Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread The state of the Brony fandom (Numbers, Popularly, Future)

Skar

2 minutes ago, Newman1651 said:

perhaps the fim community was something that grew so big yet also fizzled out as quickly as it had grown

People will always be to stay, though I can't say for sure if I am going to be around this community for g5.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, TheTaZe said:

I wouldn't call them idiots. They can be excited for it all the want.

You sure it wont have the same appeal? because someone told me they want to make it as pointless as G3. No story arc, little character development. pointless and mundane plots.

so how are you gonna handle the decline? because I'm going for downloading the whole series on FiM and watching it for personal entertainment and also to look at something i was never able to enjoy those past 9 years.

Just now, Califorum said:

People will always be to stay, though I can't say for sure if I am going to be around this community for g5.

you can still be a loyal fan of G4.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Newman1651 said:

You sure it wont have the same appeal? because someone told me they want to make it as pointless as G3. No story arc, little character development. pointless and mundane plots.

so how are you gonna handle the decline? because I'm going for downloading the whole series on FiM and watching it for personal entertainment and also to look at something i was never able to enjoy those past 9 years.

you can still be a loyal fan of G4.

I wouldn't really say that I am much of a fan these days, I used to be, not as much anymore.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Califorum said:

I suppose you could say that.

I'm a newcmer and i try to be casual, but i'm really demoralized by the decline.

Fanart and fanfic wise, i prefer doing alternate universe/scenarios or "period pieces" set in earlier time periods.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

If it wasn’t the last season I can guarantee the forums would still be just as dead as they were at the end of 2018 if not even deader. But yea the fandom is definitely declining Mlp is nowhere near as big as it was back in 2013 and 2014.

Edited by FireworkDash

As long as there are those who are willing to keep things going even long after generation four ends, this fandom will continue to thrive in its own way.

• Brohoof 1

Even if numbers are declining, there are plenty of individuals who are prepared to stay, even after Generation 4 wraps up. Anything can happen, but I'm convinced that the community isn't going to "die" anytime soon.

• Brohoof 1

27 minutes ago, FireworkDash said:

If it wasn’t the last season I can guarantee the forums would still be just as dead as they were at the end of 2018 if not even deader. But yea the fandom is definitely declining Mlp is nowhere near as big as it was back in 2013 and 2014.

makes me wonder where the fandom is gonna go and wether it will still be remembered in the 2020's and beyond

19 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

The fandom has been stabilized for the last few years from what I remember.

genera consensus seems to suprt the fact that it's declining

Just now, Cash In said:

Even if numbers are declining, there are plenty of individuals who are prepared to stay, even after Generation 4 wraps up. Anything can happen, but I'm convinced that the community isn't going to "die" anytime soon.

you sure? since people seem to think that it will decline and probably die

7 hours ago, Newman1651 said:

Though my friend here isn't so optimistic: https://mlpforums.com/profile/32537-steve-piranha/

my friend has a better idea of what's happening even to this forum

He has an opinion. The fandom has dropped quite a lot - still a heck of a lot more than in the early days of the cons, but not big enough now to sustain the larger cons which will either need to downsize, or consolidate.  but it has been dropping for a few seasons now, and isn't because "G4 is ending" - its just past peak popularity and is now into the "sustain" phase of its existence. Only time will tell if that is enough fans to be worth catering for the market, but there will still be enough fans that online sites aren't going to die.

G4 is becoming another niche fandom - and that's fine.

(edited)

The fandom won't completely die. There are plenty of people like me who are still going to be part of the fandom long after G4 has ended. I'm not going to stop loving the show any time soon. And I'm sure I'm going to love G5 too. Btw I was another latecomer - I got into the show in late 2015.

Edited by Solar Power
  • Brohoof 1

Our fandom is not dead. It's just resting 3Y6uKBJ.png

We have no anchor, nor rallying point. The reasons for which we've all joined are quite different, our philosophies incompatible. Our fandom will transform as was foretold. Those who remain will in time discard the g4 label and proclaim themselves as pony fans.

(edited)
42 minutes ago, Solar Power said:

The fandom won't completely die. There are plenty of people like me who are still going to be part of the fandom long after G4 has ended. I'm not going to stop loving the show any time soon. And I'm sure I'm going to love G5 too. Btw I was another latecomer - I got into the show in late 2015.

yeah. it'll go back to a handful of fat creepy bronies on a 2000s era chatroom. which i don't wanna be part of for the sake of dignity

Edited by Newman1651

It is sadly declining. Most fans all went to the new hot thing "Five Nights At Freddy's".

The new hot thing "Undertale".

"Fortnite" *I actually haven't even seen that one yet*

It is their loss though. MLP as a whole is not declining.

• Brohoof 2

55 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

He has an opinion. The fandom has dropped quite a lot - still a heck of a lot more than in the early days of the cons, but not big enough now to sustain the larger cons which will either need to downsize, or consolidate.  but it has been dropping for a few seasons now, and isn't because "G4 is ending" - its just past peak popularity and is now into the "sustain" phase of its existence. Only time will tell if that is enough fans to be worth catering for the market, but there will still be enough fans that online sites aren't going to die.

G4 is becoming another niche fandom - and that's fine.

I mght leave so i dont get mislabelled as creepy or pedophile as the users lessen so only the creepy strangers remain

16 minutes ago, Newman1651 said:

yeah. it'll go back to a handful of fat creepy bronies on a 2000s era chatroom. which i don't wanna be part of for the sake of dignity

11 minutes ago, Newman1651 said:

I mght leave so i dont get mislabelled as creepy or pedophile as the users lessen so only the creepy strangers remain

Yeah, no. You act so confident that the fandom is what it is, that it becomes really unfair to people who enjoy it. The show is ending? That must mean it's dying and all the good people are gone. Nobody wants to watch a show that has ended, amirite? Oh, and the only people who will actually remain? Pedophiles and creeps.

Like, c'mon m8. Everyone has got their own reasons to stay or leave. Why does it matter so much to you?