Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you seen the light of your hypothetical cutie mark?

ManaMinori

Are you doing what you enjoy and specialize in life, or are you you still trapped in the dark, like seaons 1-5 Diamond tiara, unsure of where your true potential lies or who you are?

• Brohoof 2

Are you doing what you enjoy and specialize in life, or are you you still trapped in the dark, like seaons 1-5 Diamond tiara, unsure of where your true potential lies or who you are?

I'm still finding my special talent...

I mean, I know what I'd like to do, but I don't know if that's my special talent yet

I'd love to be a race car driver or a phyisicist

Edited by Phanact

I understand who I'm meant to be for a while now and have been in pursuit of my ambitions for that time. Though I do feel that disappointed at some of the things I had to do to get this far, I'm working hard to achieve my goals my own way.

I guess I am like a pre-season 5 Diamond Tiara. I don't really have any particular passion. There's nothing that I really excel at, and the things I love to do I suck at completely.

Well, I guess I'm more of a blank flank then. I am aimless in life. No plans, no goals, no idea what I want to be or do. I wish it was as easy as getting a cutie mark that tells you what your destiny is.

I guess I am like a pre-season 5 Diamond Tiara. I don't really have any particular passion. There's nothing that I really excel at, and the things I love to do I suck at completely.

Well, I guess I'm more of a blank flank then. I am aimless in life. No plans, no goals, no idea what I want to be or do. I wish it was as easy as getting a cutie mark it tells you what your destiny is.

I feel ya. I wish it were that easy, too. But getting one still requires realizing what you want to do and excel at.
  • Brohoof 1

Blankflanker here too! :3 

Though finding one's specialization takes time and energy!

I think for the first time in my life, I'm in a happy and comfortable place, but I don't think I'm reaching my potential. But that is a journey I'm willing to take!

and as Moon Sugar said, we'll need to have fun taking that journey  :yay:

It's been a process of discovery and re-discovery, but the cutie mark I came up with when I was 13 or so (4 years ago) has actually served me pretty well until now. Scratch that, eerily well. 

I'm not sure what to say to hypothetical "blank flanks", but for those that are unsure if the one they have picked still applies to them or is the right one, I think it all depends on how you interpret it.

• Brohoof 1

I know I'm a technomancer of some kind. I'm trying out programming and I think this might be it, but I may take a course on hardware engineering too afterwards. You know, just to be sure.

I'm aware of my talents and the purpose they will play in my life, but I'm still seeking clarity on how they will be used to get where I want to go. I do feel like the answers are becoming clearer the more I learn and search, though. So all things considered, I know I'm in a good place. ^^

• 3 years later...
(edited)

Yeah....I do believe I have. 

I mean at the moment I am pursuing a career in the horse industry (possibly equine veterinarian, with racehorses and/or rodeo horses) and I've known I've wanted to do that ever since I was about 10 years old and my cousin plopped me on the back of her horse. Before that, I had never seen a horse up close in person, let alone ridden one.

I fell in love with the animal and right then, I knew, I just knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life around horses. It was an amazing moment really, like an epiphany. I think it's safe to say that was the moment I received my "cutie mark". :D 

But of course I can't forget my other talents and hobbies on the side....like my love for working on old trucks, and storm watching. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

(edited)

I know exactly what I want to do in life: music (I explain more in my profile). I've always liked it, but it wasn't until a couple years back, maybe further, that I really decided that I wanted to pursue recording music as a career.

Edited by Renegade the Unicorn
  • Brohoof 1

I have found a funny little niche in life that I fit into perfectly. It has roots reaching back to when I was six years old and it finally bloomed when I was an adult. My life, by many standards, isn't exactly mind-blowing. Most people would find it silly and meaningless, but I see the good in it every day, and not only for me but for others as well. I know what I like, what I can do, what I wish to achieve and how to learn things I need to learn. My cutie mark and I have found each other and I'm happy with it. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I know that my purpose in life is to work with animals. I graduated from veterinary technician school and have extensive knowledge on the medical care of most animals. I also have experience with grooming dogs and I am currently working as a dog groomer. Animals make me so happy. 

I've still pretty much no clear idea of my purpose in life, there are some talents I have and things I'm good or ok at but I don't really think there's anything I'm a master of or that stands out. Mostly still blundering my way through life best I can really. :D 

To be blunt: I have no talents, no specialization, and as far as I can see, absolutely no future ahead of me. I'm a failure in life and a mental wreck. Whatever my joys or hobbies are do not matter if I have no value. 

(edited)

Since I made my "ponysona" a deer, I never really thought too much about it, but here's an idea I've been playing with.

image.png

It's my own design of the Jack of Spades symbol B)

Edited by Synniken