Did you like it?  

232 users have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on the episode?

• I hated it! Burn it with dragon fire! >: (
    • I didn't care for it. Le sigh...
    • It was mediocre...
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT!!!!! <3

So far, it's cool to see Spike and Princess Ember team up! But seriously how does Twilight and Rarity end up in the next room ahead of Spike? I know they're there for support, but...

I imagine Twilight is using her teleportation to skip over the obstacles.

Pretty good episode, I was hoping for a few more feels, though. It was a bit light and fluffy, however, and I never really felt like anyone was in real danger. I mean, Garble got skewered and he brushed it right off. The message about dragons not having friends was overdone a bit.

It was great to see Spike as Dragon Lord, even if it was only for a minute.

• Brohoof 2

I thought the episode was fun. I'm glad they didn't "reform" Garble completely. I thought he was a fun villain.

Plus, do you think that Spike will eventually stop being a baby dragon and actually start to get bigger?

This episode was great, it was a better look into dragons than DQ was, and while I groaned when Garble showed up, I loved seeing him get his ass handed to him and be humiliated. I especially loved the Dragon Lord and Princess Ember, she's gonna be a good Dragon Lord

• Brohoof 3

That was decent. Twilight probably could have ended it like 29 different times without exposing herself, but whatever.

That would have meant a declaration of war between Equestria and the Dragons. A princess interfering directly in the political affairs of another countries without their consent? Completely out of question.

Plus, she follows scientific rules in her studies, so her interfering would mean both a political eclat (if not war) and the knowledge she gained being without value.

• Brohoof 4

Finally, a Spike episode that does not involve him fucking up a day childishly. And it's done in great dragon fire style...or something any less cheesier than that. :yay:

I can feel the ships between Ember and Spike...And Rarity too. :mustache:

• Brohoof 2

That ep was actually really good. However it was weird, as it did not really feel like an ep. Of MLP but I don't think it was a bad thing. In fact this is my favorite ep of the season so far!

I feel very much the same; it was like the plot of some platform-rpg based on mlp.

WE'VE GOT A NEW SHIP!

Liked this episode. It had flaws, such as not explaining how the ponies followed them into the flamecano, but if was good. Friendship wins, and this time it was wih a fellow dragon.

And...this may be the first good Spike episode. YES!

This was an episode that could have been a disaster, since many Spike episodes do one fatal thing: Focusing on his negatives and little else. This episode? FINALLY. They didn't do that this time! Took them long enough but I am happy that they focused on Spike's positive aspects instead. His love for his friends, his caring for their well being and wanting to spread friendship to his own kind, THIS is how you make Spike do very well in his own episode. 

Overall, I did enjoy the episode. It wasn't the best out there, but it was cute and enjoyable, plus the Dragon Lord was pretty cool. Ember wasn't so bad either, she was pretty simple but she worked. Was this episode predictable? Very. I still think it works though for this kind of thing and overall, I liked this episode. 

• Brohoof 11

Great Dragon Migration 2.0 with less suck

Seriously, they're retreading old ground for this season

First was Crystal Empire minus Sombra (Needed more Windigoes)

Then came Trade Ya! Manehatten Edition (Now with less lsavery)

Bloom and Gloom without the Dream gimmick (Worrying about drifting apart from her friends)

Interesting 

• Brohoof 1

That was a fantastic episode :D :D :D :D Best Spike episode by now :D :D :D They did him a lot of justice, hope they will keep on delivering that justice ;) 

Also, new dragon character Ember, means new ship <3 <3 <3 

• Brohoof 2

That would have meant a declaration of war between Equestria and the Dragons. A princess interfering directly in the political affairs of another countries without their consent? Completely out of question.

Plus, she follows scientific rules in her studies, so her interfering would mean both a political eclat (if not war) and the knowledge she gained being without value.

By the end, Garble already knew they were there. I don't think anyone would have questioned the morality of defending one's self when they are on a ledge overlooking a firey drop of certain death and their surrogate son/brother/lackey is in mortal danger. Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 1

Okay, time to make myself be the party pooper for the first time ever.

I really didn't liked this episode. I was never a big fan of the action type episodes of MLP and making Spike looking like a super dragonlord, was for me a very cheap way, to satisfy spike fans. All i want, is that spike look competent in a slice of life situation, nothing more.

Garble, was annoying as always, but i think it can't be helped, since he is the stereotypical bully.

What i did liked was Twilights nerdy attitude throughout the episode, eventhough i think Twilight and Rarity where completly pointless during the second half of the episode.

Also, they don't know alot about Dragons, but Celestia and Luna suddenly know what that glowing thing means? Yeah right.

I don't expect you to agree with me, because i wish i could enjoy this too. But this is just how i feel.

And one more thing. Now Spike has 3 ships. Take your pick. :D

• Brohoof 7

This is just my opinion but this episode was awful. Predictable, with flat jokes, unimaginative weak action, and characterization that wasn't cohesive from scene to scene. Ugh. I could never see that one again and be better off. It was definitely written for boys, which there's nothing wrong with that, I love action and fights and stuff more than any other chick I know, but it was just so weak I could barely finish it.

• Brohoof 3

Okay a good Spike episode? What madness is this? (It's a joke BTW I've liked past Spike episodes)

What I liked:

Spike: Season 6 has been good to the little guy. Brave and heroic but not recklessly so and with a decent amount of brains to boot.

Princess Ember: Good strong character, has fierce determination and skills. I really like her.

Princess Luna and Celestia: Okay I know it's a quick scene but man it's both nice and funny to see them in an everyday situation

Act 1 Twilight: Ah Knowledge obsessed Twilight, never change.

Garble: I hate this asshole but considering he's the villain that's a good thing. Also first time a returning villain ISN'T reformed.

The fight sequence: MLP has a hand-to-hand combat scene, no magic involved (unless you count flying). How cool is that!

The Set Designs: Very cool color palette they used here, lots of grays and reds, not colors we see often on MLP, nice change of scenery 

What I didn't like:

Act 3 Twilight: Hey Twilight I know Rarity's not much of a fighter, but you went toe-to-toe with Tirek. Maybe you could blast them with a Kamahamaha or something, just saying.

The Act 2 breakup Act 3 get together: Ember leaves saying she doesn't like friendship but then comes back and says she does. What? To me it would have probably been better for them to have never separated and Ember realize what friendship means to her. 

What was meh:

The dragon designs: Why are all the dragons of the teenage variety? To me it sort of comes off as coping How To Train Your Dragons.

Rarity: She had some good moments in the beginning but she really didn't do anything this episode.

So yeah a rather good action episode with a decent moral about friendship.

• Brohoof 2

Well, they did it as far as I'm concerned. We got a solid Spike episode for season 6!  :D

I'm not saying it was perfect or there weren't thing I would have preferred done different, but I didn't hate this episode and I wasn't meh about it either. I enjoyed it. Kind of like Inspiration Manifestation (in the sense that I enjoyed it and thought it was well done). Spike was in character and showed the strength he has built over the seasons. Also, female dragons. Thank you.  :squee:

Two new ships in the span of two episodes! I love it! 

Also, new dragon character Ember, means new ship <3 <3 <3 

Season 6 shall be our harbor and we will dwell there.  :icwudt:

And one more thing. Now Spike has 3 ships. Take your pick. :D

Wait, 3 ships?

hmm....Rarity

hmm...Ember...

and...who's the 3rd ship for Spike?

Wait, 3 ships?

hmm....Rarity

hmm...Ember...

and...who's the 3rd ship for Spike?

Starlight, since the Premiere. :P

• Brohoof 1

Well, I think I might have seen one of the best episode in my time in this fandom. Definitely, way better than the failure that was Princess Spike.

I really like the portrayal of Spike in the episode, he was at his best there helping the story get along quite fine.

One of the best moments of the episode was at the end with Princess Ember realising that friendship was the true thing to save their minds.

Great caracterizations, loved this brave caracter of Princess Ember.

I also loved the moments where Twi fannerded at new informations about the dragons, such adorkable :P

Also, In general, a badass there is a badass feeling I got from this episode. At some moments it felt so METAL!! :angry:

There, have the most accurate song you can associate with this episode lol:

As for the flaws, you could say that garble wasn't great, again not very surprising and maybe some pacing issues a bit there, but they did not make this one suck *breaths in and out*

So, probably my favorite Spike episode ever with a great ending and some great caracterization who did it all for me. And metalhead me thinks it's so badass!

Grade: A

• Brohoof 2

Starlight, since the Premiere. :P

Oh, how could I forget that?

Spike and Starlight's interactions were the best part of the episode, followed by Sunburst and Starlight's re-bonding.

Silly me. :P