Did you like it?  

131 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like the episode?

• It was terribad! >: (
    • I didn't like it.
    • It was...meh.
    • I liked it.
    • IT WAS GREAT AND POWERFUL!!! <3

Okay so No Second Prances,it it would a second glance?

What I liked:

Trixie: Okay she was great here, I liked that working title bit and her concerns felt geuniene
Vinyl: VINYL GOT NAME DROPPED!!!!!
Cranky and Celestia: Man that ending question!
Twlight: I liked her more crazy antics, especially that bush scene
Ponyville: Nicely colorful this time around and holding a mild amount of distrust to Trixie, but not to much which makes sense.

What I didn't like:
Fluttershy: A) She doesn't even get a line!? B ) REALLY WRITERS SHE TAMED A FUCKING MANITCORE SHE SHOULDN'T BE SCARED OF THEM!
The hypocrisy: Twilight trust Starlight but not Trixie. Really? Also Starlight calling out Twilight for doing the exact same thing she did during Season 5
The Stream: Had an interruption again

What was meh: 

Starlight Glimmer: Sorry but I just don't empathize with this character. She wasn't awful but all the attempts at joking about her past fell flat and made Twilight's bitterness at Trixie worse. And her emotional struggle wasn't engaging to me in the slightest. Trixie's emotional struggle was far better since there were consequences to her actions, especially at the end with the stage performance. 
The Mane 6: Oh hi mane characters, nice to see you drop in on the show every now and then.

So probably the best Trixie episode but that's not saying much and even then it's not cracking my top 50%

Edited by Sidral Mundet
  • Brohoof 1

I really liked this episode. I feel like the characterization for Twilight, Starlight, and Trixie was spot on here. I'm glad to see Twilight learning more about teaching and also learning more about friendship in the process. Trixie wanting to 1up Twilight is understandable, but what surprised me is that Trixie felt bad afterwards and genuinely cared about Starlight. I seriously thought that Trixie was just using Starlight, but what happened in this episode developed Trixie very well and made her way more likable. Then there's Starlight, who can't even seem to make friends in the "friendliest town in Equestria". I'm starting to like Starlight a lot. Not only that, but she reminds me of Twilight in a lot of ways and still stands well on her own. I enjoyed the drama between the three of them and the lesson they learned together. The episode was funny and also kinda heartfelt at times too.

Also, the Derpy and Vinyl thing was pretty amusing. I didn't expect them at all, and that's what made it so funny. It didn't feel too forced, so no problem there. :P

• Brohoof 2

This episode to me was to question Twilight's role as a teacher for Starlight. It shows that even teachers makes mistakes just as bad as students and that Twilight's own personal fear got in the way of teaching Starlight friendship. Trixie in the other hand, wants forgiveness from her past actions and Twilight wouldn't acknowledge her reconcile. To me, Twilight has a lot to learn about acceptance and the ability to let go.

This episode did had its perks though, we see some good Derpy and DJ Pon-3 screentime and I thought that DJ will finally speak! but the amount of BG ponies were great in this episode too. Then again, the mane 5 were seen only briefly. Big Mac in the other hand was the spotlight of the episode, a truly funny scene.

A great episode about trust, fear, and acceptance.

(Anypony notice the animation when Raindow dash when to fly away, it was stellar and It reminded me of Rainbowlicious.)

Edited by MiataPony
  • Brohoof 2

It was certainly better than I though it was going to be. I was afraid it was going to end up being "What About Discord Part 2", in having Twilight act out of character and not trust someone for no good reason.

Which kinda did happen, unfortunately. I would have liked it if they kept out the scene of Twilight hiding in the bushes, since it makes Twilight out to be a major jerk not trusting Starlight, especially since it appeared that Twilight had forgiven Trixie during the end of Magic Duel. Speaking of Starlight, she was a bit too trigger happy with her horn here: setting up the table before Twilight finishes talking, making a a cake in seconds that makes Mrs. Cake yell at her (which was way uncalled for I might add) and making Big Mac blather on to the point he's running around in terror (which was funny.)

The face Dash makes upon learning that Starlight has no idea who the Wonderbolts are is already being made into a meme, i just know it. And.. Angel Bunny LIKES SOMEBODY?! What sorcery is this? 

