Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Celebrity Voices

Jangocoolguy

Okay, we know that Kristen Chenoweth and Emily Blunt are in this. How many more celebrities could pop up? Who would you like to hear? Who do you think actually will?

For one thing, I think the Villain (and maybe henchbeasts) will get a celebrity voice. Seems, like a good time, right?

I'm hoping for someone like James Earl Jones or Benedict Cumbersnatch, but am more realistically expecting, oh...Tim Curry, Christopher Lloyd, Ron Perlman or even someone like Frank Welker, Jim Cummings, or Clancy Brown.

Also...if--and it's a pretty big "IF"--Starswirl somehow makes an appearance (I feel it's now or never), he should get a special guest VA too. Morgan Freeman, and Patrick Stewart come to mind, though again, I'm expecting someone "smaller" (Again, Chris Lloyd comes to mind).

Not to mention voices for various supporting and minor characters who pop up along the way ;)

How do you think it could turn out? :confused:

Edited by Jangocoolguy
  • Brohoof 1

In terms of LA Voice Actors, I would love for Rob Paulsen to have his chance in the movie.  Maybe even Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill, or Peter Cullen and Frank Welker.

In terms of Celebrities, I would like to have Samuel L Jackson and Melissa MCCarthy as guests.

• Brohoof 3

Okay, we know that Kristen Chenoweth and Emily Blunt are in this. How many more celebrities could pop up? Who would you like to hear? Who do you think actually will?

For one thing, I think the Villain (and maybe henchbeasts) will get a celebrity voice. Seems, like a good time, right?

I'm hoping for someone like James Earl Jones or Benedict Cumbersnatch, but am more realistically expecting, oh...Tim Curry, Christopher Lloyd, Ron Perlman or even someone like Frank Welker, Jim Cummings, or Clancy Brown.

Also...if--and it's a pretty big "IF"--Starswirl somehow makes an appearance (I feel it's now or never), he should get a special guest VA too. Morgan Freeman, and Patrick Stewart come to mind, though again, I'm expecting someone "smaller" (Again, Chris Lloyd comes to mind).

Not to mention voices for various supporting and minor characters who pop up along the way ;)

The villan could be several voices: If it's comedic, Ryan Reynolds. If it's mischevous, Liam Neeson. If it's classic, Danny DeVito.

Starswirl shoud be either Morgan Freeman or Mel Brooks (HT2 completely wasted his role).

Edited by TheAnimatorOfficial

100% behind Peter Cullen and Frank Welker, if for no other reason than they've both voiced characters in past MLP generations, not to mention the connection to transformers through hasbro.  Also, I'm a huge fan of Optilestia.  :sunbutt:

• Brohoof 2

Ron Perlman would be a dream come true. Also, I like the idea to have Morgan Freeman as Starswirl. 

I earnestly want Ashton Kutcher to voice somepony in this. He did VA work with Open Season and I thought he did a good job with that.

Ron Perlman would be a dream come true. Also, I like the idea to have Morgan Freeman as Starswirl.

I earnestly want Ashton Kutcher to voice somepony in this. He did VA work with Open Season and I thought he did a good job with that.

Please no Aston Kutcher. Open Season was not very good and he bombed his performance of Steve Jobs.

There are quite a few I'd like. Morgan Freeman, Jack Black, Chris Pratt. I would love if there was a pony that looked like one of the variations of the Doctor and was voiced by one of the actors of the Doctor. Like, imagine if a Matt Smith esque pony took Doctor Hooves on an adventure through time. That'd be great. Anyway, that's about it. Actually, I just remembered: Samuel L Jackson. He'd be great. Not much else though. It's be cool to see Weird Al back as Cheese Sandwhich.

As long as it is not too noticeable and the celebrity or celebrities that voice a/multiple character(s) in the film actually acts as the character they are playing and not themselves, I don't have an issue with having them in the movie.

If Starswirl the Bearded is in the film, than I think he would be the perfect character to have a celebrity VA.

Besides that I would be curious to see what Chris Pratt would be like if he voiced a character in the film.

Edited by cmarston1

For one thing, I think the Villain (and maybe henchbeasts) will get a celebrity voice. Seems, like a good time, right?

I'm hoping for someone like James Earl Jones or Benedict Cumbersnatch, but am more realistically expecting, oh...Tim Curry, Christopher Lloyd, Ron Perlman or even someone like Frank Welker, Jim Cummings, or Clancy Brown.

Also...if--and it's a pretty big "IF"--Starswirl somehow makes an appearance (I feel it's now or never), he should get a special guest VA too. Morgan Freeman, and Patrick Stewart come to mind, though again, I'm expecting someone "smaller" (Again, Chris Lloyd comes to mind).

I did not know my cousin was in this. Never met her before or seen any of her work before but I know of her. 

I want to see Gilbert Godfried, Ermy Lee, Bobcat Goldthwait, Robin williams if he was still around lol. Rossie O'donnald or however you spell her name. Steven Colbert, Seth Andrews, and someone who sounds like Vincent Price. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, they just added Liev Shreiber and Taye Diggs.

This is getting interesting! :pinkie:

Man, we got many joining the party  ^_^ . Are they the last, or more are coming  :grin: ?

(edited)

or more are coming :grin: ?

Aye, there's the rub.

Heck, that question is partially why I started this thread.

One has to wonder how many they can fit in without them getting in the way or things getting out of hand... :huh:

After all, our regular cast is talented & versatile enough to voice this sucker by themselves...it's just that we need some special guest stars to attract a broader audience...

Edited by Jangocoolguy

So we currently have four definitively confirmed celebrity cameos, plus two that are in talks (I know the latest article lists them among the confirmed actors, but we don't have an article wholly confirming those two). Now let's guess how they'll fit into the movie. Here is all the info we have from the Russian leak about the new characters we can assume will appear:

• A famous new singer who's supposed to perform at the start of the movie (it could be Rara, but it'll probably be someone new)
  • A group/army of villains who come to Equestria, presumably from the foreign land the Mane Six must travel to
  • An underwater kingdom of seaponies
  • Pirates and hippogriffs

Keep in mind that some of these roles may overlap.

I know he's not well know outside the Metal Gear community, but it would be joyful if David HAYter (couldn't resist  :D ) would be in the movie. COME ON, WHO WOULDN'T WANT SNAKE IN IT?  :please:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I know he's not well know outside the Metal Gear community, but it would be joyful if David HAYter (couldn't resist  :D ) would be in the movie. COME ON, WHO WOULDN'T WANT SNAKE IN IT?  :please:

If we were getting David Hayter I would also want Michael Ironside to get a voice role. #SamIsBetter  :squee:

Edited by Rarity Is Best Pony