Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Virtual Pony

Bohtty

31 users have voted

1. 1. Would you use a Virtual Pony website?

• Yes
    • No

Hey, Some of you might be familiar with Dragon Cave website where you find dragon eggs and then raise them by putting them in your signature to solicit clicks.

I was wondering if you guys would use a similar site but of the pony variety.

If there is some interest in this idea then I would also like to know if there is anybody here who would be interested in doing the art for the different ponies while I do the code for the website. More the merrier. I'll edit and add more info if there is an interest. :)

Thanks for reading,

Bohtty

I haven't actually used that website because I'm not a dragon fan xD, but I don't think I would make them die if I get some collaborators then we would probably discuss it :wub:

I'm liking where this is going.

post-2915-0-72432400-1335759616.jpg

This means I have no idea how I could be of any assistance whatsoever, so I'll say I contributed by being there with you guys while you're doing everything. (I give you my support!)

(edited)

Hey guys, for dragon cave you get the dragons as eggs... ponies don't come from eggs except scootaloo. We all know where babies come from and I'm not going to depict *that* on the website. So I was thinking you could get baby fillies/colts via capsule from like one of those vending machine things.

Anyone else have some good alternatives.

Thanks for the support guys :]

Edited by Bohtty

(edited)

Let me know if you find anything because I didn't when I looked.

Also guys I am looking for some group members to help draw the different ponies as well as discuss some of the finer details.

The artists will need to be able to mimic the show's style almost identically, vector and all.

Send me/link me some of your stuff if your interested. More the merrier.

Edited by Bohtty

I'm not a good artist and don't have any coding expertise but I could help provide a few ideas. Possibly, instead of dying, the ponies could become sad without enough clicks or something. A pony with a generous amount of clicks would be happy however. Ponies could be found by seeing a picture of an area in Ponyville and random ponies would appear in certain areas - Pinkie Pie would be more common near/in Sugarcube Corner et cetera, and Rainbow Dash would be found near Cloudsdale or in a cloud at the top of the screen.

I'm not a good artist and don't have any coding expertise but I could help provide a few ideas. Possibly, instead of dying, the ponies could become sad without enough clicks or something. A pony with a generous amount of clicks would be happy however. Ponies could be found by seeing a picture of an area in Ponyville and random ponies would appear in certain areas - Pinkie Pie would be more common near/in Sugarcube Corner et cetera, and Rainbow Dash would be found near Cloudsdale or in a cloud at the top of the screen.

I like both those ideas and I think I will implement the happy/sad thing. Now I am not sure if I should do the "find them in Equestria" idea or the capsule idea I originally had.

As for adding some more interaction then just clicking, I was thinking about maybe adding Oregon Trail-like elements if that makes any sense.

I really enjoy this idea of having a virtual pony. However, I don't have any ideas for it really. (Except possibly being able to create how your pony looks) All I can say is go for it!

That's great to hear guys because I'm almost ready to start offering beta sign ups :] I already got the URL and everything :wub:

(edited)

Hopefully there will be enough room for all of you because it will be an mlpforums exclusive beta test :3

Edited by Bohtty

Don't worry, you dont have to tell me :] All you will need is your MLPforums screen name and an internet connection :] I will announce the time for open beta ahead of time so everyone has a fair chance. It shouldn't be a problem, There should be plenty of room :]