Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What Region of the U.S., Canada, or the World Do You Live In? (Poll)

Flutterbattyyy

Where do you live?  

102 users have voted

1. 1. What region in the U.S. do you live in? (You can select more than one.)

• Pacific Northwest
    • Southwest
    • Southeast
    • Northeast / New England
    • Midwest
    • Great Plains
    • Rocky Mountains
    • Alaska/Hawaii
    • Other U.S. Territory
    • N/A
  2. 2. What U.S. state do you live in? (If not, select N/A.)

• Alabama
    • Alaska
    • Arizona
    • Arkansas
    • California
    • Colorado
    • Connecticut
    • Delaware
    • Florida
    • Georgia
    • Hawaii
    • Idaho
    • Illinois
    • Indiana
    • Iowa
    • Kansas
    • Kentucky
    • Louisiana
    • Maine
    • Maryland
    • Massachusetts
    • Michigan
    • Minnesota
    • Mississippi
    • Missouri
    • Montana
    • Nebraska
    • Nevada
    • New Hampshire
    • New Jersey
    • New Mexico
    • New York
    • North Carolina
    • North Dakota
    • Ohio
    • Oklahoma
    • Oregon
    • Pennsylvania
    • Rhode Island
    • South Carolina
    • South Dakota
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Utah
    • Vermont
    • Virginia
    • Washington
    • West Virginia
    • Wisconsin
    • Wyoming
    • Other U.S. Territory
    • N/A
  3. 3. What region in Canada do you live in? (If not, select N/A.)

• Pacific Northwest / West
    • Central
    • Eastern
    • Northern
    • Rocky Mountains
    • N/A
  4. 4. What province in Canada do you live in? (If not, select N/A.)

• Alberta
    • British Columbia
    • Manitoba
    • New Brunswick
    • Newfoundland and Labrador
    • Nova Scotia
    • Ontario
    • Prince Edward Island
    • Quebec
    • Saskatchewan
    • Northwest Territories
    • Nunavut
    • Yukon
    • N/A
  5. 5. What region in the world do you live in?

• Europe
    • Central America
    • South America
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • Oceania / Australia
    • Antarctica
    • North America
    • Other
    • N/A (I'm a Martian!)
  6. 6. If in Europe, what region? (If not, select N/A.)

• British Isles
    • Northern Europe
    • Western Europe
    • Southern Europe
    • Eastern Europe
    • N/A
  7. 7. What environment do you live in?

• The inner city
    • Suburban area
    • Rural / Farmlands
    • Small Town (that is not part of a larger city)
    • Mountainous wilderness / Frontier
    • Research center (or other base)
  8. 8. Where would you live or visit in Equestria if given the chance? (Or outside Equestria?)

• Luna Northwest (North Luna Ocean is next to Vanhoover, Tall Tale, and Seaddle)
    • Southwest (Los Pegasus, San Palomino Desert, etc.)
    • Southeast (Badlands, Forbidden Jungle, Haysead Swamps)
    • Northeast (Manehattan, Filly Delphia, Baltimare, Neighagra Falls)
    • Central (Canterlot, Ponyville, Everfree Forest, Cloudsdale, Everfree Forest)
    • The Crystal Empire
    • The Frozen North / Yakyakistan (Mount Everhoof, Crystal Mountains, etc.)
    • Griffonstone
    • Bug Bear Territory (N. of Griffonstone)
    • Dragon's Lair
    • Saddle Arabia
    • Undiscovered West
    • Arimaspi Territory / Mysterious South
    • Other
    • None
  9. 9. If in Europe, what country do you live in? (If not, choose N/A)

