Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What terrifies you?

ARagY

Though it does reminds me, I used to be scared of lava when I was a kid, mostly because it was instant-death in Mario games.

Too bad that in real life death by lava is a little worse than instant. You would float on the surface, while your body and all your organs inside were burning and melting. :D

• Brohoof 1

Syringes. Heck, those things easily make me faint. I can still remember that one incident when I was given a vaccine and I ended up fainting two times. Sometimes even showing me a medical syringe is enough to make my head feel weird. 

I'm also terrified of deep waters. The fear is so intense that it's usually difficult for me to swim on my own in a lake. It's the main reason I take a floatie with me.

Yeah needles gross me out so I always look the other direction when being around them at the doctor's office.

I always get scared watching all those ghost hunting shows on TV. I really enjoy them but I watch too many and usually right before bedtime.  :rarity:

I can relate to this on a spiritual level. (no pun intended - or was there?)  While ghosts and paranormal fascinate me a lot, I can't help but get a little paranoid every time I watch ghost videos. I also tend to watch them before bedtime too which sometimes makes things a little difficult because I start to hear the smallest of things at night! 

(edited)

Right now heartbreak or being forced to do a scary adult thing or face the real world alone.

And I also fear being homeless.

EDIT: Yeah...I fear of being financially unstable like my parents...And having children and being abusive like my parents. Which is why I don't want kids but if I don't my boyfriend and his parents will be very upset.

Edited by Emiko Gale
  • Brohoof 1

Knowing that I'll surely be alone my whole life.  I was cursed to need love and companionship so much, and it's something I'm never going to have.  Since I was very little, I've known that everyday is going to hurt more than the one before.  Today hurts worse than yesterday.  Tomorrow will hurt worse than today.  So it has been my whole life, and so it will continue to be.  So another answer to the question of what terrifies me is tomorrow.  I hate going to sleep because it will bring tomorrow, and tomorrow will hurt worse than today.  That's why my sleep schedule is crap.  I often sit up and don't go to sleep.  Sometimes I just sit and stare at nothing, hoping that if I think hard enough and long enough, some answer will come.  But it never does, and I know it never will.  My life has been a more or less downward spiral of despair since I was very little.  I hate myself, I live in despair, and I dread tomorrow.  (Super big points to anyone who gets the secret reference in that last sentence.  Here's an extra hint: You could also say I'm at war with myself.)  My depression has led me to consider suicide many times, which brings me to my last answer to the question: me.  I'm terrified of myself.  I'm terrified of what I might do when the last of my strength runs out.  I feel as though I was born with a finite amount, and it's not going to last forever.  Everyday it gets chipped away a little bit more.  I don't know how much I started with, and I don't know how much I have left.  But I know that every single instant in time is the lowest I've ever been in my life.  So it goes.  That's my life.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm... I have been scared of a few things but I conquered a few fears by either being put in situations where that fear was always around or I just went head on with it.

So here's mine~

-Fire. I HATE FIRE. Like I literally cannot with it. I hate bonfires, I hate using gas stoves and I hate having candles around with their flames lit. My sister used to constantly tease me and light a lighter right next to me and I would scream and run. It started when I was younger and I would have non stop nightmares about my house catching on fire and burning me and my family to death. Since then I haven't gotten over it.

-Scorpions. I don't play that game. I hate them so much and I hate even seeing a picture of those ugly buggers.

-Needles. To a degree. I don't mind getting my blood drawn or shots. It's not so much the pain as it is visually looking at them for me. Doesn't matter if it's in real life or a movie I literally will not watch a needle go into someone's skin. Not even my own. Nope, nope, nope.

That's pretty much it.

Lately im mostly just scared from the Future, because it doesnt look so good for me...its just that i have no Idea, about what will come to me.

Also i fear the time, in which most of my Family dies...i dont think i can handle that...  :(

Oh yeah and im scared of Humans.

Im really afraid i say something wrong and then someone wants to beat me up or something, since it happened a lot in the past.

• Brohoof 1

I used have an irrational fear of dogs, but now they just make me very uncomfortable. Don't expect me to pet your dog, 'kay?

I also can't stand having my blood drawn or needles in general. One time when I was a kid the doctor was giving me a shot and both the nurse and my mom had to hold me down, but I freaked out and came loose and ended up getting the needle lodge in my finger cause I tried to swat it away... fun times. The doctor eventually had to pull it out with pliers because the needle was bent.

Also, going to bed at night and thinking of the possibility that I might now wake up in the morning for whatever reason. That terrifies me.

