Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will the mane 6 ever face a foal villain?

ManaMinori

The cmc have dipped their hooves into helping adults at times (BBig Mac,Cheerilee, Troubleshoes), am I the only one who want see the mane 6 doing vise versa, helping foals? It'd be refreshing to see a foal portrayed at a genius levell, able to keep the mane 6 on their toes, probably having Sombra's level of foresight and planning, to keep mane 6 from accomplishing anything, but at the same time, being more a misguided idealist villain like Starlight Glimmer, rather than "evil for the sake of evil. I really would like to see a smart (non unicorn) foal hold their own against the M6.

Anyone else?

The cmc have dipped their hooves into helping adults at times (BBig Mac,Cheerilee, Troubleshoes), am I the only one who want see the mane 6 doing vise versa, helping foals? It'd be refreshing to see a foal portrayed at a genius levell, able to keep the mane 6 on their toes, probably having Sombra's level of foresight and planning, to keep mane 6 from accomplishing anything, but at the same time, being more a misguided idealist villain like Starlight Glimmer, rather than "evil for the sake of evil. I really would like to see a smart (non unicorn) foal hold their own against the M6.

Anyone else?

That seems unrealistic and jarring...

what kind of story line can you imagine that would feel natural and believable?  

I work with kids all the time, and the areas they surprise me are in their capacity for understanding and learning.

They do not impress me with any kind of realistic idea of how the world actually works.  

There is an experience gap that is getting filled as they go through life, but they just haven't lived long enough in the real world to "get" it.  

What motivations would you ascribe to them?  how did they get their power?  What are they trying to accomplish? 

if you answered those kinds of questions, maybe I could see it.

Edited by weesh
  • Brohoof 1

There were a lot of underaged badass kids in books and movies: Artemis Fowl, Ciel Phantomhive and others... So what could it be? One option is some cold blood genius in magic or jst like that. Or possesed by a demon? That, for some reason is evil, or perhaps a spoiled princess that inherit the wealth of her parents and use it at her benefit... I like the idea. It will be an interesting topic. Would the mane 6 harm a foal if it's for the good of the whole country?

In Equestria, anything is possible. There could be a foal that has super-pony levels of intelligence, far more than they can actually handle and perhaps the don't like the mane 6 for some reason, or even someone close to them. It is definitely something that would be rather different as the scale of it would seem small on the surface but it could be so much more.

I think Flurry Heart in the opener is as close as we will get to a child antagonist for the mane six.  I'm not sure that it's something I would necessarily want to see them attempt, as it is very hard to do well, child villains rarely come across as realistic, and all too frequently present as smug, insufferable little know-it-alls whom you desperately want to die at the end even though you know that adult protagonists are not allowed to kill them because 'the rules'.

• Brohoof 3

The closest I can think of to what you are talking about would be Stewie (from Family Guy).  I'm not sure that would work w MLP.  Although, I'm not so sure Flurry Heart is as innocent as the ponies seem to think

Possible but I would want to see how the Mane 6 can handle a younger villain that they have no choice but to fight or let this foal grow up to be a very credible threat in the future.

• Brohoof 1

Well they kind of already have in the form of Flurry Heart. Much like Elsa in Frozen, no matter her intentions, her powers and their repercussions slotted her into the narrative function of "antagonist." (The character who generates the conflict that the protagonist must resolve.)

To answer the question more directly. I think it would be interesting, but I'm not exactly in demand for it. To use another film/tv parallel, think of the Mane Six like the Avengers. The CMC put it best in "Slice of Life" when they said "either a friendship problem or a monster problem." Which is to say, on the subject of "villains" as in out and out threats, that's their job, they are the protectors of Equestria. Whereas the CMC, with Diamon Tiara and Babs as their villains, are more like the Defenders (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist) in so much that their adventures are typically lower key and more suited to their particular brand of day saving.

Plus it's not like the two never interact with one another. "Twilight Time" was all about the comparatively "adult" Twilight trying to help out younger foals. There was a trio of episodes where the CMC had private counsel with Princess Luna, a being of greater age and wisdom than the CMC and the M6 put together.

• 6 years later...

It would have been a lot better if Cozy was a unicorn that was also magically gifted imo, but I do understand and appreciate the metaphor here that most are to blind to actually see, Cozy didn't introduce "alternative perspective" she was a smarmy disingenuous psychopath, her and Tirek being penpals made perfect sense, I just imagine a wholesome picture of the two, they both know how to use others to get what they want, Cozy acted very kind on the surface, not brutally honest with opinions or perspective that defy the norm, she was a psychopath through and through....

oh boy

edit: forgot to mark spoilers, just in case some haven't watched season 8 yet

consider this and all the other recent replies from the future,

Spoiler

yes the mane 6 faced against a foal.

That foal was named cozy glow, and I have to commend her for her planning skills as she was able to fool everyone with her "innocent" appearance, uniting all the students in the school of friendship against the student 6 when she was revealed, and almost make all of Equestria's magic disappear by utilizing the different artifacts of this world, each representing a certain species or culture. Thanks to her, all the magic would have been gone for good in a span of only 3 days. The motivation behind pulling a svtfoe finale move is mainly, according to her, "friendship = magic, magic = power".

As for my personal opinion on cozy glow, I felt like something was off about her even before she was revealed to be the mastermind behind the disappearance of magic. I guess maybe she was trying too hard? She didn't really act like a normal foal would, you could say

Edited by User without a name

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-12-09 at 9:58 PM, User without a name said:

oh boy

edit: forgot to mark spoilers, just in case some haven't watched season 8 yet

consider this and all the other recent replies from the future,

Reveal hidden contents

yes the mane 6 faced against a foal.

That foal was named cozy glow, and I have to commend her for her planning skills as she was able to fool everyone with her "innocent" appearance, uniting all the students in the school of friendship against the student 6 when she was revealed, and almost make all of Equestria's magic disappear by utilizing the different artifacts of this world, each representing a certain species or culture. Thanks to her, all the magic would have been gone for good in a span of only 3 days. The motivation behind pulling a svtfoe finale move is mainly, according to her, "friendship = magic, magic = power".

As for my personal opinion on cozy glow, I felt like something was off about her even before she was revealed to be the mastermind behind the disappearance of magic. I guess maybe she was trying too hard? She didn't really act like a normal foal would, you could say

I don't think any spoilers are needed for FiM at this point :mlp_smug:

in a field of hundreds of level 1 skeleton posts @Bimbola2005, this post is a level 20 furry lich

and yes, if you were wondering, there are images of furry liches. some of them not salacious

anyway, cozy is a great villain because Sunni Westbrook is amazing. Bringing fresh villain material to a 9 season epic like MLP was not easy, and I think the delivery was greatness

the fact she's a cutesy wutesy foal is also great 

On 2022-12-18 at 3:33 PM, abrony-mouse said:

in a field of hundreds of level 1 skeleton posts @Bimbola2005, this post is a level 20 furry lich

and yes, if you were wondering, there are images of furry liches. some of them not salacious

??

Sorry, I didn’t understand, what do you mean?

29 minutes ago, Bimbola2005 said:

??

Sorry, I didn’t understand, what do you mean?

heh on some forums finding old threads and reviving them is called necroposting (on here it is fine though :3 )

and this was a very good necropost

and liches are high level undead in DnD

not sure why I talked about furries though. altho furry undead tickles my funny bone for some reason