Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog

Linguz

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, I was looking around the forums and couldn't find any discussion topic on Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog so I decided to make this thread.

Use this thread to discuss anything about the show; Favourite character, moment, song. Just keep it within relevance, please.

Thanks! :P

I for one think that the ending to it was pretty interesting and I wonder if any of you guys would have any of your own theories as to what the ending is about?

• Brohoof 2

there is supposed to be a sequel.  or at least that's what  i remember hearing.  I watched it through once didn't really care for it the first time around.  I gave it another go around on netflix cause it is there.  I thought it was creative and funny..... my favorite song is 'can't believe my eyes'  neil patrick harris is just phenomenal in it. 

• Brohoof 1

Dude... why hasn't this thread been started before!? I love that thing.

Let me just post a song, that's all is required to kick-start this thread.

Brand new day.

Or even better.... A man's gotta do.

Edited by Scootalove
  • Brohoof 2

My top three songs have to be Brand New Day, On the Rise (I Cannot Believe My Eyes) and Everything You Ever. I never expected NPH to be so good at singing!

I also heard about a sequel coming up, but I'm not sure what to think about it. I probably shouldn't make any decisions on it until it's out, though. :P

Penny: You're driving a spork into your leg.

Billy: So I am. Hilarious!

:')

• 3 months later...

This show is one of the only musicals that I like, the other one being My Little Pony.

Dayum, is it good! :D

Cheers to my uncle for introducing it to me!

I'm completely in love with this movie, and have been for the past 6 months or so.  At this point, you could pretty much say that the hammer is my penis.

In case anyone here hasn't heard, they're shooting the sequel this year!  I have no idea what the plot will be like, but I'm way more excited for this than any other movie coming in the foreseeable future.

Edited by Pony Joe

In case anyone here hasn't heard, they're shooting the sequel this year!  

derpy_emoticon1.png   Whaaaa?

It had been so long sing the first one, I didn't think there was any chance of a sequel!  That is amazing news!  We will sing-a-long again!

I love Joss Whedon, Felicia Day, NPH and Nathan Fillion so naturally I'm a fan of Doctor Horrible. It was a great film, I've watched it 3 or 4 times.

That is seriously creepy. Right after finishing a Legend Of Korra AMV of "Everything You Ever", I come and find out that this thread has been bumped.

img-1303714-1-blink.png

Is it?  I don't really understand what you said.  I know that "Everything You Ever" is a song from the movie.  I am not sure what "Legend of Korra AMV" means.  

Is it?  I don't really understand what you said.  I know that "Everything You Ever" is a song from the movie.  I am not sure what "Legend of Korra AMV" means.  

AMV = Animated Music Video. You take clips from an animated cartoon and set them to music. The Legend Of Korra is a television series. The song particularly fit one of the characters, so I made a video out of it.

Sorry, sometimes I forget that not everybody knows random cartoon series and video editing terms. laugh.png

• 7 months later...

Hey everypony! :) Have any of you ever seen this movie/video thing? XD What are your thoughts on it? I think it's funny and I really like the songs :D If you havn't seen it I highly recommend watching it, it's on netflix and is only about 45 minutes long and neil patrick harris plays the main character /)^3^(\

• Brohoof 1

Its actually one of my favourite musicals now, I watched it recently on youtube.

Neil Patrick Harris did an amazing job on all the numbers, I've even taken to a couple of his songs and have been singing them everywhere, pretty much got Slipping under my belt now. 

Its a great story, though I truly did hate Captain Hammer, and Penny wasn't the best. But it was still pretty awesome. Wished it went for a little longer though, it was a good plot and the music was amazing. 

I've always loved anything where the villain was the main focus, and where we got to take a look at what they do. Instead of the hero or good guy. I can always relate to those, and you usually have much more to work with than a hero.

Hero's have a pretty fixed storyline, yes you can change it up a bit or try to change it slightly, but it's still pretty much the same.

Villains though, you can have the world in their storyline. Anything could happen to them, their minds are all different, why a hero's is pretty much the same. You can do anything plot wise/story wise with a villain, A hero is very restrictive.

And this musical is amazing for that, and they actually portrayed a typical hero quite well, stereotypical for the most part, but most of it was very well done. 

• 7 months later...