Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What Region of the U.S., Canada, or the World Do You Live In? (Poll)

Flutterbattyyy

Where do you live?  

102 users have voted

1. 1. What region in the U.S. do you live in? (You can select more than one.)

• Pacific Northwest
    • Southwest
    • Southeast
    • Northeast / New England
    • Midwest
    • Great Plains
    • Rocky Mountains
    • Alaska/Hawaii
    • Other U.S. Territory
    • N/A
  2. 2. What U.S. state do you live in? (If not, select N/A.)

• Alabama
    • Alaska
    • Arizona
    • Arkansas
    • California
    • Colorado
    • Connecticut
    • Delaware
    • Florida
    • Georgia
    • Hawaii
    • Idaho
    • Illinois
    • Indiana
    • Iowa
    • Kansas
    • Kentucky
    • Louisiana
    • Maine
    • Maryland
    • Massachusetts
    • Michigan
    • Minnesota
    • Mississippi
    • Missouri
    • Montana
    • Nebraska
    • Nevada
    • New Hampshire
    • New Jersey
    • New Mexico
    • New York
    • North Carolina
    • North Dakota
    • Ohio
    • Oklahoma
    • Oregon
    • Pennsylvania
    • Rhode Island
    • South Carolina
    • South Dakota
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Utah
    • Vermont
    • Virginia
    • Washington
    • West Virginia
    • Wisconsin
    • Wyoming
    • Other U.S. Territory
    • N/A
  3. 3. What region in Canada do you live in? (If not, select N/A.)

• Pacific Northwest / West
    • Central
    • Eastern
    • Northern
    • Rocky Mountains
    • N/A
  4. 4. What province in Canada do you live in? (If not, select N/A.)

• Alberta
    • British Columbia
    • Manitoba
    • New Brunswick
    • Newfoundland and Labrador
    • Nova Scotia
    • Ontario
    • Prince Edward Island
    • Quebec
    • Saskatchewan
    • Northwest Territories
    • Nunavut
    • Yukon
    • N/A
  5. 5. What region in the world do you live in?

• Europe
    • Central America
    • South America
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • Oceania / Australia
    • Antarctica
    • North America
    • Other
    • N/A (I'm a Martian!)
  6. 6. If in Europe, what region? (If not, select N/A.)

• British Isles
    • Northern Europe
    • Western Europe
    • Southern Europe
    • Eastern Europe
    • N/A
  7. 7. What environment do you live in?

• The inner city
    • Suburban area
    • Rural / Farmlands
    • Small Town (that is not part of a larger city)
    • Mountainous wilderness / Frontier
    • Research center (or other base)
  8. 8. Where would you live or visit in Equestria if given the chance? (Or outside Equestria?)

• Luna Northwest (North Luna Ocean is next to Vanhoover, Tall Tale, and Seaddle)
    • Southwest (Los Pegasus, San Palomino Desert, etc.)
    • Southeast (Badlands, Forbidden Jungle, Haysead Swamps)
    • Northeast (Manehattan, Filly Delphia, Baltimare, Neighagra Falls)
    • Central (Canterlot, Ponyville, Everfree Forest, Cloudsdale, Everfree Forest)
    • The Crystal Empire
    • The Frozen North / Yakyakistan (Mount Everhoof, Crystal Mountains, etc.)
    • Griffonstone
    • Bug Bear Territory (N. of Griffonstone)
    • Dragon's Lair
    • Saddle Arabia
    • Undiscovered West
    • Arimaspi Territory / Mysterious South
    • Other
    • None
  9. 9. If in Europe, what country do you live in? (If not, choose N/A)

• Albania
    • Andorra
    • Armenia
    • Austria
    • Azerbaijan
    • Belarus
    • Belgium
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
    • Bulgaria
    • Croatia
    • Cyprus
    • Czech Republic
    • Denmark
    • Estonia
    • Finland
    • France ("Prance")
    • Georgia
    • Germaney
    • Greece
    • Hungary
    • Iceland
    • Ireland
    • Italy
    • Kazakhstan
    • Kosovo
    • Latvia
    • Liechtenstein
    • Lithuania
    • Luxembourg
    • Macedonia
    • Malta
    • Moldova
    • Monaco
    • Montenegro
    • Netherlands
    • Norway
    • Poland
    • Portugal
    • Romania
    • Russia
    • San Marino
    • Serbia
    • Slovakia
    • Slovenia
    • Spain
    • Sweden
    • Switzerland
    • Turkey
    • Ukraine
    • United Kingdom (UK)
    • Vatican City
    • N/A
  10. 10. Where in Australia and/or Oceania do you live in? (If not applicable, select N/A)