• Albania
    • Andorra
    • Armenia
    • Austria
    • Azerbaijan
    • Belarus
    • Belgium
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
    • Bulgaria
    • Croatia
    • Cyprus
    • Czech Republic
    • Denmark
    • Estonia
    • Finland
    • France ("Prance")
    • Georgia
    • Germaney
    • Greece
    • Hungary
    • Iceland
    • Ireland
    • Italy
    • Kazakhstan
    • Kosovo
    • Latvia
    • Liechtenstein
    • Lithuania
    • Luxembourg
    • Macedonia
    • Malta
    • Moldova
    • Monaco
    • Montenegro
    • Netherlands
    • Norway
    • Poland
    • Portugal
    • Romania
    • Russia
    • San Marino
    • Serbia
    • Slovakia
    • Slovenia
    • Spain
    • Sweden
    • Switzerland
    • Turkey
    • Ukraine
    • United Kingdom (UK)
    • Vatican City
    • N/A
  10. 10. Where in Australia and/or Oceania do you live in? (If not applicable, select N/A)

• Australia
    • Fiji
    • Kiribati
    • Marshall Islands
    • Micronesia
    • Nauru
    • New Zealand
    • Palau
    • Papua New Guinea
    • Samoa
    • Solomon Islands
    • Tonga
    • Tuvalu
    • Vanuatu
    • Dependent Territory
    • N/A

What region of the world do you live in? Just curious as to where most members of MLP Forums lives.  :fluttershy:

Choose N/A if the question doesn't apply to you. Some questions have more than one possible answer, so answer the ones that you feel works for you. I know that the U.S. and Canada have many different ways to divide them into regions, so I gave the option to select more than one choice if you wish.

The poll is broken down into the U.S. states and regions, Canadian states and regions, European regions, and world continents.

Choose more than one if you are away for college or temporarily living somewhere else. If you want to, that is. 

I would have loved to put every country and place on the poll, but that would take waaay too long. I hope I was thorough enough. XD

-----

I've always lived in Oregon, but I'm currently in Oklahoma for college. My favorite state is Washington, hooves down. :squee:

Map I used for Europe:

sig-4466250.sig-4466250.d17d110dcc23ca84

Map of Equestria:

sig-4466250.sig-4466250.eq_map.jpg

Edited by Elemental Fluttershy
  • Brohoof 4

Can we get other countries too (you did list all the states of the US? Living in Czech Republic - feasible. Living in Hungary? Hell to the no. I feel some more distinction would be necessary as those places are VASTLY different.

Edited by ARagY

I live in Oklahoma. I've never known which region it's supposed to be a part of, and a Google search of the US regions only made me more confused, because pretty much every single region map said different. >.> So... I voted "N/A".

Really wanting to move somewhere where the weather is nicer, like in the North/Northeast. I have had it with Oklahoma. I can't take it anymore.

Born in Philly and raised back and forth between small town PA and New Jersey, Long Beach Island specifically. Not sure what to make of my experience individually just that on L.B.I. time seems almost frozen. Not a lot of big chain stores and life there is generally very slow. (And I don't mean that in a bad way.)

Born and raised in the Los Angeles suburbs of Southern California, but I will be moving out to Colorado soon. I'll miss California, but I can't wait to get out of these suburbs. I hate the suburbs. 

The US state of Mane.

Oh, and there is kinda an omission in the list:

You have city, suburb, and rural, but no small town option. Many of us live in towns that aren't suburbs (IE not a part of or on the outside of a city. For instance I live in a town on an island with no associated city).

And Mane has an "i" in your poll, for some odd raisin. ;)

• Brohoof 3

The US state of Mane.

Oh, and there is kinda an omission in the list:

You have city, suburb, and rural, but no small town option. Many of us live in towns that aren't suburbs (IE not a part of or on the outside of a city. For instance I live in a town on an island with no associated city).

And Mane has an "i" in your poll, for some odd raisin. ;)

Oops, thanks! I missed that option. 

I added "small town" as an option. :)

Mane, hehe. XD 

That is how it should be called.  ^_^

I live in Oklahoma. I've never known which region it's supposed to be a part of, and a Google search of the US regions only made me more confused, because pretty much every single region map said different. >.> So... I voted "N/A".

Really wanting to move somewhere where the weather is nicer, like in the North/Northeast. I have had it with Oklahoma. I can't take it anymore.

