Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Images not appearing correctly when I Previw Post while making Blogs

Will Guide
Go to solution Solved by Jeric,

I've been trying to upload images to a post in a blog. But I've been having problems trying to make it look right in the Post Preview. The images I intend to use chiefly come from the MLP Wiki.

post-15772-0-53130200-1460477658.png

Let's use this as an example which I found on this address:
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Applejack/Gallery/Season_5_episodes_14-26?quot%3B_S5E20.png=undefined&quot%3Breally_cracked_the_corn_this_time=undefined#Hearthbreakers

For Each Method I tried, I've listed the steps I've used and provided what the Post Preview reveals to me.

Method 1: Copying and Pasting 

1. I right-click the target image, then click "Copy Image" from the menu.

2. I paste it directly into the post editor in precisely the spot I want the target image to be.

3. It appears how I want it to be.

3. I click "Post Preview" button to see what the readers would see.

Post Preview Result: I find that instead of the image appearing like above, in its spot is a long line of technical text like this:
 http://vignette4. wikia.nocookie.net/mlp/images/d/d8/Applejack_%22really_cracked_the_corn_this_time%22_S5E20.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/201?cb=20151027004148

FAIL

Method 2: Attach Files button (in advanced uploader mode)

1. I right-click the target image, then click "Save Image as" from the menu. 

2. I save By default, my computer save the target image as an png file. The example above saves the file name as:
Applejack_--really_cracked_the_corn_this_time--_S5E20
3.I click the "Choose Files..." button under Attach Files on the Advanced Editor.

4. I find the image where I saved it and open it.

5. It gets added to the list of attachments under the Editor (thumbnail looking exactly how I wanted it to look to my readers and text saying"Applejack_--really_cracked_the_corn_this_time--_S5E20.png")

6. I would place the cursor where I would want the image to be

7. I hit the "Add to Post" link next to the image.

8. Text saying: 

appears in the spot where I want it.

9. I click "Post Preview" button to see what the readers would see.

Post Preview Result:

Instead of the image appearing correctly, I get a broken image of a beach with a blue hyperlink to the intended picture. I can't publish my blog entries if my images show up looking like that!

FAIL!

You know, I've post images using the Attach Files method on regular topics like the Episode discussion topics within the last few weeks and it worked fine. Could it be because I'm in blog mode or something?

Can you please give me more advice on what I should to get my images up right. 

I'm not publishing my blog entries until the text and pictures are in their proper spot on the Preview Post". Thankfully, my entries are in draft mode until then.

http://vignette4. wikia.nocookie.net/mlp/images/d/d8/Applejack_%22really_cracked_the_corn_this_time%22_S5E20.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/201?cb=20151027004148

Remove everything after the file extension. You also had a space after vignette4.

Applejack_really_cracked_the_corn_this_t

what exactly in the text you quote from me is the file extension? 

The .png is the file extension. All the /revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/201?cb=20151027004148 afterwards is stuff used by the wiki to do formating, check revisions of the image, etc.

Remove everything after the file extension. You also had a space after vignette4.

I did remove the stuff after the .png file extension AND removed the space after "vignette4". But.... in the preview, it just became an blue external link to the picture rather than the picture itself. Like this: http://vignette4.wik...time"_S5E20.png  Apparantly, Method 1 of Copying and Pasting the image from the wiki just gives me an external link to the image and not the image itself.

I tried doing Method two of Saving the image as a file and using the Attach Files button, but the end result is the same: a broken image of a beach with a blue hyperlink to the image and NOT The Image Itself!

Sweet Walt Disney! I was first trying to do this short 1st entry of a new blog that took about 10 minutes to type up at 5 in the morning and the very first preview shows the images not appearing right, making what should have been a quick post into a 4 hour nightmare of annoyance!

Sigh. How about you tell me what's the best method of getting .png images. I'll check back when I get your reply.

@WiiGuy2014, if you are finding issues using the direct link of the wiki, you could always download the picture and reupload it to a free image site like Imgur. I tend to do this myself personally to save myself some time of playing with the wiki links, and it never failed me once. You can check it here if you are interested on trying it out.