Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls Minis... Please no.

Buck Testa

What is your take on Equestria Girls minis?  

26 users have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on the Toys/Animation?

• Both the Toys and Animation look great, what are you talking about!?
    • I like the Toys, but I agree the animation is pretty awful
    • I'm kind of meh on both the toys and the commercial
    • These shorts actually turned me off to the merchandise.

I actually really like how the toys look.  They actually look show accurate and even cute.

The best ones would have to be Applejack, Sunset Shimmer and Rarity mini figures.

But the animations on the other hand I could do without.

The EQG minis look way better than the horrid EQG dolls, I don't like the chibi look much but these work for me. I was at a Pop Culture convention recently, so many artists had chibi art style, even if their art styles differed from each other, it was too much. The EQG minis do have this nice plastic smell to them, not sure what type of plastic they used. I like that they can articulate. The animation for the minis I agree could have been a lot better.

Every time Hasbro does something that isn't specifically targeted at bronies, a mass panic and hate train rolls in. It's almost as if people are not open to change or forget that this show is not made for adults exclusively.

Every time Hasbro does something that isn't specifically targeted at bronies, a mass panic and hate train rolls in. It's almost as if people are not open to change or forget that this show is not made for adults exclusively.

I still don't get how people are saying that these new toys are aimed at the kids and not bronies; These are actually toys that bronies might want to buy and pose on their desks and shelves, compared to the previous ones which were aimed squarely 100% at the little kids due to their awful look.

Will the target audience buy them? Of course they will, kids like good stuff too. But they're FAR more aimed at bronies than the previous toys were.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 1

I still don't get how people are saying that these new toys are aimed at the kids and not bronies; These are actually toys that bronies might want to buy and pose on their desks and shelves, compared to the previous ones which were aimed squarely 100% at the little kids due to their awful look.

Will the target audience buy them? Of course they will, kids like good stuff too. But they're FAR more aimed at bronies than the previous toys were.

Probably because most bronies just assume Hasbro is always talking specifically to them and act like they have given up on their target audience which is liking the show just as much as they always have.

They're toys, dolls even, they are aiming them at kids or doll collectors. Not really specifically at bronies. Why do people have a hard time accepting that Hasbro is not making every move with bronies in mind?

• 1 month later...

:scots:  I think Food Fight had better CGI... brrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

Sick burn, bro.

They're toys, dolls even, they are aiming them at kids or doll collectors. Not really specifically at bronies. Why do people have a hard time accepting that Hasbro is not making every move with bronies in mind?

I agree! Let's be honest, Hasbro hardly ever does anything toy-wise with bronies in mind.

The only Hasbro product that actually seems to cater to Bronies/collectors is the upcoming Guardians of Harmony Fan Series. And that toyline has literally THREE figures in it.

Here's a thought -- are these shorts created by DHX? If not, then it's probably the reason why these shorts are of poor quality. While I do agree that these shorts are definitely not good, it could be a whole lot worse than what it is. Hasbro's main focus at the moment is MLP:FiM G4, so unfortunately we can't always expect high quality stuff in Equestria Girls.

DHX had nothing to do with the development of My Little Pony, they are merely the distributor. For example, in the UK, it's ClearVision that's responsible for the distribution of My Little Pony. 

So I've had the unfortunate experience of running into Equestria girls minis. What is Equestria girls minis you might ask. Well from the marketing I've been seeing it looks like they've made a series following chibi version of the main cast, which doesn't sound all that bad right? I mean I'm an anime guy, chibi stuff can be pretty damn adorable.

NO!

This is not the case with this thing.

See if you can spot all the problems I have with this new series in this couple of clips here. (click at your own peril) 

So it seems Hasbro's game plan with this is to 

1) Turn up everybody's energy levels past Pinkie Pie on a Sugar high 

2) Eliminate anything that makes them interesting as characters for the most basic of stereotypes

3) Shred any sense of subtly and maturity that bring in the wider demographic

4) Don't even get the original voice actors to do the roles.

5) Have the cheapest, ugliest animation they can afford and just speed it up to mind melting levels.

This is the first thing to come out of generation four that I am going to give a big old HELL NO too. Equestria girls the movies are pretty solid, The show is great, but this is not a sign of a direction I want to see.

This thing looks like if they took generation 3.5 and gave it a big ol cup of espresso laced with cocaine.  

i have no idea what you mean the animation is so lovely and they look super cute =)=)=) i already bought the Rarity slumberparty set and normal Rarity and also couple other Raritys =)=)=) Second clip is my favorite though RARITY LOOKS SO CUTEin itthat i cant even take it AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW )()(`´´=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)

• Brohoof 1