Eastern Washington has some nice cities with great weather. Little rain, sunny weather, not too unbearably hot (like in California), and beautifully maintained cities. Ellensburg, the Tri-Cities, and Wenatchee are really nice.

I live in North America, in that country which is not the USA or Canada: Mexico!

Also, we got a Martian! Matt Damon is a brony confirmed.

• Brohoof 1

Eastern Washington has some nice cities with great weather. Little rain, sunny weather, not too unbearably hot (like in California), and beautifully maintained cities. Ellensburg, the Tri-Cities, and Wenatchee are really nice.

Actually those cities can get pretty hot in the summer, but they're less humid than California. The Tri-Cities is basically sagebrush, as is a lot of eastern WA.

Ech. Never a fan of these as they always go into great detail about states across North America, whilst lumping the rest of the world into larger groupings. We get it, you have a population of 319(USA) and (35) million, a bunch of states, and a large area of land.

It should only be fair that if you go into such detail about one country, you should go into equal detail for the rest of the world. France and Germany are as different to each other as Canada and the US. Likely even more so. As with China and Japan(lumped into 'Asia'), or Egypt and Johannesburg(lumped into Africa), Australia and Papua New Guinea(lumped into Oceania/Australia), and so on so forth.

This is a good thread and at least some consideration has been taken towards the non-American population, and maybe as a non-American I feel a little salty about it, but I still feel like it's a case of "Where in America do you live, or do you live somewhere else?". Makes us feel a little minimised is all. If it was just asking about specifics across America, it'd be fine. Or if it reduced everything to a country-by-country basis.

To properly contribute to the thread, this post comes to you from an Australian in the Northern Territory. I won't select the option in the poll, just because I want to drive in the point that I'm not a New Zealander, Indonesian, Papua New Guinean, etc.

Edited by Unikitty
  • Brohoof 2

Eh. I'd rather avoid the West coast... Volcanoes and earthquakes, plus generally milder weather. I belong toward the Northeast, at least Michigan. Actually, I'm very much thinking Michigan, itself right now.

I live in Illinois in the Chicago area. It's full of crime, corrupt politicians, hit or miss sports teams, fickle weather, and corn fields. Lots of corn fields. 

In America at least, you've never seen real Winter until you've come to Chicago. We're wearing jackets in 10 degree weather.

• Brohoof 3

Ech. Never a fan of these as they always go into great detail about states across North America, whilst lumping the rest of the world into larger groupings. We get it, you have a population of 319(USA) and (35) million, a bunch of states, and a large area of land.

It should only be fair that if you go into such detail about one country, you should go into equal detail for the rest of the world. France and Germany are as different to each other as Canada and the US. Likely even more so. As with China and Japan(lumped into 'Asia'), or Egypt and Johannesburg(lumped into Africa), Australia and Papua New Guinea(lumped into Oceania/Australia), and so on so forth.

This is a good thread and at least some consideration has been taken towards the non-American population, and maybe as a non-American I feel a little salty about it, but I still feel like it's a case of "Where in America do you live, or do you live somewhere else?". Makes us feel a little minimised is all. If it was just asking about specifics across America, it'd be fine. Or if it reduced everything to a country-by-country basis.

To properly contribute to the thread, this post comes to you from an Australian in the Northern Territory. I won't select the option in the poll, just because I want to drive in the point that I'm not a New Zealander, Indonesian, Papua New Guinean, etc.

This xD

Someone gets mee

If its too much to have a poll on mlp with all the countries like you have the states, then why not use  a Google form?

Edited by ARagY
  • Brohoof 1

Midwestern Earth Pony from Illinois!  I'm one of those that wouldn't mind if Chicago became it's own state, though, they definitely do not represent the rest of Illinois, yet it seems like all politics have to flow through them.  I'm hoping to save up enough to move even further away then the suburbs in a year or two.

• Brohoof 1

Well i am from Denmark.. Wich is between Britain and sweeden.

