Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Have You Ever Been In A Car Accident?

Venomous

I was 14 years old and we came out of a little street, my father stopped driving and I had no idea why. Before I knew it I was under the dashboard with a bloody nose. My belt had taken the brunt of the force and stretched so far that I Glided underneath it. the other guy was most likely driving too fast, said the police officer but they couldnt prove it so no charges. And we came from right btw

I had three minor crashes but none serious enough to land in the hospital. All three of them were not made by me but others who didn't pay attention to driving.

First one

I was nineteen years old when I got myself a first car(dark green Saturn, forgot what year it was made) and I was able to drive around town by myself as it's my fifth time doing it(I had to convince my mother to let me drive by myself instead of her tagging along since she tends to be overprotective because of my small size and my autism). I stopped by CVS(it used to be called Eckerd's back then) to grab something then I start up my car and look behind me to make sure there's no cars coming by. It was clear so I backed up but then some idiot decided to drive while I was halfway there and hit my side of the car, leaving a big dent and took off. I didn't report it because I didn't know how back then as I wasn't taught. Mom wasn't too happy that I didn't report but I told her that she didn't teach me about that at all so how was I suppose to know(internet was in infant stage so it's not like I could research car accidents)?

Second one

I was in my early 20's and driving my Jeep Cherokee LS 2000 one day to get gas and I wasn't very far from the gas station. I was at the stoplight and it was red so I was just waiting for it to turn green. I look down to my purse to get my gas card ready like I usually do so I don't have to dig around to find it. When I look back up to check to see if it turn green(which it hasn't), that's when something caught my eye on my rearview mirror. I noticed a black SUV is speeding right towards me and wasn't slowing down at all and I was like 'OH SHIT!!!" :awuh: I couldn't pull up because the traffic is still going and if I try to go to red light, I'll get hit by other cars. I couldn't pull to either of the side(both of the lanes were empty and I'm in a middle) on time because if I did, he'll still hit me on the end. At the last second, the SUV slammed his brakes but unfortunately, his car is still going and it's making that loud screeching sound until he hit me from behind. It made my back car door a huge imprint and I can't open up as it's jammed into my back end. The driver was a young guy, either in his late teens or early 20's(I don't know the age) and he look quite scared of me when I got out, looking really pissed off and that I wanted to kill him. :=: Although it was kind of funny that he was intimidated by a petite woman since he's taller and bigger than me but I scared him pretty good. ^_^ 

Luckily, someone called the cops to report an accident(there was another car nearby but he was at a turning lane on far left who witnessed it) and one of the cops had to tell me to calm down. They took reports and left. I had to take my Jeep to the shop to get my back door replaced(SUV driver had to pay the damage). As it turns out, he was texting while driving and wasn't paying attention until he looked up and saw my car at the stoplight. If he didn't look up, the accident would have been pretty messy and I would have been injured. :\ Since then, I had to keep looking at my rearview mirror whenever I stopped at the stoplight to make sure the cars behind me are not speeding down so I can have enough time to move since I don't trust them enough to look in order to stop in time. This is why you don't text and drive at the same time. I never text unless I'm in a stoplight or at the bridge or being hold up in heavy traffic jam.

Third one

This one was the worst of all and I still feel horrible about it even though it wasn't my fault.

Last one is when I was in Orlando for college. It was my second year there and it was on Sunday. I was on my way back to my apartment from Florida Mall because I bought myself a new cell phone battery charger as my old one stopped working(it was a flip phone, forgot the name) and kept my phone being charged using my car charger. I was on West Oak Ridge RD and Rio Grande Ave. There was some bit of a traffic(which is the norm here in this area as we're not far from Universal Studios). I was on the middle lane(on the left is a turning lane which is nearly empty except one car) and the right lane was filled with cars. I was slowly pulling up as the traffic was going slow when all the sudden, SLAM!!! :blink: Something slammed my car on the right side really hard that it nearly caused my Jeep to turned over and I was scared to death that I was gonna get rolled over. It felt like a semi truck hit my car and it scared the living shit out of me because it just happened so fast!

Once my car came back down and I took deep breathes to calm myself, I finally look to my left to see who hit me and was expecting a truck or an SUV but surprisingly, it was a small blue car(forgot what model it is but looks similar to my Saturn) that hit me and was coming out of the Chevron station. We couldn't see each other because the truck that was so big and tall that it blocks the views and he was letting the family that was in it to pass but they couldn't see my car pulling up nor I couldn't see them coming in. I called 911 to report the accident but thankfully, we were less than ten feet away from the Fire Department and they were already on their way. The lady in front of me had come out to help the family that was in the car. It was a Cuban family of mother, father, and their two year old son. The father and the kid are fine but the mother was not(she was a driver) and she sped towards to the lane but didn't see my car due to truck's obstructing her view and couldn't stop in time when my car appeared, which is why she nearly tipped my car over. She broke both of her legs and her car was seriously damaged. My side of the car had a big dents and scratches.

