Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why didn't the mane cast just steal the Sirens' necklaces?

Slashy

As PiratePony said, there was no indication to the mane cast that the necklaces were anything other than ordinary jewelry until the very end of the movie.

And few people habitually tear jewelry off everyone they meet in case they are powerful magical artifacts.

• Brohoof 1

I'm sure seeing the energy being taken into their necklaces was good enough hint for them.

It's not entirely made clear whether that green mist effect is visible in-universe. One might bring up Sunset "seeing" it when they were under the stage, but that isn't really conclusive either (she could just have made the leap of logic without seeing it, which would explain why she was looking up in horror.) 

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Because they didn't know it was the necklaces that fueled that power. It might be obvious to us, the viewer but a lot more is revealed to the audience than the cast.

(edited)

I am pretty sure that the main characters didn't know that it was the necklaces that powered Adagio, Sonata, and Aria's magic.

Edited by cmarston1

(edited)

I did wonder why Twilight just didn't get a baseball bat and smash their heads in. The same thing she could of done against Sunset as well (no warranted Sunset hate here just why not swing a bat to end it)

Twilight isn't a student there she won't get in trouble she can just go back to Equestria.

Edited by cider float

Why didn't the mane six just follow the sirens down a back alley with a couple of baseball bats and beat them into a coma?

I did wonder why Twilight just didn't get a baseball bat and smash their heads in. The same thing she could of done against Sunset as well (no warranted Sunset hate here just why not swing a bat to end it)

Twilight isn't a student there she won't get in trouble she can just go back to Equestria.

Oh goddamnit, that joke was already done >.<

• 2 weeks later...

Probably cause she's not a phyco killer :lol:

post-35311-0-20258000-1465304844_thumb.png

But I wonder if the dazzlings got arrested at the end or did she let them off easy? Cause they punished sunset so I hope they punished them too

Movies making sense never lol movies never usually use logical sense since it would end the movie to quickly so they had to make the characters gullible in order to expand the movie to a longer length well not sure if gullible is the correct word for it, but the characters not knowing where its coming from is the key to the movie being longer and it makes for great toys Hasbro always has to make the money on the use of not logical thinking.

1. They didn't know the pendants were important.

2. That would be stealing.

3. The Siren's could legitimately take the Human 7 down for theft and there would be nothing they could do about it.

4. The Siren's would have known the Human 7 were on to them and plan counter-measures accordingly.

5. Letting an enemy who can mind control dozens, possibly hundreds of people know you are on to them is the worst move you can make against someone with such a power.

For that last one, imagine if the Sirens were in Equestria. They would be mind controlling people subtly to get what they want, and it'd be feasible to actually ambush them as they are not actively hiding but being subtle about their intentions. If the protagonists were to declare war on the Sirens, the subtly would no longer be necessary, they could cut to the chase and mind control everyone to attack the protagonists while they hide in a now heavily fortified Equestrian castle, awaiting the heads of their enemies to be delivered to them by their hundreds of mindlessly devoted servants. I hope that clears up why it would be a bad idea to let the Sirens know you're on to them.

• 3 weeks later...

They had no idea the necklaces were magic and secondly there would be no movie plot if it were that simple LOL.

See, that actually makes me wish it did happen. No plot, no movie, nothing to cringe at.

Problem solved.

• 4 weeks later...

1. Because the writers are stupid.

2. Because the movie needed a plot.

3. Because the Rainbooms did not know that the Sirens gained their power from their necklaces.

Choose one. '-'

(edited)

1. Because the writers are stupid.

2. Because the movie needed a plot.

3. Because the Rainbooms did not know that the Sirens gained their power from their necklaces.

Choose one. '-'

It seems like all 3 to me :P

Edited by DerpyFIM4

I think there is an argument on why they could have just outright destroyed the gems. I mean if the mane six was able to notice the green mist and the way all the students were getting hazy and all of the mist ended up going to the gems, wouldn't they have gotten the hint? I mean they noticed magic even though they have only been exposed to magic that one time in the first movie after all.