Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Genres that you want a certain series to have a game in

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Here is a random thing that I have been thinking about lately. As we have seen from countless franchises in gaming, whenever a series gets off the ground and becomes a success, that series will do one of two things: It will branch out and actually tackle multiple genres within its own series or it will be contained and stick with relatively the same genre. Certain franchises can do these things better than others, but the main thing I want to talk about is the second part: Game series that stick with their own genres throughout.

This leads me to the question at hand: Are there any particular game franchises that you would like to tackle a different genre at least once? If so, what series would that be and what genre? You can go into details why if you wish, you can also detail what the game would be like if you want to. ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And we can have two discussions in one: If a certain game series that you like has jumped to another genre at one point, what did you think of it? 

I will say, one of the strangest things I have seen was Metal Gear Acid on the PSP. They were cool games, but it was so strange to see that kind of game in the Metal Gear franchise, as it was a stealth, turn based deck building game. Weird, but interesting at the same time. 

post-8308-0-31537500-1461177798_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Still want that F-Zero Beat-Em-Up. Hell, if you showed people a picture of an F-Zero roster, you'd think it was a fighting game :P

Also I'm a minority in this, but I want another Starfox adventure game  :proud:

• 5 years later...