Skar

Mega Thread The state of the Brony fandom (Numbers, Popularly, Future)

(edited)
51 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

@Newman1651

You went into so much detail. So much more than I would.

I agree that even when a show ends, life goes on. Plus, treating the world of Equestria like it's real, just because the show is ending, doesn't mean everything and everyone in the show cease to exist. It's not like the South Park episode, Cancelled, where Earth turns out to be one big reality show that is threatened to be destroyed by aliens just because of threat of cancellation.

The characters can have lives and events happening to them after the final episode. Heck there are hundreds if not thousands of fanfics that show the Mane 6's potential children or even Spike and the fillies and colts all grown up and leading interesting adult lives. 

Also, as a Once Upon a Time fan, I didn't cry tears of devastation when it finally ended, I applauded at the end for given me a long amazing story with its ups and downs. Same thing applies to Friendship is Magic: whether it ends with bang of a spectacular final episode or a fizzle of a disappointing final episode, I'll still applaud it for giving me years of fun characters, stories, lessons, and world lore.

And in-universe, FiM is just telling the story of just another chapter in Equestria's own History. As the Student six will take the place of the mane 6.

And even after it ends, one's enthusiasm and admiration to it shouldn't end with it.

for EqG's case, since discontinuation is it's most likely fate and an abrupt end to the spinoff is likely. dont let that deter you and the same things i mentioned in the original post still applies for it. And besides it's technically part of FiM's lore and universe.

Edited by Newman1651

1 hour ago, Fasu said:

FIM was surely going to end, inevitably, at some point. Possible upcoming seasons would've surely only drag the show's quality down, I believe. It seems only rational decision from Hasbro to end FIM at point it still is quality-content (at least I assume season 9 has been fine). 

but the way fans are reacting though, hat's what is so depressing. they're too emotionally attached to it to the point whee they cry over a cartoon ending and make it like it's the only thing keeping them from committing suicide.

many of them are mourning over themselves since they know they will not experience those same feels and sensory experiences they had when they first watched it. i just see it as utterly unhealthy because their pushing themselves too hard when they think like that. 

Just ease up and be glad that at least you'll have the complete series to always go back to and revisit.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say: of course the show is ending. Everyone knows that. Seriously, who cares. Instead of assuring people about the fandom not "ending", why not just let people be able to process news at their own pace? There's no point trying to let everyone know about this, cause we all do. No time like the present, as I like to say. Besides, people have different ways of reacting to news. Personally, I wasn't even upset when I learnt the show was about to end. :/

Also, I'm not one to point out people's flaws, but... One moment you're doomposting about the show ending cause you were late to the fandom (or whatever the reason was), and another moment you're telling people the exact same thing you were doing a while back. For a casual fan, you sure make a huge fuss over fandom reactions.

@Newman1651 posts about the the show ending and fandom reaction and the decline of the fandom go here. 

(edited)
19 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say: of course the show is ending. Everyone knows that. Seriously, who cares. Instead of assuring people about the fandom not "ending", why not just let people be able to process news at their own pace? There's no point trying to let everyone know about this, cause we all do. No time like the present, as I like to say. Besides, people have different ways of reacting to news. Personally, I wasn't even upset when I learnt the show was about to end. :/

Also, I'm not one to point out people's flaws, but... One moment you're doomposting about the show ending cause you were late to the fandom (or whatever the reason was), and another moment you're telling people the exact same thing you were doing a while back. For a casual fan, you sure make a huge fuss over fandom reactions.

Then again i am considering leaving given i just cant take the way people are handling this. Bronycon 2019, being the last brony convention will put not question wether its even worth staying anymore, Or just go solo and be an fan independent of the decline community.

I'm that unsure and in doubt. so much that I'm suffering a writer's/artist's block from it and it's not helping with and just adding onto a long list of insecurities and anxieties i have.

and BTW it's not about the fandom ending. it's about the show and EqG ending and that it doesn't mean they have to see it as the "end" or straight up end their involvement as fans just because it ended. My stance changed. I have to now shift perspective because I'm already having enough problems over my life and suffering depression and anxiety over a cartoon ending as well as from fans crying over it shouldn't be one of them

Edited by Newman1651

The fandom will never die. If im correct, furries have been around since the70's, right? 

Besides majority of everyone saying the fandom would die, I would say Not, because MLP is still very popular and just because it seems like it would its very unlikely it would, I mean considering how much time has been spent and money has been made for the show and considering the Popularity of the show from Fans Its not likely as well as, there are still new members coming in everyday, so really, Its very popular and if everyone just stays true and enjoy the show i dont believe there would be room for Worry in such an amazing community such as this one :)

I think we haven't seen the last of the brony fandom; I mean, sure, G5 might take its sweet time to come, but I think maybe bronies will stick to that? It'll most likely have a different vibe than G4, but still, let's be positive!

Badges