Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Dawn of Heroes RP

Your Nightly Spectre

@@crispy fries

"Just one more thing to do" Richard said as he walked over to the thugs. He quickly and viciously grabbed the thugs by the neck and shoved them against the wall. Richard fangs and claws grew and his eyes went. "If I ever catch you commuting any crime again," he said in an almost demonic voice, "I will not hesitate to end your life." he dropped the thugs and walked past Vazquez. "Let's go."

@@Dapper Charmer,

As he was about to leave, Vazquez suddenly raised his foot as if he were about to kick one of the thugs, but stopped mid motion.

"Made you flinch," he grinned. "C'mon, let's bail."

Vazquez then began to laugh as he walked off into the night, which seemed to echo throughout the alley.

Richard laughed along side Vazquez as they walked into the night. He had all but forgotten how fun it was to have someone along side him. He stopped and turned. "Great work Vazquez," said Richard with a smile, "you really kicked some ass. I hope I didn't freak you out with that whole glowing eyes thing."

@@Dapper Charmer,

"It's a pretty effective shtick you've got going on. Seems like it works well enough to give the general scum of this city a reason to get their underwear dry cleaned. All I can do is break someone's nose with my pinkie finger. Hey, you wanna head back to my place for a couple beers?"

@@crispy fries

Richard smiled, "sounds like fun," he said with a smile. It had been ages since he had hung out with someone. He smiled as he continued walking. Out of all the team members he missed Vazquez the most. He felt that he could tell him anything. Richard stopped, "before we head to your place can I tell you something?"

@@Dapper Charmer,

"Yeah, sure man, go ahead," said Vazquez.

Vazquez always liked Richard as well. He felt like he was the only one who didn't go soft besides him, and that gained him a lot of respect. Plus, they were both the sort of the freak show as thier powers were natural rather than granted by tech.

Edited by crispy fries

@@crispy fries

"Well Vazquez I hope I've told you this before but, your one of my closet friends on the team and I think you have a right to know that..." Richard hesitated. "well when I left the team I did some soul searching and I learnt a lot about myself, including the fact that....." he hesitated again. "gee this is a lot harder to say than I thought."

@@Dapper Charmer,

'Oh my god,' thought Vazquez to himself. 'Is he gonna say he loves me or something?'

"C'mon, man," encouraged Vazquez. "You can say it. Promise not to judge."

He had no idea what exactly Richard was about to say, but what he did know for sure was that it was important.

@@crispy fries

Richard smiled at Vazquez's encouraging words. "Okay, don't ask me why the hell I'm telling you this now, cause I really don't know. But I wanted you to be the first to know that..." Richard took a deep breath in, "I'm gay. There I said it. I understand if would be uncomfortable with hanging with me now that you know."

@@Dapper Charmer.

"Y'know what, if I'm gonna be honest, I thought you were gonna say something like you were in love with me. Guess I wasn't a hundred percent wrong. Anyways, I'm cool with it. I said I wouldn't judge, and I'm not just gonna bitch out on that. I try not to break promises."

@@crispy fries

Richard breathed a sigh of relief. He had successfully come out of the closet a d not been lynch mobbed, "thanks Vazquez, I knew it was the right choice to tell you," Richard said with a smile as he continued walking, "and I'm sorry if I was a bit frantic as I told you. It's my first time telling anyone."

@@Dapper Charmer,

"I guess I can get how that would be hard thing to do. But hey, us freaks gotta stick together right?," said Vazquez as he put his arm around Richard's shoulder. "So... you still up for grabbing a couple beers over at my place?"

It had been a long time since anyone Vazquez could consider a friend had been over.

@@crispy fries

"Are you kidding?! Of course I do," Richard said as he spread his wings and hovered above the ground, "you couldn't stop me if you tried." Richard smiled he was glad that Vazquez was cool about his life choice. "How about a race? Last one to your place has to.....uh......give the winner a foot massage."

@@Dapper Charmer,

"Foot massage?" chuckled Vazquez. "Alright, you're on. My place is that old warehouse by 6th and Dempster. See you there."

With that Vazquez, took off running. He could go decently fast, but not as fast as Richard. Although, he did know the area better as well as some good shortcuts.

@@crispy fries

Richard smiled as Vazquez took off running. He should probably have been mad that Vazquez didn't wait for Richard to start, but then again Vazquez could probably use the head start. Richard took to the sky, he flew up high and took a moment to absorb the feeling of flight before quickly zooming towards Vazquez's house.

@@Dapper Charmer,

After strategically running through a few alleys, Vazquez stopped at a sewer grate, which he removed with ease. He then dropped down into the sewer, which he intended to use a shortcut to his house. While the water wasn't too much of a problem, he was still glad his boots were waterproof.

@@crispy fries

As Richard flew he scanned the streets to try and find Vazquez. But Richard couldn't see him at all. Richard smiled. That sneaky bastard must be in the sewers. Richard looked up ahead and saw his destination. His smiled widened, "looks like I win Vazquez," he said to himself as he neared the house.

@@Dapper Charmer,

Vazquez stopped and climbed out of the sewer, and both Richard and his house were in sight.

"Oh no you don't," said Vazquez as he broke into a full sprint, closing in on the warehouse himself.

This was definitely going to be close, and he wasn't really sure who would win.

@@crispy fries

Richard spotted Vazquez coming out of the sewer and smiled. All he had to do was speed up and he'd win this. Richard started flying faster and passed Vazquez. He turned around to Vazquez as he kept flying. "To slow bro," he said with a grin. Richard turned around just in time to see the wall that he collided into.

@@Dapper Charmer,

Vazquez, distracted by Richard taunting him then hitting a wall, hit the wall himself at full force, creating a loud clang and a dent in the wall.

"Oh man, we both got pasted," laughed Vazquez as he took a moment to straighten himself out. "But I think you got pasted first."

@@crispy fries

Richard laughed along side his friend. "Not arguing with you there," he chuckled as he rubbed his head, "you were pretty fast though. Only lost by that much." Richard walked to the entrance and smiled. "Age before beauty," he said with a grin as he gestured for Vazquez to go first.

@@Dapper Charmer,

"Yeah, yeah," said Vazquez as he walked in and flicked a switch by the door. Several rows of lights came on to reveal the interior of the warehouse. One side was shelves with old boxes, but the other was relatively empty. Off to one side was an old brown couch in front of a tv, and to the other was a fridge along with a few cupboards and a microwave. "Catch!" called Vazquez as he took out a beer from the fridge and tossed it to Richard.

@@crispy fries

Richard caught the bottle and smiled, "thanks," he said as he folded his wings and sat on the couch. He looked around, "so this is where you'be been hiding out," he opened his beer, "not bad." He turned to Vazquez, "but seriously what have you been up to since the team split?"

@@Dapper Charmer,

"Oh, y'know, breaking the faces and other assorted bones of anyone who fucks with justice. Pretty much the same thing you've been doing," said Vazquez as he hopped onto the couch. "Hey, do I still have to give you that foot massage because you got here first?"

@@crispy fries

Richard thought about it for a while. If he'd been running as a posed to flying he might need a foot rub but since he hasn't. "Nah, you don't have to do that. Unless you really want to," he chuckled, "so tell me Vazquez, you seeing anyone?" Richard asked out of pure curiosity.