am sitting on the couch browsing a forum based of a TV show for little girls.

It's almost the definition of "waste of time"

I don't think it's too much of a waste of time because I'd probably be wasting my time doing something even less productive.

Most definitely not! Forums are definitely worth my time. I like discussing stuff...

From a productive viewpoint, forums are absolutely a waste of time. But I would say if you genially enjoy it and you don't have work to do, nothing is a real waste of time.

I enjoyed my time on most forums.

If you enjoyed something, then it wasn't a waste of time.

The answer is no, I do not ask myself if it is a waste of time.

Badges

Its not a waste of time. Its a place to talk on certain topics and sometimes you gain knowledge from them.

I'm not wasting time here ~ I come here to become the most beloved pony in all of Equestria!!!!!!1111!!ONE11!

It depends on what point of view you'll look at it.

For example, currently I'm active on 3 forums (communities) and they take lots of my time. (Like REALLY LOTS)

Instead of working on games and such, most of the time I'm jumping from one forum to another endlessly reading and making posts. (During a year, I've made more than 6000 posts in total [mainly on game-making-engine-related forum]) So in my case ~ it could be considered as a waste of time, because instead of making progress, I'm just posting stuff, that will not make me achieve anything important.

To be honest either sitting on forums or playing games could be considered as wasting time, because instead of that, you could do something much more productive in your life.

But on the other hoof ~ talking with others isn't really a waste of time.

So... It all depends on which side you'll look at this.

You know what is a waste of time?  :dash:

Facebook.  :diamondtiara:

:lol:

Badges

Nowadays, sorta. I could be doing better stuff, like studying for algebra honors. Instead I spend time doing nothing on 2 random forums.

MLP Forums isn't a waste of time... For me. I have many friends here, and that's something I will appreciate forever.

It's actually kinda a waste of time

But there are nice people here, so not a complete waste

These forums? I don't think so that much. At least I am enjoying things and it is friendly here.

Other forums I have been to...well, even if they are somewhat ok or even nice, I felt there was nothing to gain for me discussing 17 pages with other members about changes/suggestions of a game I am playing. Now THAT was a waste of time. And not enjoyable.

Badges

They can be, but I don't consider this one to be a waste of time. I enjoy it here!  :fluttershy:

Anything is arguably a waste of time. However, with the right mindset, anything can arguably be used for good, and forums are no exception. You can use them to create worthwhile relationships with good people or just fill them up with crap and offer people nothing. Granted, forums are just for fun and shouldn't be taken too seriously, but there's a level of respect and love you have to have for a forum if you want to be respected and loved back on it. There's an exception with forums that aren't governed by moral principles, obviously, but mostly, it's about having the right attitude.

Badges