Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have keepsakes?

Member Berry

As in tickets to gigs, shows, train tickets to places etc. I never ever keep anything like that. I went to see Derren Brown's live show (awesome show btw) with my best friend a few days ago, he asked if I wanted to keep the ticket. I said no, I have enough stuff in my room as it is, keeping tickets just means more clutter. He keeps everything like that, he has a box full of them. He says he keeps it for memories but, I have a brain :| lol that keeps my memories for me. I just don't see the point in keeping stuff like that. A lot of my friends do.

I have a couple of tickets for the movie i took my girlfriend on our first date. Discolored and tattered, you can still see the info on them. I usually dont keep sentimental keepsakes, but these stood out to me.

As for memories... Sure you would know of where you went and where, but sometimes i guess it's just easier for some to remember if they have something to go with that memory.

At the risk of turning this discussion into The Discourse™, I think it may or may not be an issue related to empathy? I for one like the idea of keeping keepsakes for memories, but can't actually get anything out of it in practice. Old stuff I have that I KNOW should bring up fuzzy memory feelings just don't do it for me. And I know for a fact that I'm incapable of empathy.

Then again, correlation doesn't always imply causation so it might not be this at all.

As in tickets to gigs, shows, train tickets to places etc. I never ever keep anything like that. I went to see Derren Brown's live show (awesome show btw) with my best friend a few days ago, he asked if I wanted to keep the ticket. I said no, I have enough stuff in my room as it is, keeping tickets just means more clutter. He keeps everything like that, he has a box full of them. He says he keeps it for memories but, I have a brain :| lol that keeps my memories for me. I just don't see the point in keeping stuff like that. A lot of my friends do.

I keep every image people make for me, and I keep all of my pony stuff

On top of that, every letter from any past relationship I keep, because they're important to me, even if they upset people I date. 

My most important keepsake is a birthday card from my 20th birthday, because it's the last one I got from my mom before she died. Other than that I've got some wrist bands from conventions, but nothing big.

As someone with awful memory, I save things that are important to me. I have the tickets from when I went to visit my boyfriend, and the tickets to the science museums we went to together. They're like pictures to me. I keep them pinned to my wall.

I have the tickets to the two times I went to see Zootopia because it was the first time I realized I could save tickets to my favorite movies. Wish I had saved my tickets to The Force Awakens.

* i don't usually.. just depends what it is. i've kept hold of my birthday cards from my best friend and her boyfriend last year and when i order a hand made item online from sites such as etsy and the seller includes a little 'thank you!' drawing, i like to hold onto those too.

• 4 years later...
(edited)

I have plenty of them.

• I have the cards a few people sent me when I graduated (actually most of them were delivered to me personally). Two in particular are from a family friend and one of my UIL coaches. They both had twenty dollars, both of which have been spent at this point, and wishing me luck on my future endeavors. :P
  • I have all the medals and ribbons I got from my extra curricular activities. Yes, all of them. But they're still at my Dad's I believe. There's so many I can barely fit them on one nail. :o
  • I used to have a heart-shaped pillow that my Mom got after her open-heart surgery when I wasn't born yet, but it got torn up sometime in my early teens. But I still have a present she and my dad found lying on a beach on their 20th anniversary, an air-stuffed dragon. That must count for something, I guess.
  • I have all of the stuff I bought from stores in DC from the time I marched in the Memorial Day parade even if some of it I really frankly don't want.
  • Quite a few more things I won't list because this post could be VERY long.
Edited by Dustlicious

I have a handful of old NASCAR race tickets from races at Daytona I've been to in years past. I've kept them all. I have several other keepsake items as well but those are the first that came to mind.

I can be a bit of a hoarder, though I'm getting better about it. I've got a bunch of small things from important moments in my life, but the biggest one that I'll never get rid of is my BronyCon 2019 badge and lanyard. That was my first convention, and easily the best weekend of my life. I think that might have been my peak, actually.

I usually toss things away except for cards from my family and also a drawing from my friends in middle school. 

I have an entire scrapbook filled with movie and sports ticket stubs. Online tickets just aren't the same.

I did the score-keeping and saved the stub from Max Scherzer's second no-hitter.

I still keep a lot of that stuff. I try not to be a hoarder of things, but I do have quite a few ticket stubs (my first viewing of every Star Wars movie) and a bunch of receipts from my first visit to Disneyland when I was six. I tossed a lot of the excess, but some of it I'm keeping forever. 

I had a whole drawer full of keepsakes when I was growing up. That drawer was not worth keeping, as I went through it and t has stuff that didn't really matter much anymore. I do not miss it.