Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Actors Needed for "Forums Reacts: Season 6 Premiere"

Flight Force

I guess I posted this topic in the wrong spot a few weeks ago, as I only got 1 response xD

Anyways, hopefully this gets a little more attention under Video Creative Resources.

Hi everyone! 

I'll be coordinating a special forum member based reaction collab to the Season 6 Premiere! I previously made MLP Forums Reacts for the Season 5 Finale and more recently the Season 6 Preview. I'll put links to those down below if you're curious. A lot of people turned out to participate previously, and I'm hoping for another great turnout, if not better, this time around! However, I will put a few ruled and regulations in place this time. 

1) If you've previously participated in Forums Reacts, you're welcome to join again! The only thing I ask of you this time around is to try and amp up the comedy aspect. While I was very pleased with the previous two react videos, I feel like we can step things up as a whole in terms of comedy. While the video is mainly about "reacting" to the Season 6 Premiere, try to do less of the unscripted reactions and write down a script beforehand so you know exactly what to say and how to say it, making the video more polished and easier for me to edit.  :P

2) If you're new to this whole thing and want to participate, the first thing I'll say is welcome! There's a few things you need to know before filming your reactions. First off, before doing anything, make sure you have a decent camera and microphone... that means no web-cams! unless your webcam is some ultra high res meta-camera, then go ahead. But otherwise, keep your video as nice looking as possible. 

Next, know that while this is technically a "reaction" video, I'd prefer if you don't record your initial reactions to the premiere (if you've ever seen the YouTuber Jinx, who just sits in front of his camera the whole time and looks like he's having a Vietnam flashback and shows zero emotion to just about everything. Don't be like Jinx). Sometimes it's hard to think of things right on the spot, so I strongly suggest writing a script with timestamps on it that label the spot where you will perform each "reaction". 

Also, and I mean this in the nicest of ways, try to be funny. Some people just don't have it in them when it comes to being entertaining behind the camera. If you feel you've got what it takes to make viewers laugh, whether it's your sheer randomness, tone of voice, witty comments, dank memes, etc., go ahead and get started reacting!

3) Another thing I'd like to make sure everyone gets in the habit of doing from now on is making a lively and witty intro for the first time they would appear on screen. The beginning of the video is sometimes what can reel in or detract viewers. It needs to be filled with humor and action, so get creative and don't be afraid to be too weird!

Thats about it everyone! Oh and also if you do end up submitting footage, share it with me on OneDrive or by email at kevin7bugatti@gmail.com for both options listed. Or post it to YouTube as unlisted and give me the link. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

-Flight

Here's the other MLP Forums Reacts!

• Brohoof 5

I'm gonna be very honest and say that I would really LOVE to be in one of those videos but I have a mayor problem and its that I still dont have my camera back and the mic has been on my wish list for more than a year and I still dont have it because of reasons >.< so I guess that by the time the finale comes out maybe i'll be lucky enough

I would love to participate. Do we just send you the footage of ourselves reacting and then you take care of the rest?

• Brohoof 1

I would love to participate. Do we just send you the footage of ourselves reacting and then you take care of the rest?

Yep! Exactly! Make sure you include an funny "intro" scene to introduce yourself as well. Once you're done, just upload it to youtube as unlisted or share it with me on OneDrive.

• Brohoof 2

Uhm, hiya.

I might actually be interested in trying this - never done so before, but I have seen a few react vids.

So just be funny, watch the epi. and record it?  (With all the stuff you mentioned above, of course.)

Uhm, hiya.

I might actually be interested in trying this - never done so before, but I have seen a few react vids.

So just be funny, watch the epi. and record it?  (With all the stuff you mentioned above, of course.)

Yep! You got it! Glad to have you participating!  :D

• Brohoof 1

Heyo!

This time I intend to participate :D

I would've been in the last one but I procrastinated and such. This time though...hopefully I wont!! XD

Great! Think you can get it to me by May 15th?

I'll throw my name in the hat, but I'm not so sure if my camera quality is up there. Are we just recording ourselves or should we use a gaming face-cam set up?

I'd prefer if you used a nice quality camera that shoots in 720p 30 fps or better, but I'll accept stuff of less quality ;) If you're still interested, try to get me your stuff by May 15th, and write a script to ensure that you're as funny as possible!  :D

Great! Think you can get it to me by May 15th?

I'd prefer if you used a nice quality camera that shoots in 720p 30 fps or better, but I'll accept stuff of less quality ;) If you're still interested, try to get me your stuff by May 15th, and write a script to ensure that you're as funny as possible!  :D

Alright, I can shoot 1080p 60fps out of my webcam I think. Mic quality is good for sure though. I'll get to it, and try to send you the best segments I can get soon.

Ehhh, as fun as that sounds I do like some kind of anonymity on the internet. I'm absolutely positive I can write out a comedic script with time stamps, but I wouldn't want to show my face. 

I'm "Youtube, all I want to do is watch a video, stop making me update." If you've seen my comments and frequent brony channels you'll probably know I can at least deliver on the one liners and the dry wit. However the caveat would be my face will not be shown, its just going to be my voice. 

IF I can do it with just my voice I'd absolutely give it a shot though. You can use my internet face and/or OC as my representation. 

My internet face

ushiromiya_maria_by_aneroph.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone! The new video is almost done, and I was wondering if any of the other reactors would want to watch it together for the first time on youtube? We could start a Skype call and comment on the video as it went along and just have a good time (after this extremely long wait, sorry about that, been really busy with work and a summer class). If you wanna try this let me know so we can work out a day and time and I can publish the vid accordingly. If no one want to do this, that's Okay, I'll just publish the video very soon!