Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could Sunset Shimmer have been Twilight's mentor if she never left?

TheMarkz0ne

In an alternate reality, where Sunset Shimmer apologized to Celestia and went back to finishing her apprenticeship with her, could Sunset Shimmer have been Twilight's teacher?

In the comic canon, Twilight was a filly, while Shimmer was a young mare. Instead of Celestia taking Twilight under her wing, you think Celestia would have trusted Sunset Shimmer to raise the over-powered  filly? Makes an interesting what if universe. Who would have been the element of magic. Could Sunset Shimmer and Celestia have stopped Nightmare Moon first?

Anything's possible in the world of FIM. Changing one scenario can have a huge effect on that world as a whole, and that's something Season 6 should try and explore. Alternate universes are fun, for example, imagine a version of that universe where Discord, Chrysalis, Sombra and Tirek rule Equestria and all of it's surrounding nations. Amazing.

I certainly believe Sunset would have been trusted to raise Twilight and would have helped stopped Nightmare Moon. Sunset would likely not be the element of magic, and that role would belong to Twilight still, but she would be trained by Sunset up until Season 4, if we change that event.

Anything's possible in the world of FIM. Changing one scenario can have a huge effect on that world as a whole, and that's something Season 6 should try and explore. Alternate universes are fun, for example, imagine a version of that universe where Discord, Chrysalis, Sombra and Tirek rule Equestria and all of it's surrounding nations. Amazing.

I certainly believe Sunset would have been trusted to raise Twilight and would have helped stopped Nightmare Moon. Sunset would likely not be the element of magic, and that role would belong to Twilight still, but she would be trained by Sunset up until Season 4, if we change that event.

There would have been 5 alicorns, because Sunset Shimmer would have achieved that state before Twilight.

• 3 months later...

It really seems interesting to imagine the whole world playing out that way but it makes you think how many of the episodes would've changed and how much, not to say that Twilight's relationship with the rest of the Mane 6 could have been a little more different were Sunset Shimmer present during these times. But that's just me. Take for example the episode where the Mane 6 had to defeat Nightmare Moon with the Elements of Harmony and restore her back to Luna. Lots of things could've happened, from Sunset protecting Celestia(or attempting to) or having collected the Elements and giving them to the girls, thus stopping Nightmare Moon faster. Of course my memory is foggy and I might've gotten some little detail here and there mistaken and forgotten, but that's how I see it.

:lol:

• Brohoof 1

I've always seen Sunny as being older than Twi, so I do think it would've been possible that she would've been Twi's mentor if she'd realized the error of her ways sooner

(edited)

It really seems interesting to imagine the whole world playing out that way but it makes you think how many of the episodes would've changed and how much, not to say that Twilight's relationship with the rest of the Mane 6 could have been a little more different were Sunset Shimmer present during these times. But that's just me. Take for example the episode where the Mane 6 had to defeat Nightmare Moon with the Elements of Harmony and restore her back to Luna. Lots of things could've happened, from Sunset protecting Celestia(or attempting to) or having collected the Elements and giving them to the girls, thus stopping Nightmare Moon faster. Of course my memory is foggy and I might've gotten some little detail here and there mistaken and forgotten, but that's how I see it.

:lol:

I once read a fanfic where Sunset never left but got jealous and was self center and tried finding the elements on her own. she ultimately cause ll the 'trials' the mane six had to face. was pretty funny. Although also had Rainbow as the element of magic so yeah.

Edited by BlinkZ
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how much far ago Sunset Shimmer was Celestia's student she could of been a student over 200 years ago since going to the human world their ages are offset strangely like how Big Mac is only old enough to be a student but Cheerilee is a teacher when in Equestria they seem to be paired together (maybe Big Mac is younger than Cheerilee as I have no clue on that either but I always felt they pair couples close to age in cartoons generally). 

Who knows what the age gap is between Sunset Shimmer and Twilight. Besides it was Twilight that became Sunset Shimmer's mentor and idol on the other hand.

Edited by cider float