Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread The state of the Brony fandom (Numbers, Popularly, Future)

Skar

Hello everypony, Skar here.

You know I kind of wonder where this fandom is going. We've had a large impact on the internet, that's for sure. No matter what you do Ponies some how sneak there way into non-pony things. Now the one thing I want to bring up is...

Will we change the world and become a way of life or will we forever be that creepy little part of the internet that the "normal people" don't dare to enter? Will we be here to stay for years, maybe decades, to come or will we die out soon? Can WE really make a difference?

For me, yes. I do believe we can, with enough willpower and determination, change the world for the better. As long as we keep strong and stay brony, we can make this fandom grow and live long. If you're scared of being made fun of or shunned, don't be. Let the world know that YOU are a brony. We must leave the shadows and show the world that we exist. If there's a hater, love and tolerate the buck out of him or her. Don't be afraid! Feel proud to be a brony!

Anti-bronies say that we are a plague on the internet, but isn't the internet the plague itself?

• Brohoof 10

(edited)

To the shitter.

But seriously, I know we're declining. Bronies gone haters are spreading like wild-fire due to the "naughty" side of our fandom.

Don't get me wrong though, I am a supporter of our "naughty" side. I'm just saying it how it is.

EDIT:

Once we get rid of that dang rule 34 crap, THEN we can begin world domination.

THIS.

This is the reason people are beginning to hate bronies.

People like this who claim to love and tolerate, but then hate our OWN fandom for liking something we disprove of.

I'm seriously disappointed with ANYONE who thinks like this.

Edited by Crona
  • Brohoof 8

(edited)

We have taken over the newspaper, the internet, and soon THE WORLD.

In all serious though, we are growing bigger every day. I'm not to surprised when I run into another brony somewhere. Our kind has our own style and we are building our culture.

Edited by VioletLinked

(edited)

Once we get rid of that dang rule 34 crap, THEN we can begin world domination.

edit:

after i posted, i realized i dun goofed. i apologize for any rustled jimmies.

what i was TRYING to say was basically restating what was already said- the *naughty* side of the fandom is what's causing people to hate... then realizing that that's EXACTLY WHAT I'M BUCKING DOING.

Edited by Ninjaneer

To the shitter.

But seriously, I know we're declining. Bronies gone haters are spreading like wild-fire due to the "naughty" side of our fandom.

^Ditto

Unless the Season 3 hit the roof real hard, things will get ugly

Once we get rid of that dang rule 34 crap,

This is the reason many people hate us.

We yell love and tolerate, but then we hate our OWN fandom.

Shame. Shame on you.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

well what will happen after mlp fim show is finished in about...four more seasons, correct?

Once the show does end, I do believe that being a brony can still go on. We can evolve, become something more than pony-addicts.

Edited by Skar
  • Brohoof 2

Why do we have to be hated because of Rule 34?

Are we the only fandom that is not allowed to have it?

Sorry, but I like good stories with this content

There are some that definitely creep me out, but I've read many good ones

This is offtopic,though

I say, we keep on. This is one of the most awesome fandoms I've been part of, and I'd like it to stay that way

Why do we have to be hated because of Rule 34?

Are we the only fandom that is not allowed to have it?

Sorry, but I like good stories with this content

There are some that definitely creep me out, but I've read many good ones

This is offtopic,though

I say, we keep on. This is one of the most awesome fandoms I've been part of, and I'd like it to stay that way

http://mlpforums.com/topic/22566-annoyance/

Come here to debate this.

(edited)

I really am afraid that one day we'll be seen as another version of furries. Everyone will think we're just in it for the Rule 34 stuff and not realize that we are just fans of a really good cartoon. It also depends where the show and the MLP franchise as a whole goes. Who's to say Friendship is Magic is just a fluke and that G5 will be just as bad as G3 if not worse. Bronies aside if Hasbro thinks the style of previous gens will make more money they will change the franchise back to the way it was. And while this could just be a fad that will die out it could also grow and become bigger than ever. I mean there are a good number of celebrities and other famous people (such as Gabe Newell and Andrew W.K) that are bronies. I must say that the brony fandom is a lot different from most other fandoms I've seen. A lot of fandoms [like the Pokemon and Sonic fandoms] bitch and moan that "THE OLD STUFF WAS BETTER" and just argue amongst themselves for no reason. Only time will tell where the fandom goes but even if G5 or FIM itself turns to shit we can always look back and remember why we were bronies in the first place. Because in an age where crap like Jersey Shore and Glee are considered good shows Friendship is Magic show reminds us that TV was once about strong characters, clever jokes and fun plots. It really is rare when you see something like that now days.

Edited by Ponymon Trainer Red
  • Brohoof 1

Once again-

WHO THE HELL CARES WHAT OTHERS THINK OF US?

Do you think furries give two flying fucks if people think they're about sex?

No, they love each other for who they are.

Just because people think we're in it for the sex, doesn't mean we really are.

And it cloppers wanna jerk to ponies, who are we to say no to them?

• Brohoof 2

Its natural of fandoms, yes, we have haters, some have a reason, others are just stupid enough to believe all bronies are cloppers and gay.

but we wont die out.

(edited)

My opinion is....I will tolerate you but I won't stand for it....I will love you but I won't like it...I respect your view but you have to respect my view...

(I refer to it as rule 34)

Edited by Valiant
  • Brohoof 1

Now that I have people kinda hating on me for hating on rule 34, I have absolutely no idea wether to agree or disagree...

Someone shoot me already.

No one is hating YOU.

Just the way you think.

You can easily stop being that way.

Think of it like this, I don't hate trolls, I hate their actions and their unwarranted behavior. I don't hat haters, I hate their preconceived notions of the "norm" and the fact that they feel the need to harass us based off of a few bad apples.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Which incidentally, you just lost. :P

• Brohoof 1