Did you like it?  

131 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like the episode?

• It was terribad! >: (
    • I didn't like it.
    • It was...meh.
    • I liked it.
    • IT WAS GREAT AND POWERFUL!!! <3

Guys, I apologize for this. The poll has finally been added, but I offer no excuses. That was all on me.

Sorry Trixie.  :(

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh no! Trixie's back! Fortunately, this episode has addressed the problem that her "redemption" after conquering Ponyville wasn't earned and Twilight's concern is understandable since a former villain is probably not the best role model for another former villain. Starlight, like Discord, still has antiheroic tendencies like humorously forcing Big Mac to talk against his will and that's great since friendship takes time and Starlight is still learning the basics of friendship and how to use her omnipotent unicorn magic for the good of Equestria. With great power comes great responsibility, after all. And that's a lesson she will inevitably, but gradually, learn.

Nevertheless, the lesson Twilight was supposed to learn would be more justified if she didn't have a legitimate reason for not really trusting Trixie. Furthermore, Starlight thought she was actually helping ponies by stealing their Cutie Marks whereas Trixie consciously oppressed ponies and begrudged Twilight all for her selfish and petty gain. And she stole Pinkie's mouth! What did Starlight learn this episode though? She's new to the Mane cast so she needs friendship lessons fast!

Trixie had a more conventional redemption so at least I can respect her a little now I guess.

Edited by Sh Pie
  • Brohoof 1

I really really enjoyed this episode. I know I say this a lot but this season has such wonderful voice actors.

Crying Starlight and Trixie is perfection.

And I like how the Princess of Friendship is still learning really powerful lessons.

As others have pointed out, Trixie was either depressed enough or trusting enough to be shot into the manticore's mouth without knowing that Starlight would save her. I'm surprised by how dark this is.

> Twilight, who has been shown to be obsessive, neurotic and paranoid, is obsessive, neurotic and paranoid this episode.

> Twilight is acting out of character and is an annoying jerkhorse! Worst episode ever!

> They forget to show Twilight's flaws

> Mary Sue!

> They show Twilight's flaws

> Jerkhorse!

> Fun, good old cartoon comedy

> Oh my goddess Starlight is a monster!

> Hey! Here's the characters you bornies and the little kids love! DJ Pon-3! Derpy! Cranky!

> Disgusting pandering!

> Trollestia, who loves action, pranks and silliness and who is a wise mentor is bored when nothing is happening and is frustrated when her former student is blatantly lying

> Celestia is acting out of character!

> It's a well written episode!

> It's a poorly written episode!

> Best episode ever!

> Worst episode ever!

... I'm confused.

I love you, horse! Let me hug you :D. Paranoid Twilight is the best Twilight.

Everytime Twilight try to appeal to Celestia, she becomes insane:D, I love it.

Starlight, like Discord, still has antiheroic tendencies like humorously forcing Big Mac to talk against his will and that's great since friendship takes time and Starlight is still learning the basics of friendship and how to use her omnipotent unicorn magic for the good of Equestria. With great power comes great responsibility, after all. And that's a lesson she will inevitably, but gradually, learn.

Speaking of which, Discord and Starlight, it would be nice to see how these two interact with each other.

• Brohoof 3

I just couldn't enjoy this episode.

Fact is, I just don't like where they've taken the show in general these past 2 seasons.

I feel the writers have just lost touch with favoring the fan pandering over story content and this episode just lost it for me

• Brohoof 1

I liked everything about it except for Trixie's voice. Even when she's being honest she sounds like she's lying through her teeth. I don't think that's how it's supposed to work.

So far my favourite episode in Series 6! It had just enough pandering with Vinyl and Derpy, just enough humour with the Celestia scene and Starlight's social problems and just enough individuality with them bringing back the Great and Humble Trixie to score it high on my list.

Definitely the best episode of this season so far, and one of the best slice of life episodes in the entire show. Perfect 10/10 in my book. I don't want to sound biased, but I legitimately just can't find anything wrong with it. Starlight's redemption, for better or worse, really pays off here because she's becoming more and more likable. I did not see her friendship with Trixie coming, and I'm pleasantly surprised at how genuine it was. They got along so well, and I'm glad that we're likely going to see more of them together in later episodes. And for once, we actually see a more "human" side to Trixie (for lack of a better word) that she's needed badly for years. She's never had friends before, and her need to belittle others in the past was rooted in her lack of self-esteem. You can tell from how she carried herself on stage after Starlight was hurt, and how she in turn was hurt because of Twilight. If I wasn't already a Trixie fan from the beginning, that moment where she's in pain would have converted me for sure. And to top it off, Snips and Snails aren't there to annoy you and ruin the story. The misconception that they're attached to Trixie in the sense that Silver Spoon is to Diamond Tiara finally got smashed, so for that, I can't thank DHX enough.

The main criticism I'm seeing about Twilight acting "out of character" really convinced me how badly some people just want to rag on every new season that comes out. It's absurd. Why is her disapproval of Starlight befriending Trixie such a stretch when it took an entire season for the Mane Six to accept Discord? Yeah, Trixie was forgiven at the end of Magic Duel, but that is not the same as earning trust. Twilight had every reason to act possessive over Starlight. It may not have been the right choice, but it's a mistake that anybody in her position could make. Even as a princess, she's flawed. That's what makes her a great character.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Given how often I've seen Chinese Emperors (TV reenactment or documents) totally flip the lid and give out severe punishments (such as death by beheading) over the smallest mistakes (such as keeping him waiting for 10 minutes at a banquet), Princess Celestia is quite tolerant given her status as a princess, all she did was giving an unamused look.

1143764__safe_solo_princess+celestia_scr

I was getting quite anxious for princess Twilight when I saw this face, probably due to culture reasons, but still, got to give it to her, she's probably one of the most kind and forgiving individual in authority I've seen.

That being said,

Congratulations Trixie, welcome to the "whitewashed villains" club.

Who's next?

Edited by Solid

Given how often I've seen Chinese Emperors (TV reenactment or documents) totally flip the lid and give out severe punishments (such as death by beheading) over the smallest mistakes (such as keeping him waiting for 10 minutes at a banquet), Princess Celestia is quite tolerant given her status as a princess, all she did was giving an unamused look.

sig-4531396.1143764__safe_solo_princess%

I was getting quite anxious for princess Twilight when I saw this face, probably due to culture reasons, but still, got to give it to her, she's probably one of the most kind and forgiving individual in authority I've seen.

That being said,

Congratulations Trixie, welcome to the "whitewashed villains" club.

Who's next?

I'm pretty sure that once Twilight, Starlight, and Trixie came back to the castle, they explained everything to Celestia, and she forgave them for keeping her waiting as long as they did, allowing them to still enjoy the dinner, even if they still included Cranky, Derpy, and DJ PON3 as well because of Twilight's desperation to avoid disappointing Celestia because Starlight had been helping Trixie with her show earlier instead of coming to the dinner in the first place.

• Brohoof 1

The problem with this episode's characterisation of P Celly arises from the fact that she was instantly annoyed by things not going perfectly to plan. There was not a single moment where she exhibited her usual kindness / understanding, it was just sighs and exasperation from the first. If she had started out seemingly undisturbed / understanding about Starlight's absence and then after a suitable time had passed, had become disgruntled with the "no show", I wouldn't have said a word against her. Instead, she was made out to be critical and impatient from the get go, a far cry from her usual portrayal. The writers used her as a tool to enhance Twilight's discomfort, and not as a character in her own right, and that is what rankles with me. It could so easily have been been justified by just a single scene of Celestia acting like the Celestia we know, not a downplayed version of the yaks from Yakaykistan, or whatever.

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...

I've found my opinion about Trixie in this episode changing recently. At first, I enjoyed the emotional range she displayed in the episode, but now I'd classify her as a sort of "Jerkass Woobie" in the third act.

It's easy to see that her despair comes from the absence of personal connections in her life and that her trademark egotism may be a false front covering a lack of self-esteem. However, the way she snaps at Twilight shows that she just can't drop the ego, in that she's so poorly socially adjusted that she doesn't know when to give up the act and admit that others know more than she does. The stage persona had taken over her entire life even though we're given hints throughout her many appearances that it's not who she truly is, such as when she drops third-person speech when exposed in "Boast Busters".

She fits the "woobie" side because she has no friends and lost what was then her only chance because she didn't know how to express herself, having only known how to talk down to others and not up or equal to them. She fits "jerkass" because it was through her own actions and an unwillingness to admit that Twilight was right that caused her to say something she regretted and go into despair. I'll give credit where credit is due, this episode did make Trixie a more interesting character, and a touch more understandable, even if I still hoped that reality would've hit her like a train.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

When Twilight first meets Twixie in this episode, Trixie was acting pretty suspicious. So I can understand why Twilight didn't completely trust her. 

This looks like an ''I'm up to no good'' expression

1143255__safe_screencap_animated_trixie_ 

So, yeah. Twilight was being paranoid, but giving the way Trixie was acting, I can't blame her. 

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

I remember hearing Trixie say "ponyville" and the first thing that popped in my mind was "I....I KNOW THAT VOICE!" :P  

Edited by KrazyDashie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking at this again Trixie was actually for once opening up herself to befriend somepony for once without manipulation. Starlight fits the bill because she's ironically like in Trixie's shoes or do I say horseshoes perhaps. Both are at a cross road in a life-altering path and their entangled pasts ultimately creates a reliability between them. It's nice to see two former baddies come together to create an uncanny type of friendship that actually works. That in fact shows that even in all doubt even by Twilight, the best that you can do the most out of friendships by caring and showing compassion for others, even when if it seems like they don't even deserve it. This is the Magic of Friendship, the unparalleled boundaries that don't discriminate.