Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread The state of the Brony fandom (Numbers, Popularly, Future)

Skar

Considering Highlander still has a hardcore fan-base when the last bit of content came out in 2007(and the last half-decent content came out in 2001) I think we're still pretty safe. I'm guess now that this franchise has hit it's stride they're going to keep producing content in the vein of FiM for as long they can milk it, and that in turn will keep the fandom alive as well.  

It's not dying but it is dying down.

I don't see too many bronies anymore spamming forums and threads or shoving it down people's throats in a while.

It's calmed down more than anything.

I think the fandom is probably going to grow dramatically when season 4 comes, also, this website will probably become more popular as well biggrin.png

yay i can't wait to meat all the rarity fans that will come to join the fandom we can talk all about her fabulousity   it will be awesome

I don't think so, I've only just joined and it still seems to be thriving. I first heard of My Little Pony and subsequently the Bronies about two years ago and I haven't noticed a dip in popularity. Maybe its just that the haters on the internetweb have found something new to pick on so its fading out of the troll radar. The Fandom still seems great. And anyway, even if it does die out *knock on wood* I'll still be here, and I imagine so would a lot of people. I'd rather be a member of a tiny fandom of devoted fans than a member of a huge fandom of superficial, fair-weather fans.

post-20612-0-98099400-1384008034_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sonicwing

• 2 months later...

I wouldn't say it is dying... I would say it's at it's zenith and is starting to run it's course. It's a little sad actually. Since Season 3, MLP has really started departed from it's original theme in my personal opinion. There are new writers and less of the original team. Hasbro realizes it has a massive fandom on it's hands, so it's going for bottom dollar fan service, which is eventually going to be the show's demise. And with the show shall go much of the fandom.

The fandom is fine the way it is. Some people who aren't as into the show as others might filter out of the fandom, but people who love it will stay and others will continue to find it. Regardless of the size of the fandom, we are perfectly fine, and will exist for years to come.

Whoah, is it that time of the month again? Geeze, you can calibrate a calendar by the 'The Fandom is Dying' threads. How old is this one? Started about six month ago? C'mon guys, if you're going to necro this topic, I'm sure there's one from two years ago on this. ;)

• Brohoof 2

Something like this fandom is worth fighting for. Am I wrong?

If the fandom was dying (which I don't believe it is), then we should try our best to keep it going, not just let it fade away and die!

besides, its not dead till the last pony leaves, and I am not leaving any time soon! B)

No I don't think it's dying. I see new bronies on this forum every day, I think it's awesome and I hope it wouldn't die anytime soon. As I am only a brony for a short time.

As a fandom, I can't say we're dying. If anything, I've seen more bronies walking around lately than ever before.

Sure the show is in a bit of a... dry spot, but dying? Eenope.  :mellow:

According to Google Trends, search queries have consistently been going up. Con attendance is up across the board, and I've been seeing bronies pop up everywhere from personal experience. I think its safe to say the fandom isn't dying.

DkOGgKY.png

Edited by Rivendare
  • Brohoof 5

This fandom isn't dying.  On the contrary, I'm seeing more bronies out in public nowadays than ever before.  I constantly see people wearing MLP shirts, and buying DVDs of the show when I go to Best Buy or Target.  On the flipside, I can't tell you the last time I saw someone wearing a Pokémon shirt.  Hmm...  Interesting, isn't it?

According to Google Trends, search queries have consistently been going up. Con attendance is up across the board, and I've been seeing bronies pop up everywhere from personal experience. I think its safe to say the fandom isn't dying.

img-2254506-1-DkOGgKY.png

And there you have it folks. Proof in numbers. 

I personally think they're pulling a dramatic Rarity. But everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I genuinely want to hear it.

Rarity fans don't appreciate that kind of remark. 

Back on topic are you kidding?

Speaking as a mma fan that's internet nonsense.

Diablo fans poor on forums and tell you blizzard is dying.

Pro wrestling fans will tell you wrestling is dying.

vidego game fans will tell you gaming is dying.

Why?  cause their upset about something,

and to many darn people feel their the center of the universe.

and the moment they stop liking something they have to make you agree with them.

• 2 months later...