Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Godzilla Resurgence

Grtxkkyz

As many people may know already, there's a whole new Godzilla film coming this year! A trailer has been released reccently

Truth is, the movie's been in production for quite some time, and was created by Toho thanks to the success of the 2014 Godzilla film. So, whatdya think about the trailer? Gotta say, it looks quite good! Just hope Godzilla has a roar more similar to his 84-91 or Millenium versions in the film proper, 'cause the 62-75/92-95 roar doesn't fit this incarnation of him very much.

So... there's 37 of them now? Haha well I can't say it looks too good being a 2016 production by a major company. I suppose I'll watch it just to keep up with the series but I'm not hoping for much. The original film isn't really very good either in my eyes, but I really enjoy watching it purely because it is such a classic. Remakes never reach that "want to rewatch" level unless they're very well made.

So essentially Japan is making their own Godzilla again and I am assuming this has no relation to the American 2014 Godzilla, yes?

Is it just me, or did that Godzilla look very, very stiff and motionless? The old Rubber suits had more life than that. He just seemed kind of like an Action figure with a moving tail to me. To be fair they probably didn't show off any of the more interesting scenes with him, but still, reminds me of the Godzilla toy I've got sitting up on the shelf right next to me.

Still, looking forward to it. I love Godzilla, everything from the original classic, to the cheesy rubber monsters fighting each other, up to the most recent American film. Except that one film that didn't happen in 98, it looked awful, I'm so glad it wasn't actually ever made. Nope, never made. :awuh:

So essentially Japan is making their own Godzilla again and I am assuming this has no relation to the American 2014 Godzilla, yes?

You are correct; the new Toho Godzilla is separate from the Legendary Goji; the latter of which is being tied to a new Kong film for a coming Godzilla vs King King film.

Looks like everything the 2014 film failed to be. I don't care what anypony else thinks. The 2014 film sucked. It was an HBO army drama with giant monsters in the back ground and only 20 min of Godzilla. From here, it looks like we'll be gettign a modern take on the 1954/1984 films. The modern world struggling to fight against a force of nature. 

And is it just me or does this Goji look like 1995's burning Godzilla? 

95Godzilla.jpg

The original film isn't really very good either in my eyes, but I really enjoy watching it purely because it is such a classic.

You talking about the original 1954 Gojira or the 1955 American release 'Godzilla: King Of The Monsters?' Cause the way the American film was dubbed and recut, they're almost different movies. 

You talking about the original 1954 Gojira or the 1955 American release 'Godzilla: King Of The Monsters?' Cause the way the American film was dubbed and recut, they're almost different movies.

I said "the original", didn't I? I meant the 1954 one.