And I'm very very cautious of my eyes; I can't stand anything touching my eyes or anything touching anyone else's eyes. Contacts are a big NO for me, and so is eye surgery of any kind. Even the thought of it just churns my stomach.

Talking to a crowd and new people I have never talked to before It terrifies me

I have a fear similar to that sort of. I am afraid of having to walk in the shady parts of towns. I always feel like someone is going to rob me or hurt me cause I'm so weak. 

Spiders. I'm terrified of spiders. I read a story on Reddit about a man slapping a pregnant spider in his bed, and all the little spiders came out. Now I'm scared that there will be a pregnant spider in my room somewhere... :(

I'm also pretty afraid of big bodies of water. Just the thought of all those fish and other beings swimming in there.... :(

The only thing I can think of is centipedes hiding in your clothes and being there when you put them on. All it takes is one incident to make you shake the shit out of anything you put on your body from then on out.

I wish I was joking.

I have an irrational fear of clowns. I avoid the circus. I avoid carnivals. They are evil creatures. I have nightmares of them trying to catch me. 

post-34724-0-39434400-1463596233_thumb.jpg

Look at that. That is just the face of evil and death. *shivers* 

• 2 years later...

Abandonment, Death, Lightning, and Fleas. These are a few of my most hated things.

Try to build up myself with the people around me, and if they die or just stay away from me for a long period of time, then I get depressed. I struggle with that, and I can barely contain it when my friends leave the forums. :c
Lightning has always been a fear of mine. I'm a little skittish when it comes to weather. 3 Tornadoes in the last 5 years and I basically live right by the Mississippi River which is supposed to block something that severe. I guess not anymore... 
Oh, and fleas. Them and other parasitic insects can just die please. I need some bats to live here. :dry:

• 3 months later...

Natural disasters are pretty scary; they're too powerful and there's only so much a puny human can do against that. I'm also really afraid of crime. I don't want to be a victim and I always fear being in a situation that might put me, or someone I care about, in danger.

The thought of a spider creeping around the inside of a toilet bowl that I don't notice and I end up sitting down on it and it crawls on and bites me on the butt

• 1 year later...

Heeeweeooh! Let us go down the list!

Fear is kind of an integral thing to me, so my top list of things to hate is pretty much synonymous. 

OP did mention Thalassaphobia, the fear of the oceans. And... well, as a fan of biology and the diversity of life, I'm not all that terribly concerned if, say, a kraken was in close quarters with me. I feel pretty sure that I don't have to wonder about what ends some giant monster has for me.

No, I say I have rather Bathophobia. (The fear of taking baths! I kid!) The fear of the Depth. Just the thought of being weightless in an engulfing mass of media... I... it's a void really. I don't see much difference between the depths of the ocean and the depths of space. I don't care what's lunging out at me from the endless expanse of water around me, its the lunging I sh-... poop myself over. A plane, I'm fine with; A boat... what's keeping it up? What's stopping a bump from any ol' passing fish?!

As a fourth most hated thing & somewhat in relation, I would say I hate the very concept of Speed. That jumpscare speed things go at, you know? I don't have very good reaction time as it is and something coming at you faster than you can react, no matter what it is, is scary.

Third most hated and feared thing is Bidoof.

F*%$ You, I don't gotta explain! I know its silly, but its just one of those Bees in the Bonnet. That it exists in any function and any reality causes me to seize up in instaneous Rage with a capital R. Just talking about it incites the urge to rage. I honestly do stay up several nights a month rueing that that one pokemon ever got designed and implimented and why whatever demented mind sought to enable it to come to fruition.

Yes,Irealizeithasasecondformanditsmorecustomarytorefertothefinalform. Don'tquestionmeonthis,theyareoneandthesameandlackthepresencetobedefinedseperately.Don'tmakemerant.

Second, I hate flies. Long story short, they ate my dog. 

Sure, I hate most bugs to varying degrees, but flies specifically. They're harbringers of death and disease and I often get distracted from my work by just getting up to glare angrily at a passing fly in the hopes that they know how much I rue them. Often, I just imagine having a fly on me and that's enough for me to freak out.

The only thing keeping me from believing in Reincarnation is that, with my luck, I know i'll reincarnate as a fly just from bad kharma.

And the most terrifying thing is... my Mother.

If any of you have had "that kind" of parent, then you don't need me to clarify. Let's just say Sunburst's mother triggered alot of memories for me.

I think what honestly scares me most is never finding a wife and being able to have a family. I'm still pretty young (22), but I'm already seeing a lot of my peers get married. I know I just need to be patient and keep living my life as it is, but I still keep getting anxious and depressed about it. :worry: