Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What terrifies you?

ARagY

The future terrifies me, and I'm not talking immediate future either but years in the future. Whenever I hear the phrase 'Where do you think you'll be in 2/5/10 years?", I tend to sweat. In five years, maybe I'll win the lottery, maybe I'll get my drivers license or maybe nothing of note will happen. Or I could end up homeless through no fault of my own, get struck by a car or some other horrible thing, how should I know?

I very much agree with all of this. A lot of things about the future make me really nervous, but there's nothing more terrifying than hearing stuff like "the world will end in the next 20 years" or whatever. It especially surprises me how many people that don't seem to mind stuff like this. I try focusing on the present and my wellbeing instead of being worried about something that'll take years for it to happen, though.

• Brohoof 2

Paralysis; especially if its full-body. The idea of sitting in bed every day, not being able to do anything for myself, is terrifying.

I'm terrified of this as well. I wouldn't want to live like that.

• Brohoof 1

Bees. I hate, HATE bees. They scare me to death. Wasps and hornets and whatever else scare me even more, because they're bigger and sting more. I also don't like great heights that don't have a railing of some sort. I'm fine (as fine as you can be when you're really high up) when there's something to keep me from falling. When there isn't anything though, I get really freaked out.

• Brohoof 1

Ghosts, if I seen there I be scared, don't know why.

Dark, feel there someone or something there.

Being late, what will my boss do if I was late or more.

Future, I know it weird, fear what will happen if I live on my own and thing won't go easy. What happen if I lose my job.

People

The dark... especially That one shady clearing in the woods outside my house

Being alone in large, open spaces; Being alone in general, really

Donald Trump Being President

Emotional Numbness

Dramatic scenes in books or movies where my favourite characters die... I can never listen to the gunshot from the musical Hamilton, or read the number 23 in reference to Sydney Carton in the Tale of Two Cities. I genuinely panic and close the tab/book before those parts happen

• 2 weeks later...

I have quite a lot, but I'll only list a few:

The darkness. I have to sleep with a light on. There are times when I've waken up to find one of my parents turned off my closet light while I was sleeping, and I had anxiety attacks. The thought of seeing nothing around me terrifies me because I don't know what's there, waiting for me. 

Bugs. I've had nightmares of bugs crawling inside my ears, eyes, etc. while sleeping, and it horrifies me. 

People. Not people in general, but people wanting to hurt me in some way, like killers, rapists, or stalkers. I'm always fearful someone's watching me, and as I sleep right next to a window, I'm always frightened to look behind me and see a face through my curtains. 

Ghosts. I'm on the fence about ghosts and whether they're real or not, but even if they were, I know my fear of one watching me, attempting to kill me or hurt me, etc. is unrealistic. Still, it doesn't stop me from staring at my closet and dreading a face popping out. Or hearing noises that can only be explained as footsteps even though no one is awake in my house.

...The idea that one day i'll stop being a kind person, just cuz i like 'girly' things a lot.

That really bothers me more than a lot of other scary things :< even if i don't really like scary things in genneral much xD

Loneliness, I really hate whenever I feel lonely or unwanted, but most of the time I think about these things because of my anxiety so welp.

And growing up is something that freaks me out a lot, I really feel like I won't go anywhere in life, I have not much things that appeal to me and when people ask me out about what I want to do later I just haven't got the slightest clue

What terrifies me? Well, once I heard that you can get stoned off of nutmeg. My dumbass decided to try it. 6 hours later, I got tachycardia, and I was scared as shit!!! Like, I was terrified asf, I felt I was gonna die.

So tachycardia terrifies me.

Anxiety terrifies me too, especially the thoughts of impending doom

some really creepy shit on youtube, like alien stuff and 'testimonies from hell' terrifies me so much, I cry

One thing that scares me a lot is another economic crash---in a way, we're setting ourselves up for one, what with unwise debt...and don't get me started on the new rules about what happens when a bank goes bankrupt!

You said not to say death, but a moment later you said what utterly terrifies me to my very soul, so I will go with death against the rules (I'm so rebel). This is the thing that keeps me up at night, and when I get just one thought about it I start creeping out even more, and after that creeping out I creep out even more, and I'm just sitting absolutely absurdly terrified thinking about my death. Oh, I guess I just thought about it. Crap.

Bees. I hate, HATE bees. They scare me to death. Wasps and hornets and whatever else scare me even more, because they're bigger and sting more. I also don't like great heights that don't have a railing of some sort. I'm fine (as fine as you can be when you're really high up) when there's something to keep me from falling. When there isn't anything though, I get really freaked out.

Oh god, I hate bees too!!! Everytime one buzzes near me I immediately freak out and run away, I also am terrified by clowns, dolls (porcelain dolls mainly), tight spaces, heights, and sometimes meeting new people and making new friends.

Going out in public, school, spiders and snakes, the dark (unless I have listened to Insomnium recently), my parents, growing up, driving a car, and also the police.....and the dentist...and medical places in general. 

Syringes. Heck, those things easily make me faint. I can still remember that one incident when I was given a vaccine and I ended up fainting two times. Sometimes even showing me a medical syringe is enough to make my head feel weird. 

I'm also terrified of deep waters. The fear is so intense that it's usually difficult for me to swim on my own in a lake. It's the main reason I take a floatie with me.

For a long time,

The future was always a fear for me, But I'm gradually accepting that now because I trust in God's path

What REALLY Scares me, is if Hillary Clinton became president

• Brohoof 1

I'm terrified of burning alive. I'd rather be crushed to death or drowned to death, but not burnt alive. So many scenarios I can think of in which a person can die from burning. Not all of which are fire related either. It isn't even the death that bothers me. No, it is the very though of burning itself. The heat, intensity, and pain are far more terrifying to me than dying. I can think of hundreds of ways to be burned alive, and each is horrific in it's own messed up way. So, that is what truly terrifies me.

I'm terrified of doing nothing with my life, being a loser and a nobody, and becoming just another number. Thinking about that terrifies me down to my core.

Also bugs.

• Brohoof 1

I'm terrified of burning alive. I'd rather be crushed to death or drowned to death, but not burnt alive. So many scenarios I can think of in which a person can die from burning. Not all of which are fire related either. It isn't even the death that bothers me. No, it is the very though of burning itself. The heat, intensity, and pain are far more terrifying to me than dying. I can think of hundreds of ways to be burned alive, and each is horrific in it's own messed up way. So, that is what truly terrifies me.

I'm guessing this is why we have a failsafe in our nervous systems that makes us black out if we feel too much pain.  That's a scary way to die to be sure (I won't go over the details because...shudder!)

Though it does reminds me, I used to be scared of lava when I was a kid, mostly because it was instant-death in Mario games.  I was also scared of places that were so hot to so alien that a human being couldn't survive there, like the core of the earth or the surfaces of stars.  It didn't click in my mind until I was an adult that humans could simply never go to places like those, or that humans weren't meant to go to them.

Another, really weird thing to be afraid of that I nevertheless was afraid of when I was a little kid:  the time before I was born.  I wasn't afraid of traveling back in time, mind you:  I was afraid of the concept of me not existing, which (natch) I didn't back then---it's strange to talk about as an adult, but it's really something that scared me when I was a kid.