Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread The state of the Brony fandom (Numbers, Popularly, Future)

Skar

I used to have the same concerns since I started watching after season 7 ended and now season 9 will probably be the last. It feels like I've gotten in at the tail end of the show and once its over, everyone will drop it and walk away. Its like I've gotten a chance to enjoy something great and meet new people only to find out it's ending soon.

• Brohoof 2

Thats just what I was kind of afraid of, don't get me wrong I don't want the show to go the way of spongebob where it goes to long and become a shell less husk, but I just want to be a part of the fandom, I want to have the full brony experience! Meet new people and create my own ponysona! Go to conventions I want to experience it all!

• Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, Ponynuke said:

Thats just what I was kind of afraid of, don't get me wrong I don't want the show to go the way of spongebob where it goes to long and become a shell less husk, but I just want to be a part of the fandom, I want to have the full brony experience! Meet new people and create my own ponysona! Go to conventions I want to experience it all!

Well, you've come to the right place. I have been here for almost two years, and the people I have been interacted with, are quite friendly. You can never find a fandom like this one in the years to come by.

• Brohoof 3

Sorry I literaly don't know how to reply, but yeah I really just want to be a part of this fandom, I know it has some cring but come on what fandom doesn't? But yeah I look forward to using this site!

• Brohoof 2

11 minutes ago, Kai-rouken said:

No the fandom isn't dead, but it has degenerated into a toxic cesspool of cringeworthyness. Thank God the same doesn't apply to the show itself. ( -.-)/)

Oh, I was there in the Sonic the Hedgehog fandom when it became a toxic waste dump. Thankfully I bailed right after the SatAM dvd collection came out. Never looked back.

15 minutes ago, Ponynuke said:

I'm hoping to go to Bronycon next month.

• Brohoof 2

Man I wish I could go to bronycon but I can't afford the flight right now, I am planning a trip to babscon which is a smaller convention located in my state! Bronycon...one day

• Brohoof 2

You sure are lucky! I live in California so bronycon like on the otherside of the country for me, babscon is only an hour away for me but I hear bronycon is the best of the conventions 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, Ponynuke said:

Hello, I am Ponynuke I joined the fandom a few months ago because I love how ambitious the fandom is and how crestive mlp is but I must know, did I joined to late is it to late for me to be the brony I wish I could be?!

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony: fluttershy
How did you find MLP Forums?: A friend recommended
How you became a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: I found I enjoyed the show

This might not be entirely accurate, but it gives you a good idea. Here is the site stats for Derpibooru.

https://derpibooru.org/pages/stats

If you look, the uploads have been pretty consistent for a few years now, maybe even increasing a bit from Season 5 to Season 8.

I would say no, that fandom isn't dead imo.

btw, welcome!

41 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

I used to have the same concerns since I started watching after season 7 ended and now season 9 will probably be the last. It feels like I've gotten in at the tail end of the show and once its over, everyone will drop it and walk away. Its like I've gotten a chance to enjoy something great and meet new people only to find out it's ending soon.

Want me to be honest, I started watching right around the first Equestria Girls movie back in like 2013 between the season 3 and 4 hiatus. I thought that was late, but I guess not.

Edited by TheTaZe
  • Brohoof 3

Actually that chart is very helpful! Thank very much! Its just great to be reassured that I am not to late that I can be the brony I want to be! To be greeted by so many awesome individuals! And to have such a warm welcome! I am really looking forward to being a brony!!!!!

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Ponynuke said:

You sure are lucky! I live in California so bronycon like on the otherside of the country for me, babscon is only an hour away for me but I hear bronycon is the best of the conventions 

I wish I had discovered the show sooner so that I could have been going to the convention all these years. Oh well.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Same here, but now that I learned its not dead or even dying I may have joined a little later in the season but all it means is I better make up for lost time!

Edited by Ponynuke
Typos
  • Brohoof 1

@Ponynuke

WELCOME MY EQUSTRIAN COMRADE 

I hope you enjoy your time here and enjoy this amazing fandom as a whole

And don't worry. I joined the fandom last year and I wasn't even sure if the show was still airing! 

you can PM me anytime you want with question or if you just wanna chat with a fellow brony!

once again ENJOY THIS AMAZING FANDOM:catface:

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

I had the same feeling a little time ago. But now I am having a feeling that fandom isn't dying that soon. I wish and hope the show to be carry on and as I see it, show still got the great potential to keep going.

I love this fandom and all you nice people. I have to say this is the only fandom I love to be the part of.

Fandom has got better by the time in many ways and in some ways possibly not. But you see:-

You'll never find a rose without the thorns attached to it. 

(Sorry for using a metaphor but that was the best I could think of right now)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Ponynuke said:

Oh thanks, thats ponynuke, the nuclear power not so alicorn alicorn I drew, and may I say I like your oc as well!

Why thank you good sir and might I say that a nuclear power alicorn sounds cool as hell!!! I was going for like a pony version of Bear Gyrlls!:icwudt: kind of a dumb idea though :scoots:

Edited by woodchunks66
  • Brohoof 1

Hello there! :) 

It is kind of late, but not too late. :derp: I mean, the community is still growing, but on the other hoof, some are leaving in the meanwhile. I'm not sure how things looked like at the beginning, as I also joined relatively late; back in 2015. At that moment many content creators seemed to become inactive, as from what I have noticed, many things were created from 2011-2013. Though next artists came into their place; so always something is happening. :P I've heard, that at the beginning there was a pony madness; I mean, the excitement about the show, the love --- to the point, where 'bronies' became extremely annoying for the ones outside the fandom. Now things seem to be more quiet. :twi: Heh, to be honest I can't tell the difference, but for some reason I already miss the 2015 days. :muffins: 

To be honest I'm kinda scared of the end of this generation; considering my experience from similar situations, changes like this never brought anything nice. Perhaps this time it will be different, but I'm definitely not excited for that; it's risky.

Either way, welcome to the herd! :) 

6 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

Want me to be honest, I started watching right around the first Equestria Girls movie back in like 2013 between the season 3 and 4 hiatus. I thought that was late, but I guess not.

Kinda like me, except the delay I had. :lol: I started watching the show around a year later after I saw the first Equestria Girls movie. :P I randomly bumped into that movie when it was aired in TV somewhere in 2014; then nothing suspicious, I liked the movie and that's it. Around a year later though (around 23-28 February 2015) .. I reminded myself of that movie and that's where it all started- looked for some content on Youtube, watched that movie again etc..... Then I officially started watching the show on 1 March 2015. :P 

• Brohoof 2