The cops arrived to check the accident and had to call the ambulance to get the mother treated. The lady in front of me who checked on them was glaring at me and pointing fingers at me as if it's my fault and that I did it on purpose, which I didn't. The cop had to tell her that it wasn't my fault as I couldn't see due to the truck's blocking our views and was accidental, not intentional. I was in near tears because I felt bad even though the cop told me it wasn't my fault, the mother will make it, and the rest of the family have survived with no injuries. The mother's family had to come to pick up the husband and her son and were really nice people. They didn't blame me for the accident and assured me that she'll pull through. Here's a link to see a better view of the street. https://www.google.com/maps/@28.4725377,-81.4007251,3a,75y,48.49h,87.82t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1swhucmyTC5sLVW7sO1QyCDQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Ever since then, I've been even more cautious of my surroundings and haven't experience an accident on my Nissan.

• 3 years later...

I've been in two and I wasn't the one driving either. First one was they lost control of the car and went off road. Seat belt broke and flung me out of the truck. Second one was a car malfunction and sent us crashing through a garage.

• Brohoof 1

When I was 20, I was speeding downhill on some local Appalachian hilly roads, pretending to be in Initial D, and I lost control around a bend due to coming in too hard. I overcorrected and once I had traction, I went right for the guard rail. Did a full 360 and landed at the bottom of a little hill on the opposite side of the road. Needed a whole new front end but that's about it. Would do it again, tbh.

First one: I was riding with my Step-granddad. We both looked to the side as there was a new restaurant being built. I turned around first, saw that traffic had suddenly stopped and yelled. He turned around and slammed on the brakes. We were cruising around 55 or so mph and he rear-ended the truck in front of us, which then hit the vehicle in front of it. It totaled the front end of his truck, with every possible fluid spewing out underneath. Airbags failed to deploy, but thankfully, no injuries.

Thought I was gonna die that day and ever since then, I get very uncomfortable riding with others.   :sealed:

Second one- I got rear ended at a traffic light, on the way to work one morning. It was low speed, so only a scratch on my rear bumper. Dude that ran into my car, of course had no insurance and no driver license.  :unamused:

• 3 years later...

I’ve been in three. Two of them I was a passenger with someone else driving and it was the other drivers fault. Both ran red lights and hit us. The other was in my early 20s(I think I was in my 20s. 19 at the youngest) when my wonderful lemon of a car hydroplaned and I hit the bank headfirst and the car flipped into the ditch. Before I even knew what happened I was flipped over in the ditch.

(edited)
On 2019-05-02 at 3:13 PM, Retro*Derpy said:

I've been in two and I wasn't the one driving either. First one was they lost control of the car and went off road. Seat belt broke and flung me out of the truck. Second one was a car malfunction and sent us crashing through a garage.

Did you sue :wacko: ? Seat belt busting isn’t very…. Reassuring. Old car?

Ive been in 3 fender benders. That’s luckily about it… Won’t forget a couple of close calls from people either crossing a red light or swinging hard from a u-turn.

a few other “swipes” but nothing major or high speed.

Edited by WWolf
  • Brohoof 1

yes, three times. Luckily nothing heavy. The first was on a snowy road where my car landed in the roadside ditch, the second when a car crashed into mine from behind after I stopped on a stop sign (but luckily he was really slow) and the third when I hit a parking car while I wanted to park my car too. The last one was also the only one where I had to call the police.

• 9 months later...

I haven't thankfully. Someone did hit the side of my car once while it was parked, but I wasn't in it luckily. :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

I have, one singular time in my entire life, two years ago. What happened specifically is that a truck stopped abruptly, and the car behind it had to stop abruptly but still crashed against it, and then I had to stop abruptly as well, and I crashed as well. My car ended up thrashed from the front, but I managed to make it unscratched and so did the other person, and the truck guy... I don't know, he ran away as soon as he realized what he had done.

It kind of does change how you look at driving in a permanent way. I am not afraid to admit that I used to be way more reckless while driving before that happened, and ever since that happened, I have been way more wary of not only me and my surroundings, but everything regarding cars. I still am confident on my driving skills, but still... it does a number on you, specially on the short term.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been in a couple a long time ago, both times involved sliding off the road when it was icy.  Nothing major happened and I wasn't hurt, but to this day I hate having to drive in winter weather,  I  usually end up calling out from work unless they close down.

• 3 months later...

I can’t drive but I’ve bin in the car during a very small accident if you can even call it that we where in the drive way getting ready to leave and the lady across the street backed out of her driveway and into ours and hit us. No one was hurt except her car got pretty bad somehow. :jazz-hooves-please: