Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Elements Of Harmony And Infinity Stones

Midnight Seashell

If you're familiar with Thanos a marvel villian you'll know he has a gauntlet with six stones in it. These six stones are the infinity stones which are of cosmic origin and each one has a certain ability and they can be used individually or if used collectively ( a seventh stone is sometimes added) allow the wielder virtual omnipotence and omniscience but if the owner is unaware of the vast potential of a stone they could never realize it. The six stones are:

1 The mind stone which is a blue colour and you guessed it reads minds and allows psionic powers.

2 The reality stone which is yellow and can warp reality and is apparently the most powerful and without the other gems it can go out of control and can travel through alternative universes.

3 The power stone which is red and allows for all power and energy such has ever existed and can enhance the other gems.

4 The space stone which is purple and allows the user to exist in any or all locations and move objects throughout reality and full potential grants omnipresence.

5 The time stone which is orange and allows total control over the past,present and future and traps people or entire universes in unending looks of time and full potential grants omniscience.

6 The soul stone which is green and allows the theft,control and manipulation of souls living or dead and steal the powers and abilities of others and is the only sentient stone.

Now in Equestria the elements of harmony are six supernatural artefacts that represent aspects of harmony which are:

1 Magic-Magenta which is owned by Twilight who is the smartest of the group and the most talented in magic.

2 Honesty-Orange which is owned by Applejack the most physically strongest of the group.

3 Kindness-Pink which is FlutterShy who understands animals and can control them with her stare.

4 Loyalty-Red which is owned by RainbowDash who is the most atheletic of the group.

5 Generosity-Purple which is owned by Rarity the most inspirational of the group.

6 Laughter-Blue which is owned by PinkiePie who ocassionly breaks the fourth wall and often does the impossible.

These elements were found by Luna and Celestia and taken from the year of harmony and can only work if used by those who told the corresponding trait but are often used collectively in dire situations to restore peace and the effects are temporary and non-lethal.

Now let's look at the similarities:

1 Both sets have six.

2 Both sets can be used individually or collectively.

3 Both sets have stones with an individual trait.

4 The stones in each set change apperance overtime.

5 Both sets are seemingly indestructible.

Long story short is it possible the elemnts of harmony and infinity stones are the same but the ponies can't use them to their full potential because friendship is magic and ponies won't kill or I'm looking way too much into this?

Edited by Midnight Seashell

O.0 I love the marvel universe and have never once thought of this. That was some awesome info gathering. But you make a very valid point, the only thing is that the infinity stones can kill or destroy the user if they are not powerful enough to wild them, where the elements of harmony can only be welded by those with the correct trait. I think it would be impossible for the elements of harmony to be used as a weapon because they represent traits of good rather traits of balance, or un rightousness.

(edited)

I think it would be impossible for the elements of harmony to be used as a weapon because they represent traits of good rather traits of balance, or un rightousness.

Thanks I wanted to discuss this for a while now. But what I want to know is why Sunset Shimmer(the first time) and Human Twilight became evil when using the elements.

Edited by Midnight Seashell

I think it would be impossible for the elements of harmony to be used as a weapon because they represent traits of good rather traits of balance, or un rightousness.

>elements can't be used for evil

COUGH COUGH

large.png

sig-4488238.large.png

Edited by Unlikeable Pony

>elements can't be used for evil

COUGH COUGH

Equestria Girls' world works differently. Plus most of the magic used, including power stolen by antagonists, has to be derived from the Element of Magic or its leftover magic since the only other magic was the limited stuff the Dazzlings had to siphon energy by singing and the magic that creates the portal to Equestria.

Edited by Marimo

• 2 years later...

well the elements of harmony are 6 infinity stones that work through the power of harmony rather than brute force like the power, space, reality, soul, time, and mind... the harmony gauntlet could be powerful enough to equal or surpass the infinity gauntlet

(edited)
On 4/25/2016 at 6:42 AM, Nagisa452 said:

the infinity stones can kill or destroy the user if they are not powerful enough to wild them

That depends on the continuity. This really just applies to the MCU universe, whereas in Marvel's Earth-616 universe, several heroes on Earth temporarily had the Infinity Gauntlet and used it for different purposes. Namely Cap, Iron Man and Black Panther. In the video games, people don't even need the gauntlet. They can just activate each stone as easily as a firearm.

Case in point:

6.png.5b3393008d010ffe6959c3574846d44e.pngmarvel-vs_-capcom_-infinite_20170918013958.thumb.jpg.0d0c70d46274ac6f5b1fea14befe1ceb.jpg

Back to the OP: No, the Infinity Stones and Elements of Harmony are nothing like. Each one of the former represent a critical aspect of existence. In The Thanos Quest prequel to the Infinity Gauntlet series, it's explained that they were originally part of a single entity that existed in the beginning of time. There was absolutely nothing else in the universe, and this being willed itself to die out of sheer loneliness. As its consciousness ceased to exist, its essence manifested into the six stones, after which the universe began to develop over billions of years. That makes this single entity the literal god of the Marvel universe from which all matter, energy, time, space and the laws of physics were created. Hence, anybody who obtains the stones can practically be that god, as they'll have the power to change all reality as they see fit. So of course when a genocidal lunatic like Thanos gets his hands on them, that's going to cause problems.

The Elements are merely conduits that empower the ponies/people representing different facets of a social function, which manifests itself as a form of magic. Friendship is portrayed as the ultimate force for good in the universe, and against many villains with evil motivations, it often wins by reforming said villains, or in Tirek's case, depowering them by neutralizing their dark magic. The Elements were never intended to do more than that. 

Edited by KillerKingBakudan
  • Brohoof 1

it's a fun little idea (one i fully intend to turn into fanfiction), but i doubt it. the infinity stones and the gauntlet make the wearer a god. the elements just work to zap people good and power down other big bads. so i guess they could be severely nerfed alternate versions of the infinity stones that represent different character aspects rather than aspects of the universe.

seriously though, can we get a infinity war and mlp crossover fanfic. i would read that in a heartbeat.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think you're looking too much into this;

on one side you got the freaking Infinity Stones, literally capable of reshaping the Universe they originated from, each one being a singularity on its own

And on the other it's a tree that grew and spouted some magical elements

there is a difference of scaling, see

• Brohoof 1