Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I noticed that lately, the IDW have been putting G1 ponies in FIM comics as cameo's or sometimes have small speaking roles. Which makes the comics awesome as I loved seeing my childhood ponies in there.

Since IDW have also made Ghostbusters, Jem and the Holograms, and G1 Transformers, wouldn't it be awesome if IDW can make a reboot G1 comics like they did with Jem and other 80's cartoons?

Now I know that G1 already has their own comics made in the 80's but they are hard to find, even on E-Bay. I only found the Argentinian version but it's not in English(and it's quite expensive along with shipping as it's in a different country) so I can't read it.

If Hasbro allows IDW to do a reboot of G1 comics, they could use the D&D style or something similar and redo the Rescue at Midnight Castle story because as much as I love that TV special, it was too rushed and the ending sucked(they never gave the Prince a name nor why Megan was 'chosen' to save the Dream Valley, etc.). If the IDW can do a remake comic version of it, it would be awesome and maybe they could put the FIM characters as cameo's like FIM did before. :)

I really hope that someday, IDW can do a reboot of G1 MLP comics based on the series but with better story-line and character development.

What do you guys think? If your not a fan of it, it's cool too. ^_^ It's just my wishful thinking because IDW was able to do on Jem, Ghostbusters, and Transformers so I was hoping they can do the same on G1 MLP. It would be really cool if that were to happen.

I doubt it. While G1 MLP does have it's fans, it's no where near as big as something like G1 Transformers, which is still the most popular Transformers generation from what I know

I'd be on board for it. Maybe it could be done every 10 year anniversary, as part of a "generations story set" (meaning more than 1 comic). Of ourse, I would want te same done with g2 (actual g2. Friendship Gardens, not Pony Tales), and g3, if done this way, as aniversary IDW comic collections

I doubt it. While G1 MLP does have it's fans, it's no where near as big as something like G1 Transformers, which is still the most popular Transformers generation from what I know

Debatable. As popular as G1 was and despite the amount exposure it continues to get, it's popularity is rivaled by Beast Wars as the latter show set the tone for the incarnations that came after it.

Edited by The Coffee Pony
  • Brohoof 2