• Australia
    • Fiji
    • Kiribati
    • Marshall Islands
    • Micronesia
    • Nauru
    • New Zealand
    • Palau
    • Papua New Guinea
    • Samoa
    • Solomon Islands
    • Tonga
    • Tuvalu
    • Vanuatu
    • Dependent Territory
    • N/A

I'm a Canadian who lives in the province of Ontario.

I know there are more Ontario Bronies on the forums. They need to fill themselves in the poll so I'm not alone in this, lol.

As for living in Equestria, I would say Ponyville. As my OC may like the suburban peace in the area, and would make good friends/neighbours with Octavia and Vinyl.

As for visiting Equestria (and surrounding territories), pretty much everywhere. Because in reality (on Earth), I want to travel as much as possible. So my OC would do the same for Equestria and the surrounding territories. My OC and I love travelling and going on adventures.

Edited by Jonny Music
  • Brohoof 1

Michigan seems like a nice place. It kinda seems like the place I live in Oregon, actually. Similar greenery and such.

Here is my city, Happy Valley. It's a great place to live–-peaceful, well-maintained, beautiful views... a great little city. :squee:

sig-4468391.sig-4468283.sig-4468283.1920

We don't have to worry about volcanoes here, haha. The only major city to be threatened by a volcano is Tacoma, Washington. All the other cities, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, Bend, Bellingham, etc, aren't in the path of volcanoes. In Portland, we have epic views of Mt. Hood and St. Helens, but their "flow" paths don't even pass close to the city. Mt. Hood's lahar flow path flows down the Sandy River–well away from Portland. Mount St. Helens also doesn't pose any threat to major cities.

Earthquakes, yeah... they are something to be concerned about. California gets a lot of them. In Oregon and Washington, we don't really have earthquakes. I am not absolutely positive on this, but I am pretty sure the NW is the safest region in the U.S. to live in, when talking about natural disasters. We don't get those crazy weather patterns, earthquakes, or ice that other places get. 

The climate here is quite similar to New York, actually. Same amount of rain, sunny days, etc. 

I've always wanted to visit Michigan. Looks beautiful, for sure. ^_^

I don't trust the area, in general.

You seem to be under the impression that I want sun. I don't. I don't at all. I hate sunny weather. It's too bright, and it's too hot.

I want a reverse climate of Oklahoma. You know, in Oklahoma most of the year it's hot. Hot days start in March, if not earlier, and become constant by May (unless we're lucky, a couple of years ago it did in early May lol). Look at next week, all mid 80s. It isn't even May yet. Yuck.

I want Springs to be, I don't know, actually Spring-like. Actually enjoyable. Actually nice weather. High temperatures primarily in the 50s and 60s, maybe some 40s. If one season has to be cut short, it should be summer. I have had enough summer to last a lifetime.

This is why (among other reasons) I veer North and East, as opposed to Northwest.

Right now, Michigan looks perfect to me. I thought Maine previously, but now I'm all over Michigan for school reasons, as well. It gives me an excuse to actually move up North, too. =DDD

I am in Oklahoma for college right now, so first year experiencing the Oklahoma weather here! XD

If you don't mind me asking, where? (And what on earth brought you to this miserable state?!) You can answer privately if you don't want to reveal it in public. It just depends on which section of the state you live in. I think the Western part of the state had a couple of decent winter storms this winter, but the Northeast. We got nothing. Nothing at all. It was pathetic. Even residents of the Florida would have thought that was nothing (except for maybe that one night it got down to 12. One night, though.)

Edited by Envy

(edited)

I don't trust the area, in general.

You seem to be under the impression that I want sun. I don't. I don't at all. I hate sunny weather. It's too bright, and it's too hot.

I want a reverse climate of Oklahoma. You know, in Oklahoma most of the year it's hot. Hot days start in March, if not earlier, and become constant by May (unless we're lucky, a couple of years ago it did in early May lol). Look at next week, all mid 80s. It isn't even May yet. Yuck.

I want Springs to be, I don't know, actually Spring-like. Actually enjoyable. Actually nice weather. High temperatures primarily in the 50s and 60s, maybe some 40s. If one season has to be cut short, it should be summer. I have had enough summer to last a lifetime.

This is why (among other reasons) I veer North and East, as opposed to Northwest.

Right now, Michigan looks perfect to me. I thought Maine previously, but now I'm all over Michigan for school reasons, as well. It gives me an excuse to actually move up North, too. =DDD

If you don't mind me asking, where? (And what on earth brought you to this miserable state?!) You can answer privately if you don't want to reveal it in public. It just depends on which section of the state you live in. I think the Western part of the state had a couple of decent winter storms this winter, but the Northeast. We got nothing. Nothing at all. It was pathetic. Even residents of the Florida would have thought that was nothing (except for maybe that one night it got down to 12. One night, though.)

Well, I'm sure then that Michigan is perfect, then. =D

In the western side of Oregon and Washington, our hot, sunny weather months are July, August, and September. Sometimes Mid-June as well. Can get up to 100 on some days, but tends to stay around 80-95°. The rest of the year is cool, with springtimes between 60-75°. Winters are around 30-45° and lots of rain. I also hate the summer heat and prefer colder weather. (One of the reasons I would love to live in Alaska. :squee: ) 

I am studying at a Christian college just north of Oklahoma City. I came because it has a good graphic design program and because a few of my friends convinced me to come here, haha. I like it here so far, but the humidity and heat in the early fall was just horrible. I hate the fact that there aren't any mountains, forests, and such here, but I can endure it until I go back to the NW in summer. Would be nice to have recycling here–where I'm from we're used to recycling and such.

Hiking in the PNW is just absolutely beautiful. The PNW mountains get the most snow in the world. Mount Rainier in WA had held the world record for snowfall for years, but was surpassed by Mount Baker in northern WA for the world record. Over 1400 inches of snowfall in Mount Rainier, Washington! 0_0

If you ever get the chance to visit Washington, I'd highly recommend Mount Rainier National Park. Excellent any time of the year to visit. Deep snow in Winter; radiant fall colors in Autumn, glorious wildflower displays in Spring, and majestic views in summer. =D

Some Mount Rainier pics in fall, winter, spring, and summer:

Fall-in-paradise-mount-rainier-national-

r4.jpg

bzvtOHe.jpg

Winter%252520Dreams%25252C%252520Paradis

craig-tuttle-first-winter-snow-at-mount-

Take a look at this picture below. Crazy deep snow!  :o

image.jpg

Paradise, Mount Rainier National Park. NPS.

Edited by Elemental Fluttershy
  • Brohoof 1

I am studying at a Christian college just north of Oklahoma City. I came because it has a good graphic design program and because a few of my friends convinced me to come here, haha. I like it here so far, but the humidity and heat in the early fall was just horrible. I hate the fact that there aren't any mountains, forests, and such here, but I can endure it until I go back to the NW in summer. Would be nice to have recycling here–where I'm from we're used to recycling and such.

Hm... I think I've heard of Christian universities around. I would never be able to stand going to one of them, myself. I still can't imagine you had to come all of the way to a Christian university in Oklahoma for that! Interesting.

As much as I hate to admit it, there are some pretty parts of Oklahoma. They just don't exist from Oklahoma City to the east. Back during a summer in high school my parents took me out to Western Oklahoma. There are dunes, mesas, and even an area that's all salt. It was actually very interesting!

I am not an outdoors person, though... So actually, the lack of things to see outdoors doesn't bother me much. It's too darn hot and bright around here to spend time outside anyway. (Oh, and the bugs. OMG. BUGS. No.)

My family recycles... Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're meaning by that. We have a place to take our cans and plastic bottles to.

Well, I'm sure then that Michigan is perfect, then. =D

In the western side of Oregon and Washington, our hot, sunny weather months are July, August, and September. Sometimes Mid-June as well. Can get up to 100 on some days, but tends to stay around 80-95°. The rest of the year is cool, with springtimes between 60-75°. Winters are around 30-45° and lots of rain. I also hate the summer heat and prefer colder weather. (One of the reasons I would love to live in Alaska. :squee: )

I am studying at a Christian college just north of Oklahoma City. I came because it has a good graphic design program and because a few of my friends convinced me to come here, haha. I like it here so far, but the humidity and heat in the early fall was just horrible. I hate the fact that there aren't any mountains, forests, and such here, but I can endure it until I go back to the NW in summer. Would be nice to have recycling here–where I'm from we're used to recycling and such.

Hiking in the PNW is just absolutely beautiful. The PNW mountains get the most snow in the world. Mount Rainier in WA had held the world record for snowfall for years, but was surpassed by Mount Baker in northern WA for the world record. Over 1400 inches of snowfall in Mount Rainier, Washington! 0_0

If you ever get the chance to visit Washington, I'd highly recommend Mount Rainier National Park. Excellent any time of the year to visit. Deep snow in Winter; radiant fall colors in Autumn, glorious wildflower displays in Spring, and majestic views in summer. =D

Some Mount Rainier pics in fall, winter, spring, and summer:

sig-4468684.Fall-in-paradise-mount-raini

sig-4468684.r4.jpg

sig-4468684.bzvtOHe.jpg

sig-4468684.Winter%2520Dreams%252C%2520P

sig-4468684.craig-tuttle-first-winter-sn

Take a look at this picture below. Crazy deep snow! :o

sig-4468684.image.jpg

Paradise, Mount Rainier National Park. NPS.

As someone who lives in Ilinois, I grew up liking the exact opposite weather due to how harsh our Winters got (and being an outside person). However, when I had to spend a Summer in Tennesse where it was near 100 every day, I was thinking, "How do people live like this?" Though their Winters are more my speed. I have trouble dealing with tempempratures below 32, and the Winters there were like 40.

And I've been to Michigan, it s very beautiful and full of nature.

• Brohoof 1

Here is my city, Happy Valley. It's a great place to live–-peaceful, well-maintained, beautiful views... a great little citysig-4468283.sig-4468283.1920px-Mount_Sco

Makes me wish I had your trees

sig-4471009.3606833830_c8e0f078ec_b.jpg

Though this picture is pretty, your environment looks a lot prettier than my environment. I guess that's what I get for living in a large city, i'm from a suburb of Austin TX west of the city

Edited by Treeclimbyou
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Makes me wish I had your trees

sig-4471009.sig-4471009.3606833830_c8e0f

Though this picture is pretty, your environment looks a lot prettier than my environment. I guess that's what I get for living in a large city, i'm from a suburb of Austin TX west of the city

Your city looks nice and green. :)  I first thought it was somewhere in the Midwest–I had no idea Texas was that green. Love the greenery!  ^_^

Here is a view from my street. Mount Hood is always in view. The sunrises are quite amazing.

HVview.jpg

Here is it in the fall. This is a view of the center of Happy Valley, but we live on the outskirts. The hill in the background is Mount Scott, an extinct volcano. All of Happy Valley is actually built atop old, extinct and overlapping volcanoes.  :o

I am not home to take a photo, so a stock photo will have to do. XD

happy_valley.jpg

Edited by Elemental Fluttershy
  • Brohoof 1

British Isles includes Eire?

*draws breath through teeth*

Careful with that :)

I know what you mean though, but I'm sure Eire/Ireland would prefer to be named separately.

(We haven't "owned" Ireland for quite a while now ;) )

• Brohoof 1

I live in the British Isles!

I used to live in Scotland, as I was born there. But my accent has been long since lost to England.

I cry every time.

British Isles includes Eire?

*draws breath through teeth*

Careful with that :)

I know what you mean though, but I'm sure Eire/Ireland would prefer to be named separately.

(We haven't "owned" Ireland for quite a while now ;) )

Oh god you found me

Hi Dawny :)

• Brohoof 1

Your city looks nice and green.  I first thought it was somewhere in the Midwest–I had no idea Texas was that green. Love the greenery! 

Austin is kind of the intersection between the pine woods of east Texas and the dry deserts of west Texas

I live in Sugar Land (southwest Houston a few miles away from downtown), Texas (TX), in the southwest region, the United States of America. The continent I live is North America.

I live in Germany. 

And if i would want to live in Equestria, i would probably choose the Central, so that im far away, from the dangerous outlands and forests. At least i think, the central is safe.

I live in a small Town.

• 2 weeks later...

I was born near London and progressively moved further north, I now live in the east-Midlands. One of the few English Bronies on here :)

• Brohoof 1

I live in Quebec, I am native from Quebec and I think that i'm the only Brony from Quebec who is regularly active on these forums. I also wish that more people from my province join this place so I can feel less alone here.