Despite all this, everything comes together nicely near the end. The fact that Trixie shows legit remorse for tricking Starlight helps redeem her slightly, and Twilight does realize that she should have kept her distance after seeing both Trixie and Starlight upset. Though, it's kind of ruined by the fact that the trick is literally life or death, since either Starlight forgives Trixie and helps her pull off the trick, or Trixie becomes Manticore chow. It would have been interesting if Starlight helped Trixie, but showed she doesn't completely forgive Trixie, but may be still willing to be her friend regardless.

And, to top it off, Cranky asked the question equestrian scientists have likely been driven mad by: "How do get your hair to do that?"

Overall, this was an alright episode. It could have been better and did repeat a few pitfalls of similar episodes, but was still enjoyable in its own way.  

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 1

Also, the Derpy and Vinyl thing was pretty amusing. I didn't expect them at all, and that's what made it so funny.

I was shocked when Vinyl came out of that bush. And we could hear Wubz bleeding from her cans. ^_^  

• Brohoof 2

Why was Celestia so grumpy in this episode? I guess she realized that Starlight got her own episode before she did. In all seriousness, I really enjoyed this one. I like how all 3 of the main characters were at fault instead of making Twilight out to be the bad guy like in "What about Discord?" Also, that Big Mac bit was AMAZING!!!

• Brohoof 3

All Celestia did was sigh in this episode xD

According to the staff we might have to blame the Superman syndrome for it.

If they are going to use Celestia like that in the future, they can just as well write her out of the show.

Seriously, fuck this shit.

Edited by Swifty
  • Brohoof 1

REALLY WRITERS SHE TAMED A FUCKING MANITCORE SHE SHOULDN'T BE SCARED OF THEM!

She was more scared of how it was being used for a dangerous stunt. 

I was shocked when Vinyl came out of that bush.

It was ironic that Starlight was forced to make friends with a pony (Big Mac) who barely speaks, and then to a pony (Vinyl) who never speaks. We could pretty much see that friendship was doomed from the start!

• Brohoof 1

My first episode discussion post ayylmao

I liked the episode overall but one think irked me slightly

The way Celestia was acting was really weird, I get the show wanted to show that she was getting bored and disappointed because the people she thought she'd have dinner with weren't there. But the way she blanked the hell out of cranky was a bit mean.

Was hoping the scene would end with us seeing Celestia making do and being buddies with the unexpected guests :D

• Brohoof 4

True, but she seemed to have a "I'm not in the mood for this sh-" attitude from the moment she arrived and didn't see Starlight.

She probably knew that Twilight was starting to get a little "Lesson Zero"-y again.

Didn't please Celestia back then, likely wouldn't please her now.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 4

It was ironic that Starlight was forced to make friends with a pony (Big Mac) who barely speaks, and then to a pony (Vinyl) who never speaks. We could pretty much see that friendship was doomed from the start!

I don't know about Big Mac but friendship with Vinyl isn't doomed from the start. I mean, she's got Octavia. We all know that friendship is a stellar one without any tension of any kind whatsoever~  :icwudt:

It seems like some important things happen at that table in Twi's castle but they never get expounded upon. I was hoping for some Celestial insight. I guess a stunt show is cool though, like in Leap of Faith. 

Why was Celestia so grumpy in this episode? I guess she realized that Starlight got her own episode before she did.

No. It was just cake withdrawal.  :please:

Seriously though, was there any cake at that table? Maybe she was waiting to get her share.  :sunbutt:

I don't know about Big Mac but friendship with Vinyl isn't doomed from the start. I mean, she's got Octavia. We all know that friendship is a stellar one without any tension of any kind whatsoever~  :icwudt:

I know, but Starlight said she could never be friends with any pony who barely speaks. And the only pony who speaks less than Mac is Vinyl. So it was kind of funny she kept getting paired with ponies she's unlikely to get close to.

She probably knew that Twilight was starting to get a little "Lesson Zero"-y again.

This is the most pissed off at Twilight we've seen Celestia get since "Lesson Zero". We'll see I guess if Twi is on the outs with her mentor as the season goes on.

The way Celestia was acting was really weird, I get the show wanted to show that she was getting bored and disappointed because the people she thought she'd have dinner with weren't there. But the way she blanked the hell out of cranky was a bit mean.

Yeah I didn't get that. Even if Twilight made her wait, Celestia is usually pretty friendly with her subjects and could have started a conversation with them to pass the time. It was like she didn't even want to be around them.

• Brohoof 2

Huh, so there ARE ponies in Equestria who don't know the Wonderbolts are. Interesting to know.

Well, you also can't expect that everybody knows, who Lionel Messi is. ;)

• Brohoof 2