Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Does anyone shop at Goodwill?

ManaMinori

I know some don't like wearing secondhand clothes from people you don't know, but what I never knew is that there are treasures that big name department stores donate there, too, brand spankin' new!

I found a beautiful black velvet skirt with its price tag still attatched ($80.00), and Godwill was selling it for $5.00- and it had a colored tag that gave it a 50% off discount, so I got the $80.00 skirt for $2.50. What a frikin' steal!!!!!

So....does anyone shop at Goodwill? If you don't, will you, knowing that brand new stuff can get donated there, too?

• Brohoof 1

I do toy hunts at stores like goodwill and more consignment shops for clothes. :)

I stopped toy hunting at Goodwills, because they never have pony or actual play toys. Basically just stuffed animals

I don't often buy new clothes, but when i do i go and get new ones rather than donated ones, probably just because i'm paranoid of why throw clothing away anyway.

Weight change is the most likely reason. There's few other reasons to throw away clothing except if it were damaged in which case it'd be at the dump rather than a thrift store.

I stopped toy hunting at Goodwills, because they never have pony or actual play toys. Basically just stuffed animals

Aw, that sucks. Mine always has toys! And I find ponies there too. :3

Weight change is the most likely reason. There's few other reasons to throw away clothing except if it were damaged in which case it'd be at the dump rather than a thrift store.

Dont mean to sound insensitive but the only weight change im experiencing is loss (i have a problem). Sometimes clothing feels baggy, so there's that i suppose.

I've seen damaged clothes at Goodwill. Rips or ravels, or stains. It's a waste to dump them, especially if someone with the expertise can mend them. I can't, but I'm just saying, I don't like wasting.

Aw, that sucks. Mine always has toys! And I find ponies there too. :3

argh! So lucky. Envious as hell. *grumble*

I didn't just shop at a Goodwill. My first real job that pays was working at one over last summer; the first thing to list under work experience on my resume! It felt good to work, getting paid, gaining experience, and learning the different types of clothing that I normally would never touch.

While I was employed, I bought from the store I worked:

A Derpy Hooves Shirt

A Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie Shirt

Red Pants

A new red robe (my favorite color)

A textbook about writing fiction

I know some don't like wearing secondhand clothes from people you don't know, but what I never knew is that there are treasures that big name department stores donate there, too, brand spankin' new!

I found a beautiful black velvet skirt with its price tag still attatched ($80.00), and Godwill was selling it for $5.00- and it had a colored tag that gave it a 50% off discount, so I got the $80.00 skirt for $2.50. What a frikin' steal!!!!!

So....does anyone shop at Goodwill? If you don't, will you, knowing that brand new stuff can get donated there, too?

I went to my local one and they just had terrible stuff. Nothing I was interested in getting, so I haven't gone back since.

My girlfriend does and I always just tag along :P 

The clothes are usually too big for her but everyone now and then she finds a gem and that makes her so very happy ^ ^

Usually only when I need pants. Pants are expensive.

Same here actually. XD Pants are a good deal there. :P

I shop there every now and again, not too often. I usually don't need much from there and I never seem to find anything astounding, but it is a good place to go to for certain things, like the aforementioned pants. :3 

My girlfriend does and I always just tag along :P 

The clothes are usually too big for her but everyone now and then she finds a gem and that makes her so very happy ^ ^

can't she take them to a tailor?

Same here actually. XD Pants are a good deal there. :P

I shop there every now and again, not too often. I usually don't need much from there and I never seem to find anything astounding, but it is a good place to go to for certain things, like the aforementioned pants. :3

pants shopping at Goodwill depresses me. Hard to find good fits.

(Though I found a cute, good fit at Ross, today. I've never had lavender pants before.)

I went to my local one and they just had terrible stuff. Nothing I was interested in getting, so I haven't gone back since.

why not keep looking? They seem to rotate inventory fairly often, from my experience

I go there to find some used MLP merchandise, but not for VHS players.

how come everyone's finding pony at Goodwill, but me?! D:

Who still buys VHS payers?

why not keep looking? They seem to rotate inventory fairly often, from my experience

It just smelled really nasty in there as well >.<

I'll pass, I can afford nicer clothes tbh

It just smelled really nasty in there as well >.<

I'll pass, I can afford nicer clothes tbh

well to each their own, I suppose.

I can afford nicer clothes, too, but personally, I like saving money. If I can find stuff the deartment stores donate, brand new, and get it for less than $5, them that's by far better than shopping at the mall. But that's just me

I can afford nicer clothes, too, but personally, I like saving money. If I can find stuff the deartment stores donate, brand new, and get it for less than $5, them that's by far better than shopping at the mall. But that's just me

The less money spent on clothes the more you can put into video games, I always say. But that's just me. <.< >.> :D

Oh no, I completely agree. I'm all about saving money personally, but the good will here is just a pretty nasty place in my mind

can't she take them to a tailor?

In my country the tailor would cost as much as the dress o-o  

And While I "could" pay for it, she's the type of girl who likes to be completely independent -__- *sigh*

Edited by DefinitelyNot Vulcan

I shop at Goodwill for a few things. They're a great place to find toys for my kid, some in slightly used condition - some BRAND NEW as the OP said. Plus I buy old toys cheaply and sell them on ebay. My wife's biggest win was finding a Blue's Clues toy in the original package for 99 cents and we sold it for over 100 dollars.

It's a great place for shoes for kids, as they outgrow shoes so quickly. A little soapy water and lysol spray makes it new and safe to wear.

As far as used clothing, if you don't want them in your own washer/dryer, take them to a laundromat and wash them in hot water. 

I just got about 5 pairs of slacks, barely used, perfect fit, atSavers (not Goodwill, but another thrift store). It was during their half price clothes sale, so the 5 pairs of paints were about 10-15 bucks - I don't remember. And these were really nice brands too.

Goodwill is my home away from home. I go there all the time for cosplay stuff, haunted house props around Halloween (Including this awesome late 80s TV I found for only $4 there), and expanding my VHS collection. 

It also helps there's one that's a 7 minute drive from my house so it's pretty close. 

• Brohoof 1