I Was a bit toren about the equestria go to.. I ended up choosing center, because there Where more choices i liked, but i Was thinking about the frozen north, since me (and My sona) loooves snow, and especally ice <3

Edited by SaraEH
  • Brohoof 1

I don't know if I'd define where I live as inner city or suburban. I live in a part of NYC with a higher population density than the average suburb, but very few apartment buildings, mostly town houses.

I defined it as "inner city" because it would be defined as such statistically.

(edited)

Eh. I'd rather avoid the West coast... Volcanoes and earthquakes, plus generally milder weather. I belong toward the Northeast, at least Michigan. Actually, I'm very much thinking Michigan, itself right now.

Michigan seems like a nice place. It kinda seems like the place I live in Oregon, actually. Similar greenery and such.

Here is my city, Happy Valley. It's a great place to live–-peaceful, well-maintained, beautiful views... a great little city. :squee:

sig-4468283.1920px-Mount_Scott_and_Happy

We don't have to worry about volcanoes here, haha. The only major city to be threatened by a volcano is Tacoma, Washington. All the other cities, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, Bend, Bellingham, etc, aren't in the path of volcanoes. In Portland, we have epic views of Mt. Hood and St. Helens, but their "flow" paths don't even pass close to the city. Mt. Hood's lahar flow path flows down the Sandy River–well away from Portland. Mount St. Helens also doesn't pose any threat to major cities.

Earthquakes, yeah... they are something to be concerned about. California gets a lot of them. In Oregon and Washington, we don't really have earthquakes. I am not absolutely positive on this, but I am pretty sure the NW is the safest region in the U.S. to live in, when talking about natural disasters. We don't get those crazy weather patterns, earthquakes, or ice that other places get. 

The climate here is quite similar to New York, actually. Same amount of rain, sunny days, etc. 

I've always wanted to visit Michigan. Looks beautiful, for sure. ^_^

I am in Oklahoma for college right now, so first year experiencing the Oklahoma weather here! XD

This xD

Someone gets mee

If its too much to have a poll on mlp with all the countries like you have the states, then why not use  a Google form?

Fiiiiiiiine. I went and added in Europe and Australia/Oceania. But I ran out of questions to add (limit of 10), so I can't do Asia, S. America, or Africa, sadly. 

No offense intended. Europe and Australia are cool places with unique countries, for sure. I just ran out of time to create the poll and/or got lazy. :P

Edited by Elemental Fluttershy

Michigan seems like a nice place. It kinda seems like the place I live in Oregon, actually. Similar greenery and such.

Here is my city, Happy Valley. It's a great place to live–-peaceful, well-maintained, beautiful views... a great little city. :squee:

sig-4468283.sig-4468283.1920px-Mount_Sco

We don't have to worry about volcanoes here, haha. The only major city to be threatened by a volcano is Tacoma, Washington. All the other cities, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, Bend, Bellingham, etc, aren't in the path of volcanoes. In Portland, we have epic views of Mt. Hood and St. Helens, but their "flow" paths don't even pass close to the city. Mt. Hood's lahar flow path flows down the Sandy River–well away from Portland. Mount St. Helens also doesn't pose any threat to major cities.

Earthquakes, yeah... they are something to be concerned about. California gets a lot of them. In Oregon and Washington, we don't really have earthquakes. I am not absolutely positive on this, but I am pretty sure the NW is the safest region in the U.S. to live in, when talking about natural disasters. We don't get those crazy weather patterns, earthquakes, or ice that other places get. 

The climate here is quite similar to New York, actually. Same amount of rain, sunny days, etc. 

I've always wanted to visit Michigan. Looks beautiful, for sure. ^_^

I am in Oklahoma for college right now, so first year experiencing the Oklahoma weather here! XD

Fiiiiiiiine. I went and added in Europe and Australia/Oceania. But I ran out of questions to add (limit of 10), so I can't do Asia, S. America, or Africa, sadly. 

No offense intended. Europe and Australia are cool places with unique countries, for sure. I just ran out of time to create the poll and/or got lazy. :P

That is a wonderful view ;3