Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Have You Ever Been In A Car Accident?

Venomous

Have you ever been in a car accident of any kind? 

When I was 17, the driver lost control of the car from speeding and lost control. The truck flipped three times, resulting in all the windows breaking and a hospital visit.

Once but thankfully no one got any injuries. I was riding in the family van with my dad and little brother when a spare wheel from the car in front of us fell off and smashed the front and windshield. Thankfully the fan was the only casualty

No, but there has been a time where I almost got in a car accident. While driving back home, some arrogant driver deliberately cut us off by swerving and speeding, which almost resulted in us crashing into another driver. It didn't help that this took place in a very packed freeway.

I've been involved in many small bumps and dings and a couple pretty bad accidents

I drive quite a lot and whenever I see an accident happen, I immediately respond to help people because its such a scary experience 

No, but there has been a time where I almost got in a car accident. While driving back home, some arrogant driver deliberately cut us off by swerving and speeding, which almost resulted in us crashing into another driver. It didn't help that this took place in a very packed freeway.

Yeah, people on the highways get stressed out and stuff

Yeah, people on the highways get stressed out and stuff

Except the person who cut us off wasn't stressed. He did so just to be a dick and hope to see if we crashed, since he did stick up the middle finger while laughing afterwards. It isn't always a matter of stress.

Except the person who cut us off wasn't stressed. He did so just to be a dick and hope to see if we crashed, since he did stick up the middle finger while laughing afterwards. It isn't always a matter of stress.

That's true. I see a lot of people around here like that, and whenever people do it to me I put myself in a position where they can crash in to me, since it will be their fault

Most people will wimp out and they're just trying to use a scare tactic 

Last year I was on my bus home from school and just as we pulled out of an intersection another car sped out and we t-boned them. Luckily since we were going pretty slow and the bus seats are pretty soft no-one on the bus got any major injuries, but expectedly, the person we hit was shaken up pretty badly, but not too hurt. The bus only had some minor dents while the car was fairly damaged and people crowded around pretty quickly.

It was kinda scary as pretty much no-one expected it, with one girl passing out a bit later from the shock, but we're all still pretty fine with bus trips.

We just got on another bus to go home after a little health check and it was fine from there.

Edited by InfectedPone

* i've not been in one, no, but i did witness one. was just a late night bus trip home from town and just as i happened to look out of the window, i just saw this car go up onto the curb, crash into a streetlight, flip upside down and skid across the road. it was freaking crazy.

That's true. I see a lot of people around here like that, and whenever people do it to me I put myself in a position where they can crash in to me, since it will be their fault

Most people will wimp out and they're just trying to use a scare tactic 

Ah, I see. I haven't met too many people like that fortunately enough, but I'm not too sure if I would probably put myself in a position where they crash into me myself. The driver who cuts you off has done enough damage, so I'd rather keep on driving instead of fighting fire with fire. It is certainly easy to get angry while driving, though. From where I live, there has been more cases of road rage than in any other country.

One fender bender - I was driving down a winding gravel forest/tall bushes road when a guy whipped out in front of me around the corner. We both turned, but we smacked each other's corner.

The judge ruled it was nobody's fault. Which was kind of BS, since the guy was going too fast, but at least I didn't get blamed instead.

Nearly 10 years ago, my mom was driving me to my babysitter's (I was 5 at the time), and we got into a huge car accident on the way there. Apparently, the other driver who crashed into us had been taking medicine while she was driving or something, and she must have been DUIing, as she hit our car so bad that it caused the engine to fall out of it. We did get injured (I was hit in the head, and I think my mom had gotten a bruise or something), but honestly, I'm really glad we were lucky enough to make it out okay otherwise, considering how bad the collision was.

I've been in two. 

The first when I was a kid. (7-8 I think) My mom (who had just picked me up from school) was hit on the fender on the passenger side.

The 2nd was when I rear-ended a car in front of me. That one actually resulted in a lawsuit against my insurance company where the lying cunt woman I hit got $50,000 out of my insurance company after waiting nearly a year to file the claim, and then the whole thing was dragged out over a year. I hit her in August 2013 and it was finally settled in October of last year.

I was run over by a semi and got caught around the rear axle, dragged 150 yards, and smashed into an embankment. I broke 17 different bones with over 70 different fractures, ruptured my abdominal wall, and literally had my guts squeezed out like toothpaste.

I've never personally been in a serious car accident, but my younger brother could have been killed when his car was totaled by a human piece of shit driving and talking on a cell phone.  Who, by the way, kept on driving; goes to the POS thing.  I don't wanna go into how badly hurt he was, but part of me still wishes I had the opportunity to do worse to the bastard responsible.

I've been in a car crash, but luckily nobody got hurt. But the feeling was a horrible one as I felt the force that just pulled at me and threatened to throw me out of the window. But.... seat belts ;) 

I've never been in one, but my sister has. There was this one time when she and her friend were in the car, then her friend made a mistake and the car flipped over. The policed were amazed that the both survived, the road, while I don't remember what it was called, was known to be a guaranteed death if you get in an accident.

I was run over by a semi and got caught around the rear axle, dragged 150 yards, and smashed into an embankment. I broke 17 different bones with over 70 different fractures, ruptured my abdominal wall, and literally had my guts squeezed out like toothpaste.

Holy shit, that sounds terrible.

Never been involved in a car accident, but there was this one time when me and my mother were on our way home from school, when some Asian guy in his Ute came flying towards us at the stop lights and nearly crashed into the rear of our car.

I had a car accident back when I was younger.

My mom was driving me home from a supermarket, but she was distracted by the bill of our purchases so it didn't help her to drive just fine, then the worse happened:

She lost control of the car then we found ourselves in a road ditch, but with luck on our side, the car wasn't in a terrible position, but the car was certainly in a terrible shape.

Then, as I remember, we were able to exit the car so we could ask random drivers for some help, then one of them stopped and at least helped us some we could call a towing service to get our car out of her.

Enventually, the towing showed up so we could go through the whole process of getting it back to the towing company's garage to pay the toll for the service. And then we were able to go back home with this car in poor condition, then when I was home I remember the reaction of my dad who was in fury about what happened, he was angry about the price of the upcoming repairs and at my mom.

Luckily, I came out unscratched. But my mind was, and is still scared to this very day.

I was in an incredibly minor one. It was very awkward, because it was a college band friend taking me home from there. It was very, very minor... But still I felt terrible. I suppose it would have happened either way because I recall it being right out of the college.

Twice. It was new years day and there was freezing rain. Our car slid into a ditch going 10 mph. The other time was when I was heading to college. One car had stopped in front of us to let some bikers cross. But either the bikers didn't cross or already had. But it wasn't in a cross walk so we should've been good to go. I turned to go and pass them on the shoulder. But as I was angling myself to go around, another car sped and hit me from behind and drove me into the car in front. It was a good thing I was angled, or else the damage could've been worse. I won the insurance claim on that one.  

Yeah, in 2013 me and my dad were hit by an oncoming commercial truck on a wet road. The car was broken, my leg was ****ed, I had a concussion, my dad still probably has back problems, and my nerve sensation has gotten more...off

My boyfriend was concerned I was going into a coma when I texted saying I feel sleepy being driven to the hospital.  

Before that, most accidents were minor.

In 2006 we had a crash that took off the back bumper. 

Before that some teenage driver didn't know how 2 stop and drove into the intersection while we were passing and smacked the front side. Otherwise, it's been ok