Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is there enough Sunset Shimmer to your liking?

ManaMinori

Enough SS toys, books, Movies, shorts, and everything in beteen, to everyone's liking? Is there enough pony Sunny to satisfy? Enough human Sunny?

Are you satisfied with the amount of Sunny that there is currently?

Personally, I feel like there's not, what with her being a mane character. Not even a drop in the bucket compared to all the marketing Twilight, the mane character of FiM, receives.

I wouldn't know about marketing, I don't pay much attention to those details. But in Equestria Girls, as in the actual movie series, I think it's just right. I wasn't sure how she would be handled in Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games, but I was pleasantly surprised.

But still, if Legend of Everfree could be a little more centered on her, I would appreciate it. My main concern is about the original human Sunset and Pony Sunset's conflicting feelings on returning home.

I don't try to read too deep into it though. There are many ways it could play out.

Well, I feel that there's isn't enough of Sunny. We really don't truly know why she left Equestria and if she even have intentions of returning. The writers need to complete her character and I hope that the L.O.E. can close that gap.

Personally I don't see pony Sunset as being a thing (yes, I know there has been a couple of toys of her), she's entirely exclusive to EQG, but that being said, I am surprised at the lack of Sunset figures in the EQG range, she has been completely omitted from certain toy lines (like the EQG mini figures) which seems a little odd given her popularity as a character.

Edited by Concerned Bystander

Personally I don't see pony Sunset as being a thing (yes, I know there has been a couple of toys of her), she's entirely exclusive to EQG, but that being said, I am surprised at the lack of Sunset figures in the EQG range, she has been completely omitted from certain toy lines (like the EQG mini figures) which seems a little odd given her popularity as a character.

she hasn't been omitted from the mini's. she was shown at toy fair to be released this spring

If we talk about toys here, we have to remember that there will only be enough toys, if the customer demands for it.

The fact that Hasbro pushes out more Twilight Toys or other mane 6 toys is understandable, considering the audience is more exposed to them then Sunset Shimmer, so the demands for Mane 6 characters will be of course higher.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

If we talk about toys here, we have to remember that there will only be enough toys, if the customer demands for it.

The fact that Hasbro pushes out more Twilight Toys or other mane 6 toys is understandable, considering the audience is more exposed to them then Sunset Shimmer, so the demands for Mane 6 characters will be of course higher.

we're talking toys, movie apearances, (potential) IM appearances, comic appearances, everything about Sunny in general thus far

It's obvious tht there's demand for SS in way of toys, because she's still being made. But as she's the star of the EqG movies, feels like it's not enough of what she has, so far.

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

No; in fact, I think there was actually TOO MUCH sunny in Friendshp games XD
So no, I'm not really thinking we need to crank up the sunny into overdrive. After all, the last Chapter book for friendship games was about her after all and FG was basically a giant love letter to her as a movie :P

This is actually somewhat confusing though, in comparing Movie push and Toy push; Normally hasbro leans hard on the show staff in the hasbro shows to heavily advertise the people that they are making alot of toys of, not the ones not movie toys :/

So if Sunset ISN'T moving toys like the other 6 are, I can't really see hasbro wanting the staff to have sunset as the mane character of the series: more likely that they'd force the staff to yank it back to being Twilight centered if Sunny's not selling up to snuff.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree there is not much sunny as I would like we still dont know much of her backstory of why she left.hopefully the next film can change this

we can only hope. And while hoping, we can speculate

Wh do you think could be Sunny's family?

Since the Crystal wing toyline is giving her giant glowing wings again, I think we can expect a crapton of Shimmer in the upcoming movie ala FG. (and since there's no Fluttershy crystal wing toy, I think its a specific line and not just something that every winged character gets)

large.jpeg

Enough SS toys, books, Movies, shorts, and everything in beteen, to everyone's liking? Is there enough pony Sunny to satisfy? Enough human Sunny?

Are you satisfied with the amount of Sunny that there is currently?

Personally, I feel like there's not, what with her being a mane character. Not even a drop in the bucket compared to all the marketing Twilight, the mane character of FiM, receives.

I will never consider her a mane character. She's not part of the mane 6

• Brohoof 2

In the last two EG movies I think there was more Sunny, specially FG, but in terms of merchandise I think she's  a bit lacking :huh:. I dunno really, I hardly buy toys and stuff, but I would like to know more about her, and her human counterpart's whereabouts 

• Brohoof 1

In the last two EG movies I think there was more Sunny, specially FG, but in terms of merchandise I think she's  a bit lacking :huh:.

This is still very puzzling to me; The show and movies exist to sell toys, so I can't understand why hasbro would be simultaneously not making toys of her while allowing the show staff to make the last movie revolve around her (more or less).

It'll be interesting to see how legend of everfree goes, since she has an equal amount of merch to the others in the LOE toyline, but nothing really special. (hell, even twilight doesn't have any extra toys in the LOE toyline, and she normally has a deluxe toy for each line)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This may sound cuh-razy, but I think yes. There is enough Sunset Shimmer. She's super awesome, and her characterization and arc in the EqG movies are fantastic, and I secretly long for her to come into FIM for at least a cameo or a singular episode.

However, if she was to venture into the world of Equestria as a regular character....there'd be too much Sunset Shimmer. One thing about her that makes her special is how little we see of her, and if she was to come into FIM on a regular basis, it might be a little too much Sunny. 

I wouldn't mind three more Equestria Girls movies so we can see more Sunset Shimmer, though, of course. Just not all Sunny all the time. 

This may sound cuh-razy, but I think yes. There is enough Sunset Shimmer. She's super awesome, and her characterization and arc in the EqG movies are fantastic, and I secretly long for her to come into FIM for at least a cameo or a singular episode.

However, if she was to venture into the world of Equestria as a regular character....there'd be too much Sunset Shimmer. One thing about her that makes her special is how little we see of her, and if she was to come into FIM on a regular basis, it might be a little too much Sunny. 

I wouldn't mind three more Equestria Girls movies so we can see more Sunset Shimmer, though, of course. Just not all Sunny all the time.

we get mane 6 and CMC ll the time. Personally, I don't se the issue with spurts of 1-2 months of Sunny everything (doll, pony, all sorts of mech with her) outside the movie at least every year.breaks up the monotony of the same characters we see year-round, gives SUNNY more expoure, more merch, more matkebility, more storyline involvement and potential for mane 6 or cmc, while she's around

There's no downside, from what I can see

I am not necessarily a fan of Sunset, but if i was, i would see the current situation in this kinda way.

Sunset is obviously a character, that seems to be very special for alot of people and i can respect that. What makes her partially special, is that we see her in a series of movies, which will just come once a year and everybody gets hyped up for this movie, just for the simple fact she's in it. It's like the same specialness that people have with christmas, because that is a very special day.

Now let's say, in theory, she gets into the main franchise and we would see her every week. Wouldn't it kind of lose her specialness and just make her a regular character in the show?

I don't say it is, but it's an interesting thought.

• Brohoof 1