Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Celebrity Voices

Jangocoolguy

• 2 weeks later...

Syo Jinnai:

sig-4586814.go_buster_e4_picture_1-620x.

If you don't know him, he's Enter from Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters. He will play a French newcomer.

I haven't seen anything in Equestria Daily :huh:

^ Well, it's not surprising...

Now we're having two Marvel comics Sabretooth voicing ponies  :-P

• 6 years later...
On 2016-04-23 at 4:00 PM, cmarston1 said:

As long as it is not too noticeable and the celebrity or celebrities that voice a/multiple character(s) in the film actually acts as the character they are playing and not themselves, I don't have an issue with having them in the movie.

If Starswirl the Bearded is in the film, than I think he would be the perfect character to have a celebrity VA.

Besides that I would be curious to see what Chris Pratt would be like if he voiced a character in the film.

Man, his work as Mario makes me wish he had voiced a horse :sunny:

• 3 months later...

Whether movie or show, kinda wished Sylvester Stallone got a guest voice.  A chance to be a more literal Italian Stallion.😉

But yeah I almost always find castings like this interesting.  Not just the celebrity casting, but productions mixing say some LA actors into a Nelvana or Ocean Group production.  Don't know why, I just do.

And not even just a couple among the cast.  This, the 80s cartoon Camp Candy (which had the late John Candy) and the 2003 Mucha Lucha actually had a good mix of US and Canadian VAs.