Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twibuntu (MLP Linux) Pre-Alpha Download

Brony Lounge

A while back I posted about needing help with a mlp linux distro

This is the pre alpha of that distro, it is very buggy so I wouldn’t recommend installing it on real hardware

Downloads

64 bit: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-yqwMV5FHyXVWRjaFJBVkhFYzA

32 bit: Sorry there will most likely never be a 32 bit version since unity is quite heavy and most 32 bit PC's  are not up for the task

Known Bugs (If you find any more please let me know)

*Most icons do not have the pony theme, if anyone is up for improving the icon theme please let me know

*Most icons on the bar at the top of the screen are broke or using a unfitting icon, once again this is a problem with the icon theme, this can be fixed by installing another theme (I recommend Numix circle)

*There are several black wallpapers on the wallpaper selection screen, I don’t know why this is occurring

*There is no custom bootlogo, I attempted to apply one, however it did not work, just deal with the ubuntu one or install your own

Additional Things

I do still need help with several things

these include

*A theme/icon creator

*Someone to make a custom ubiquity slideshow

*Someone to make wallpapers

*And testers

you can do more than one if you want and if you want to something that isn’t listed go ahead

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

While I love my Ubuntu OS and the security and peace of mind it gives me in a world full of Windows-based malware, I am uncertain about an entire distro with a committed visual theme. I love MLP and Linux, but the idea of any fandom hardcoded into the OS doesn't seem practical.

One other thought: Wouldn't it be a bit simpler to use Puppy Linux for a project like this? Puppy Linux comes is built upon the idea that building a custom OS should be possible for anyone, thus they have tools for quickly piecing together your own distro. May I recommend you look into that?

I applaud your ambition and your love of *nix operating systems. I wish you luck in this project and I hope it works out for you.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

While I love my Ubuntu OS and the security and peace of mind it gives me in a world full of Windows-based malware, I am uncertain about an entire distro with a committed visual theme. I love MLP and Linux, but the idea of any fandom hardcoded into the OS doesn't seem practical.

One other thought: Wouldn't it be a bit simpler to use Puppy Linux for a project like this? Puppy Linux comes is built upon the idea that building a custom OS should be possible for anyone, thus they have tools for quickly piecing together your own distro. May I recommend you look into that?

I applaud your ambition and your love of *nix operating systems. I wish you luck in this project and I hope it works out for you.

Cheers.

Yes I did have a look at puppy linux, it unfortunately wasn’t suited for what I wanted to do