Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who were your childhood ponies?

Leave a Whisper

Who were your childhood ponies? Which Gens did/do you have? Do you still have them? Who were your favorites? Any you didn't like? Any that were special gifts from people?

I don't remember all my ponies, since I was veeery young when G1 first got started. I don't have them anymore. My mom gave them away when I was 12. I've been working on replacing some of my favorites though.

Windy-I'm not for sure, but I think she may have been my first. I have early memories of her.

Baby Surf Dancer-she was my only sea pony.

Gusty-I loved her in the show, so I was thrilled to get her. Looking to replace her. She was lost in a move.

Shady-I remember not wanting her at first, because I'd wanted another pony at the time and I'm not a fan of pink, but she became one of my favorites and I identified with her, because I was the insecure, sensitive, can't do anything right kid too.

Princess Tiffany-My only childhood Princess and my favorite. I'm bent on replacing her.

Sweet Pop-My first Twinkle Eye, she was a favorite, until my uncle's dog chewed off her legs and she had to be tossed. I was so upset at him. He murderized my purple Easter Bunny too. I've replaced this cutie now and I still love her.

Salty-My only Big Brother. I thought his name was kinda dumb, so I called him Tugboat. He got played with in the pool and tub a lot. I prefer other Big Bros so he won't be getting replaced.

Sweet Stuff-My second Twinkle Eye and a show favorite.

Mirror Mirror-I got this lovely girl from a friend. Magic Message ponies are the coolest and she has a pretty unusual color scheme.

Sunnybunch-She was from another friend and one of my favorites. Wish my mom hadn't given them away, Merry-go-round ponies are expensive and hard to find these days. :(

Dancing Butterflies-Oh I loved this elegant Pegasus! If Flutter Shy has a G1 ancestor, its her.

My best friend gave me her MLPs (and She-Ra horses) to make room for her growing Breyer collection.

Fizzy-She is my most favorite Unicorn ever! She's gorgeous, I like her personality and I love Twinkle Eyes. She was one of the first ponies I got back when I started collecting G1s again.

Moondancer-This girl is one of my favorites, I was thrilled to see her reappear in G4. Can't wait to get her toy again.

Whizzer-Fastest talking and the fastest flyer, she's the Blurr of Dream Valley. I only wish she had that red streak in her mane, but she's still a cute pony.

Baby Starflower-Sparkle babies are cute, but I don't really dig orange/yellow.

Lickety-split-She was never really a favorite of mine.

Dazzle Glow-She was my very last pony, because I was getting to old. Glow n Shows are one my favorite sets and since I couldn't find the awesome Star Glow, I chose Daz. It took me forever to replace her. Aside from my customs, she is my most expensive and rare pony.

Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 1

Oooh, I envy you!  :wub:

When I was a kid (early 90's) none of the original Hasbro products were available in my country. Even though I watched the MLP cartoon and had a VHS copy of the MLP movie, I could only play with knock-off figures. (Though I had no idea that they were knock-offs back then. They looked quite decent, actually.)

My first licensed ponies were the G2 ones that popped up in McDonald's back in 1999 - Morning Glory, Sun Sparkle, Sweet Berry and Princess Star Swirl. I collected them all and LOVED them to bits! Still have them stashed away somewhere.

post-14850-0-02426400-1461598477_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Oooh, I envy you!  :wub:

When I was a kid (early 90's) none of the original Hasbro products were available in my country. Even though I watched the MLP cartoon and had a VHS copy of the MLP movie, I could only play with knock-off figures. (Though I had no idea that they were knock-offs back then. They looked quite decent, actually.)

My first licensed ponies were the G2 ones that popped up in McDonald's back in 1999 - Morning Glory, Sun Sparkle, Sweet Berry and Princess Star Swirl. I collected them all and LOVED them to bits! Still have them stashed away somewhere.

attachicon.gifmcdonalds.jpg

Way cool. I'd love to see pics of your G2s.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I grew up in some first gen but mostly 2nd gen.  My favorite childhood pony would have to be Twinkler the sparkle pony. I did have others but I was far to young to remember and they were stolen on me some time ago. But the ones I did manage to find that I had as a kid were banana suprise and Cherry treats. Which Im rehabbing all 3 since time and their storage were not kind to them lol.

• Brohoof 1

I grew up with generation 1 and 2, but I only had one pony which was generation 1 so soft Wind Whistler I no longer have her due to somebody cut her up when I was a child, but my cousin did get me another Wind Whistler with original fading pink mane and tail for Christmas in which that Wind Whistler she purchased me was yet again my first pony and she was the reason I started collecting my little pony and now I have a collection of generation 1, my little pony friends, my little pony tales, generation 2, generation 3/3.5 and generation 4.

Edited by chaosprincess
  • Brohoof 2

• 4 years later...