Sign in to follow this  
Tech Reel

Game Game Makers? Animators? COME HITHER!

Hey everyone! :muffins:

I'm here to seek out anyone who'd like to help me make a game!

Now I'm not talking about anything that'll be sold or anything, just a free game. A 2D platformer to be exact.

I have the idea, but I need someone with the skills to help create it. Namely I need an animator(for some mini cut scenes) and someone who knows how to program a game. In case you're curious, here's the synopsis of the game's story.

-----

A beginning animator's bouncing ball sketches are concerned when one is turned into a stick figure. He's ridiculed and can no longer fit in with his spherical peers, so he decides to venture across the desk to the eraser in order to remove those pesky new limbs. To do so he must traverse the doodles and drawings along the way. Slowly new additions are accidentally made. More details, a refined texture, and color! Over time he begins to realize that while these further isolate him from his rounded pals back in the sketchbook, they're not bad. He likes the control, the form, and even the style that he gained. When he finally reaches the eraser he decides not to, though another drawing isn't pleased with this. One drawing that decides only he can look that good. A final fight is had and our guy has won. He shows all of the ball sketches that difference is okay, and all decide to indulge themselves in their own unique designs.

-----

And here's the design of the player/main character, as well as his progression from the beginning to the end of the game

sig-4490081.fdgb_zps5vrlau1l.png

As you can see the style of the game is quite simplistic, so no super professional-ness is needed ;)

One more thing, this is not a paid job. If you want to help out don't expect money, just a good fun game making time!

So if you like the idea and want to join and help, leave a comment here. Preferably with an example of your work :)

Hope to hear from you soon! :D

Edited by Tech Reel
  • Brohoof 1

Badges

I'm not necessarily an animator/programmer (in the langauges neeed) but I could design a nice website or something simliar. Let me know if you want me to help, add me on Skype if you have it, if not, PM me!

Edited by Toast_Science

what language do you need help with? or could one just make a demo with what they are used to?

Badges

I'm not necessarily an animator/programmer (in the langauges neeed) but I could design a nice website or something simliar. Let me know if you want me to help, add me on Skype if you have it, if not, PM me!

A website? Well I'm not quite sure a website is required for this project. I plan to just upload it to itch.io. If anything maybe you could help with the page for the game there?

what language do you need help with? or could one just make a demo with what they are used to?

Any language will do! (To be honest I've never made a game before now so I don't even know the difference between languages XD)

• Brohoof 1

Badges

Who exactly would be making the sprites for the game? You?

Who exactly would be making the sprites for the game? You?

Yep, I'd do the sprites for it. Probably a detail I shouldve mentioned :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Badges